Are there more wheels or doors in the world?

Sue Denim

More wheels or doors in the world?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’ve been kinda ignoring this “important” debate, but…

I’d guess that the majority of people on this planet live different lives to us in the comfortable UK.  They won’t have cars.  They may share a bicycle or barrow.

They’ll all have homes mostly with doors of some sort.

Here, we have 6 “wheels” on the car, which has 5 “doors” not counting the glovebox.  And the only other wheels are 2 on the hose line.

26 doors in/on the Hoose, not counting hunners of cupboard doors.  I can’t think of any other wheels…  :unsure:

So those  31 doors > 8 wheels.

The multitude of UK public transports and supply vehicles would have a shedload of wheels,  but that figure would be spread over/divided per capita between  the 67m uk population.

Wheels, surely?

Edited by antrin

Stunningly, I agree with fartaway…

Mainly due to me unusually being an idiot.  I provided all MY data, showing the preponderance of doors in my life (never included fridge, freezer or cupboard doors) yet somehow finally typed “wheels”! 

It’s doors.  

Even the Record in that link which hopelessly ignores the vast populations in the underdeveloped world, say…

“So far, that’s between 156.2 and 234.6 million wheels and between 259.8 and 288.6 million doorsl

Depends how you're defining a door (car door/cupboard door/hamster cage door/... ?) and a wheel (toy car wheel/Falkirk Wheel/doing a cartwheel/...?).

I would guess at ... "who gives a feck" as the answer.
^^^^

That's worth repeating - even if just to get the Falkirk Wheel in again to annoy Faraway. [emoji16]