Celtic v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 2/3/22

shull

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

You have posted about 7 million times more than anyone else on BAWA, if we have similar views from time to time you’ll generally beat me to making them. You live for the site. 

Another repetitive pointless post, well done, bedtime, mummy must have your hot chocolate ready.

:lol:

19 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

2-0 routine win for celtic

wins against ross county and dundee in our next two games would be nice

image.png.a928460dab9ca27e6e09261714984d57.png

Too true. Our score line was respectable IMO. The Livvy result was a sore one. Ross County can score goals. Stopping them has been their problem

Edited by Rascal

Amazing the turnaround in a couple of weeks. Unbeaten this year then all of a sudden we are looking over our shoulder again a little bit. As usual didn’t expect anything from tonight, although still is always disappointing at the end. 
I hope we manage to pick ourselves up for what are two vital games. 
Hope too that the manager picks the right players for the task at the weekend. 

Just now, BanburyBud said:

Amazing the turnaround in a couple of weeks. Unbeaten this year then all of a sudden we are looking over our shoulder again a little bit. As usual didn’t expect anything from tonight, although still is always disappointing at the end. 
I hope we manage to pick ourselves up for what are two vital games. 
Hope too that the manager picks the right players for the task at the weekend. 

It's been that type of season, remember before the enforced break we were stuttering along, so, like most teams, it's all about putting 2 or 3 results together and the season takes on a different look.

Then again, 2 or 3 results the wrong way, gulp. :wink:

Parked the bus and with a bit of luck could have scraped a 0-0. Didn’t deserve anything from tonight and didn’t expect anything. Celtic weren’t overly impressive tonight but we offered nothing. 
Hopefully Robinson got a good look at Main tonight. The one and only thing you expect from him is effort but he wasn’t working to press their players at all. Greive or Brophy every time before him. 
We move on quickly and focus on the next couple of massive games ahead. 

22 minutes ago, elvis said:

We might escape the drop by the skin of our teeth but I wouldn't be putting any money on it f**k knows where our next point will come from never mind a win .

Ffs what are you talking about? We are on better form than Aberdeen, Dundee United, Motherwell, Hibs, St Johnstone & Dundee and have a 10 point cushion over 11th with 30 to play for. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by bazil85

1 hour ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Parked the bus and with a bit of luck could have scraped a 0-0. Didn’t deserve anything from tonight and didn’t expect anything. Celtic weren’t overly impressive tonight but we offered nothing. 
Hopefully Robinson got a good look at Main tonight. The one and only thing you expect from him is effort but he wasn’t working to press their players at all. Greive or Brophy every time before him. 
We move on quickly and focus on the next couple of massive games ahead. 

The next three games, including the cup tie, will go a long way to defining our season. Win them and we are on a high. Lose them and we will avoid relegation but finish no better than 8/9th

Dont understand where the doom and gloom from some on here comes from. Hearts game was over when Ronan was sent off and ref was shocking. Celtic thought we did ok while not threatening but I never expected us to in reality.

I believe that 7th is worst case where we will be come the end of the season with a best case of 4th. Every team (including us) outwith the old firm (who everyone tries to scrape a draw or get a lucky breakaway) is beatable this year.

Main is not even the question never mind the answer but Brophy and Grieve at the same time will cause defences nightmares.

1 hour ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Dont understand where the doom and gloom from some on here comes from. Hearts game was over when Ronan was sent off and ref was shocking. Celtic thought we did ok while not threatening but I never expected us to in reality.

I believe that 7th is worst case where we will be come the end of the season with a best case of 4th. Every team (including us) outwith the old firm (who everyone tries to scrape a draw or get a lucky breakaway) is beatable this year.

Main is not even the question never mind the answer but Brophy and Grieve at the same time will cause defences nightmares.

Brophy and Grieve will cause nobody nightmares. Grieve has lot of energy and looks decent, Brophy fails to be involved for most of the game and TBH wouldn't be sorry to see him go end of season. You need to be realistic because i don't know what your watching, 7th is punching well above our weight and 10th is realistic. A team that goes 12 games without a win is generally fighting at wrong end of table.

4 minutes ago, Wardog said:

A team that goes 12 games without a win is generally fighting at wrong end of table.

First thing is not all of those 12 were losses, second you conveniently then forget to mention the following 8 games where we had 6 wins and 2 draws so I know exactly which team I have been watching, do you even bother to do that???

We have lost our last 2 against 1st and 3rd respectively , one I expected nothing from and the second ruined by the standard of refereeing.

Leaving the 2 cup games aside we beat the teams currently 5th, 6th, 10th and 11th and drew with the teams in 4th and 7th so I am happy with my opinion on our chances.

You are obviously happy in your prediction of 10th , only time will provide the answer but my realism is alive and well thanks.

10 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

First thing is not all of those 12 were losses, second you conveniently then forget to mention the following 8 games where we had 6 wins and 2 draws so I know exactly which team I have been watching, do you even bother to do that???

We have lost our last 2 against 1st and 3rd respectively , one I expected nothing from and the second ruined by the standard of refereeing.

Leaving the 2 cup games aside we beat the teams currently 5th, 6th, 10th and 11th and drew with the teams in 4th and 7th so I am happy with my opinion on our chances.

You are obviously happy in your prediction of 10th , only time will provide the answer but my realism is alive and well thanks.

You put forward a decent case. All to play for. No need for doom and gloom but nothing to take for granted either. The league is tightly strung at the top and has never, in my recollection , been so tightly contested between 8 teams covered by so few points making the difference between top 4, top 6, or hovering above the , presently distanced bottom two in their own dog fight. Exactly how the league should be….Competitive

38 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

So after all those amazing results we are still 9th..how do u explain that mighty position?

22 minutes ago, Wardog said:

So after all those amazing results we are still 9th..how do u explain that mighty position?

We have lost fewer games than any team outside the top 3. Quite an achievement IMO but 12 draws included in those. The difference in points between 4 and 10 has never been closer as far as I recall. Time to hold our nerve as players and fans.