Saints v Rangers April 2022

Rascal

3 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So essentially , we took 13 points form the first 6 games but only 3 points from the next 6 games .  That’s an alarming drop of form and fortunes in my book.  Especially as four of the later games came v bottom six teams. 

It’s not going to end well with Robinson.

There is one scenario that will guarantee us beating Rangers on Sunday and that is the results not having gone our way on Saturday. Classic us to do it when it doesn't matter.

As someone else said though, if the results do miraculously go our way on Saturday, there will be absolutely no excuse for not going full hell for leather against Rangers. Anything less will be completely unacceptable. Talk about having nothing to lose. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

There is one scenario that will guarantee us beating Rangers on Sunday and that is the results not having gone our way on Saturday. Classic us to do it when it doesn't matter.

As someone else said though, if the results do miraculously go our way on Saturday, there will be absolutely no excuse for not going full hell for leather against Rangers. Anything less will be completely unacceptable. Talk about having nothing to lose. 

Sitting where we are relative to top and bottom of the league structure at the break does create an almost unique opportunity to triumph against adversity or fail disastrously. As Kipling said, we need to treat each the same to man up …or words to that effect. It will be incredibly tense if we have a chance of the top six. Looking down, picking up any points would be valuable.

4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Here you go.  And you can add in getting turfed out the Scottish Cup . 

60555178-CD2E-4E5A-AC9C-FE57D7AA18BC.jpeg

The stats don’t lie but they can mislead. If they all went on form then ok but they don’t. A losing run ends just as winning runs do. Extend that list backwards and we are not too bad. The ups and downs of following a club outside the top three this season. BTW. The cup game at Tynecastle was a Cracker to be at. Despite losing, the team didn’t let anybody down. Great match.

I’m rather enchanted with the early chance to gnash teeth, smash gums and tear out hair, that “failing” to get into the Top Six has offered so many. (if that DOES become the case with a loss to sevco).

And yet there’s the opportunity still remaining to get similar joy out of wailing from the relegation fight!

it’s exceptional value for money.  Two bites at the cherry of gloom for the same price.  :)

27 minutes ago, antrin said:

I’m rather enchanted with the early chance to gnash teeth, smash gums and tear out hair, that “failing” to get into the Top Six has offered so many. (if that DOES become the case with a loss to sevco).

And yet there’s the opportunity still remaining to get similar joy out of wailing from the relegation fight!

it’s exceptional value for money.  Two bites at the cherry of gloom for the same price.  :)

All we need after this is to be in the bottom half and when the fixtures are announced that our final match is against St Johnstone in Perth!!!!

5 hours ago, Rascal said:

The stats don’t lie but they can mislead. If they all went on form then ok but they don’t. A losing run ends just as winning runs do. Extend that list backwards and we are not too bad. The ups and downs of following a club outside the top three this season. BTW. The cup game at Tynecastle was a Cracker to be at. Despite losing, the team didn’t let anybody down. Great match.

Sorry but although I wasn’t at Tynecastle I saw the whole game on tv. The minute the third goal went in, we chucked it. That’s what I call letting everyone down. We will lose again on Sunday and could end up in 11th place easily. Get rid of not only the manager, but whoever had the say in appointing him.

1 minute ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Sorry but although I wasn’t at Tynecastle I saw the whole game on tv. The minute the third goal went in, we chucked it. That’s what I call letting everyone down. We will lose again on Sunday and could end up in 11th place easily. Get rid of not only the manager, but whoever had the say in appointing him.

Respect your opinion but we had a great day out and , although disappointed, thought we played well but we’re eventually steamrollered by a very good , and very fit, Hearts team. Credit where credit is due.

Morelos out until the end of the season. Pity. I like watching this guy play. Annoys the hell out of folks with his antics but his sheer strength and eye for goal make him a definite opponent worth watching. https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8669828/rangers-morelos-out-until-summer-surgery-thigh-injury/

On 3/27/2022 at 12:48 PM, Rascal said:

Meanwhile back on topic. One more game to go before we get to this one. If we pick up the points against Motherwell - a big if - then this game would become a potential season defining game for both teams. What more could we ask? (Apart from a point or three).

Four and a half pages of utter dross mainly because you wanted to hit the "headlines" again opening a new topic before the previous game has been played. Have you run out of ideas for topics? Do your friends who you keep us well informed about know your obsession?. It may be time to cool your time on here. I used to enjoy poping in  and out of this forum including keeping up with the little battles going on but your attempt at a takeover is no fun.

26 minutes ago, hamlet said:

Four and a half pages of utter dross mainly because you wanted to hit the "headlines" again opening a new topic before the previous game has been played. Have you run out of ideas for topics? Do your friends who you keep us well informed about know your obsession?. It may be time to cool your time on here. I used to enjoy poping in  and out of this forum including keeping up with the little battles going on but your attempt at a takeover is no fun.

Really. So far off the mark but your opinion is welcomed

Edited by Rascal

47 minutes ago, hamlet said:

Nail on the head. 👍

2 hours ago, hamlet said:

It may be time to cool your time on here. I used to enjoy poping in  and out of this forum including keeping up with the little battles going on but your attempt at a takeover is no fun.

I know this is a bluenose topic, but we should perhaps avoid such language….