Saints v Rangers April 2022

Rascal

4 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

He never left for that reason.

At least tripled his wage.

Massive increase in playing budget which in turn should see him competing for major trophies and European football.

Bigger profile club on his path towards his dream of managing his national side.

None of us in his position would have turned down that job.

I don’t blame Jim Goodwin one little bit. Enjoyed him as a player and, as I have said already, enjoyed the links he brought between players and fans. We were his second managerial job and he has done well in both. Good luck to him going forward. He did make mistakes with us. Anyone would. Now good luck to Stephen Robinson. Jim is a tough ask to follow in terms of his appeal to fans. 

Edited by Rascal

26 minutes ago, Rascal said:

I don’t blame Jim Goodwin one little bit. Enjoyed him as a player and, as I have said already, enjoyed the links he brought between players and fans. We were his second managerial job and he has done well in both. Good luck to him going forward. He did make mistakes with us. Anyone would. Now good luck to Stephen Robinson. Jim is a tough ask to follow in terms of his appeal to fans. 

I admire your upbeat spirit and support for the team, however I believe Robinson was given the job NOT on the basis of luck. Heaven knows on what basis that was but he is doing a dreadful job and the team is conceding goals by the barrow load. Theoretically St Johnstone should be in a terrible way after their mauling yesterday but they must be heartened by our current form and useless manager. Add in that they have traditionally had the Indian sign over us and I bet they won’t give up the fight(unlike that team today) easily. 

2 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

I admire your upbeat spirit and support for the team, however I believe Robinson was given the job NOT on the basis of luck. Heaven knows on what basis that was but he is doing a dreadful job and the team is conceding goals by the barrow load. Theoretically St Johnstone should be in a terrible way after their mauling yesterday but they must be heartened by our current form and useless manager. Add in that they have traditionally had the Indian sign over us and I bet they won’t give up the fight(unlike that team today) easily. 

To be honest , I don’t expect St Johnstone to give up and hope that our game against them is at St Mirren Park and not in Perth as we generally struggle there. 

There seems to be some assumption that just now it's a dogfight for 11th between ourselves and St Johnstone when the points between Dundee and St Johnstone is 1 less.

Dundee & St Johnstone are fighting to avoid 12th and Dundee will be hoping to get and beat St Johnstone first game post split a result that would be perfect for us.

St Johnstone, St Mirren and Aberdeen are fighting to avoid 11th.

The good thing for us is will be hard with 4 teams fighting for their lives for St Johnstone to pick up a good points tally as our next win seems a million miles away.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

You’ve got to love the folk that think we were going to finish 4th under Goodwin and also giving pats on the back to the team for beating Ayr and Kelly to get to a QF! 

Clearly can’t remember pre-Christmas, and certainly can’t remember back to shiting the bed from pole position for top 6 last year, and 2 semi finals against bog standard opposition.  
Looking back can't see anyone who said we would finish 4th. Plenty said we had a chance which is different. Never gonna say under wee useless Robinson

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

There seems to be some assumption that just now it's a dogfight for 11th between ourselves and St Johnstone when the points between Dundee and St Johnstone is 1 less.

Dundee & St Johnstone are fighting to avoid 12th and Dundee will be hoping to get and beat St Johnstone first game post split a result that would be perfect for us.

St Johnstone, St Mirren and Aberdeen are fighting to avoid 11th.

The good thing for us is will be hard with 4 teams fighting for their lives for St Johnstone to pick up a good points tally as our next win seems a million miles away.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

A real scrap. Perhaps to the last game of the season. Very testing on the nerves for players and fans of every team involved , perhaps excluding Hibs and Livingston.

16 hours ago, Rascal said:

A real scrap. Perhaps to the last game of the season. Very testing on the nerves for players and fans of every team involved , perhaps excluding Hibs and Livingston.

Are we up for a scrap? This team looks very similar to last season's gutless Kilmarnock - maybe worse as we dont have a goal scoring centre forward. We have flattered to deceive. We have too many players out of contract at the end of the season , others prematurely told they will be let go and as a result half the team now not giving a shit. Add to the mix a new manager who has got off to a shaky start. Worrying times ahead and another very tense  finish to the season. 

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Are we up for a scrap? This team looks very similar to last season's gutless Kilmarnock - maybe worse as we dont have a goal scoring centre forward. We have flattered to deceive. We have too many players out of contract at the end of the season , others prematurely told they will be let go and as a result half the team now not giving a shit. Add to the mix a new manager who has got off to a shaky start. Worrying times ahead and another very tense  finish to the season. 

Magnus. The truth is that I just don’t know and don’t think that anyone does. Mental toughness is going to be needed. Yes, tense times