Home form

1 minute ago, norrie82 said:

It’s pretty poor. Last season 4 wins at home in league whilst this season we sit at 3. It’s been many draws granted but still it really has to get better . It’s not good enough 

Got to hand it to you, if there's a negative to be found you will post about it. :lol:

How many have we played, won, drawn and lost, that would give the bigger picture. 

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Got to hand it to you, if there's a negative to be found you will post about it. :lol:

How many have we played, won, drawn and lost, that would give the bigger picture. 

Haha negative. Your one to talk. By the way I’ve really enjoyed some of the away games and actually supporting / being there . But three home wins isn’t great and there’s no denying that. Needs to get better if we are to break into top half sometime . 

2 hours ago, norrie82 said:

It’s pretty poor. Last season 4 wins at home in league whilst this season we sit at 3. It’s been many draws granted but still it really has to get better . It’s not good enough 

Hard to argue with the facts. And….I do think that you have a sound argument in saying that this would give more credibility to being a top six club . Doing it is another matter. Despite criticisms we are, I think, the fourth team in the league based on the number of games won and drawn. On a positive note, this should give us a base to build on but turnover in players on loan or short contracts makes building a team tough IMO

10 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

8 wins, 12 draws and 11 defeats is arguably not top 6 form. Lucky that no other team outside Hearts hasn't had a consistent run and that we are still in with a very slim chance .

If we want to improve we need to be scoring more than 28 goals in 31 games.  

& Theres the issue right there . We are struggling to identify decent strikers and have been for a few seasons and We spunked money on Duds like Morais, Erwin & Main etc . Seems our scouting / academy / managers are unable to identify a decent forward at any level . 

Mind you , we are not alone in that respect compared to most of our competition, not many 20 goals a season strikers outside the ugly sisters. 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

7 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Our home form in the top league since moving to the current stadium is nothing short of pathetic, I can't think of a single season where we have had more home wins than defeats 

Home form must be the worst in the league

Only 4 league games for me this season for various reasons, with 2 draws and 2 defeats  ☹️

Last min goals by Livy and the Arabs didn't help.

Only time we win plenty at home is when we are in the championship. 

At least i did see a win in the Scottish Cup at home. 

27 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Only 4 league games for me this season for various reasons, with 2 draws and 2 defeats  ☹️

Well you will see plenty games next season then.

41 minutes ago, Tommy said:

If we kept up your 50 %  win rate we would have 45 points or more by now Tommy.

10 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

It has been a hard season with Covid and games getting postponed. 

Hoping that next season season ticket prices are frozen as price increases may put some folk off. 

On the other hand any of 3 of 7 teams could join Celtic, Rangers and Hearts in the top six, including St Mirren are grouped within just a few points with two games to go. Tense. Winning our next home game would be special.

Edited by Rascal

2 hours ago, exiledfan said:

Take out Ronan's 7 goals and some great saves from Jack we could be in trouble.

A striker that gets about a dozen goals a season is all we need. Look at Ross County and Livingston both have strikers that are scoring regularly and both will finish above us. 

🤣

So take away the goals scored by a midfielder who’s job (or at least part of) is to score goals and take away the saves made by a goalie who’s job it is to make saves.

🤣🤣 Absolutely priceless.

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

🤣

So take away the goals scored by a midfielder who’s job (or at least part of) is to score goals and take away the saves made by a goalie who’s job it is to make saves.

🤣🤣 Absolutely priceless.

The conclusion is correct though that as long as our goalkeeper keeps stopping goals and our midfielders chip in then a 12 goals a season striker might make the difference in improving our points haul and maybe reaching the top 6. Isn’t it?