Saints v Rangers April 2022

Rascal

Just now, guinness said:

We have been keech all season. If we can avoid play offs it will be a bonus . Both managers we have had this season have been very poor.

The purple patch after the winter break may end up being the difference between us staying up and avoiding the drop. 

That run of results got Goodwin a pay rise, but we were lucky in a few of those games we won.

I still have a fear that St J could put a wee run together and we could be sucked into a dogfight.

It is often easier to be chasing in the business end of the season as you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

We have a free hit tomorrow.

We need to approach it in a positive mindset and go for the victory.

Could Curtis Main be an unlikely hero?

Just now, SuperSaints1877 said:

The purple patch after the winter break may end up being the difference between us staying up and avoiding the drop. 

That run of results got Goodwin a pay rise, but we were lucky in a few of those games we won.

I still have a fear that St J could put a wee run together and we could be sucked into a dogfight.

It is often easier to be chasing in the business end of the season as you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

No.  Celtic bumping Saint Johnstone by 7 could still save us on goa! Difference.

7 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Certainly would be an unlikely hero ! My take on things is somewhat like yours. No one expects us to get anything tomorrow so anything other than a heavy defeat might do. Goal difference is important . It was last season and is again. More would be a bonus. I don’t agree on the point made by another poster about 2 bad managers. Jim was popular and in his time with us did more than ok. SR is just in the door and like Jim at Aberdeen and Sean Maloney at Hibs is taking time to make the their mark. 

Edited by Rascal

Since we have no chance of winning, we should just park the bus so to keep the goal different as wide as possible between us  and the fakes. 

Looking at the league table, only 3 teams have lost less games than us, but sadly we have the 3rd lower wins in the league.

Most draws in the league have done us  for the top 6. 

Wasn’t going to watch this but as the game edges closer  my “ St Mirrenness” has started to kick in along with my insanely groundless optimism so watch it I will with my lucky( hmmm) scarf on.

I just hope we don’t try and shitfest a draw as I don’t think we are clever enough at the back. 
Robinson will probably go for damage limitation to goal difference and we will likely pay the price.

Go out and get stuck in. The league is gone for them . Maybe, just maybe it’s not a bad time to be playing them.

Marching In.

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Since we have no chance of winning, we should just park the bus so to keep the goal different as wide as possible between us  and the fakes. 

Looking at the league table, only 3 teams have lost less games than us, but sadly we have the 3rd lower wins in the league.

Most draws in the league have done us  for the top 6. 

I agree on the draws. Haven’t checked today but for a while the most in the league. We have also been awarded very few penalties

1 hour ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

Wasn’t going to watch this but as the game edges closer  my “ St Mirrenness” has started to kick in along with my insanely groundless optimism so watch it I will with my lucky( hmmm) scarf on.

I just hope we don’t try and shitfest a draw as I don’t think we are clever enough at the back. 
Robinson will probably go for damage limitation to goal difference and we will likely pay the price.

Go out and get stuck in. The league is gone for them . Maybe, just maybe it’s not a bad time to be playing them.

Marching In.

It’s the curse of being a fan. The nearer the game gets, the greater the pull it has.

Today’s opponents are still within catching distance of their main opponents who top the league and still have to play them again in the league as games run out. Beating Saints will be even more important after Celtic’s 7-0 win against St Johnstone which further boosted their already much greater goal difference giving them an extra cushion at the top. A defeat by Saints would that distance seem even bigger. They will be on the front foot.

1 minute ago, StanleySaint said:

Would hope we'll give it a go but suspect we'll try to limit the damage, expect a defeat but could we sneak a cheeky draw????

If Rangers have other things on their mind, nothings impossible, however I don't see that, they'll be wanting a win to set them up for the return leg in their European adventure.