Saints v Rangers April 2022

Rascal

20 minutes ago, Home saint said:

You made this up. I have no interest in who you may or not be. It's very easy to make this using the simplest of apps. Anyway. IF I was an alias as you suggested, why would I need to check who you were? I hope I'm wrong but you seem to be in need of some real intervention. Perhaps, for your own mental health, you should take some time out. Stay safe.

Sound advice. I hesitate to speculate but perhaps signs of paranoia kicking in with FS. A rest might do him good. (And the rest of us perhaps)

Cairters Corner posted an item on Twitter where he tackles the question of giving two stands to the two large clubs when they come. Looks at attendance figures before we did that and after. Breaks down revenue from giving the second stand away and makes a very decent monetary case to show that, even before extra police and steward costs, that any increase in income is very small. Worth a read.

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

Cairters Corner posted an item on Twitter where he tackles the question of giving two stands to the two large clubs when they come. Looks at attendance figures before we did that and after. Breaks down revenue from giving the second stand away and makes a very decent monetary case to show that, even before extra police and steward costs, that any increase in income is very small. Worth a read.

The club have NEVER  given a breakdown of the income v costs ,time Smisa forced them to!

While the protests about giving up stands at each end is understandable, historically OF fans have always got into home parts of the ground.

Way back in 70s and 80s there would be a large number behind the love street goal and even into the north bank at times ( A burst eye for me from a Celtic fan’s can of beer can vouch for that)

I don’t recall much grumbling then, it just seemed to be the way it was. 
It’s not so much having them infiltrate home parts of the ground it’s the season ticket holders having to move which I’m sure is upsetting for those who have selected a favourite seat or to sit with friends.

I was one of those spoiled Buddies who was a regular during the Fergie years and the few after where our regular crowds were much larger and we were closer to the top of the league. 
As for this game we should get right in amongst them as bottom club Dundee showed they can be rattled, it’s a must to keep at them for the 90+ minutes to give ourselves a chance.

1 hour ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

While the protests about giving up stands at each end is understandable, historically OF fans have always got into home parts of the ground.

Way back in 70s and 80s there would be a large number behind the love street goal and even into the north bank at times ( A burst eye for me from a Celtic fan’s can of beer can vouch for that)

I don’t recall much grumbling then, it just seemed to be the way it was. 
It’s not so much having them infiltrate home parts of the ground it’s the season ticket holders having to move which I’m sure is upsetting for those who have selected a favourite seat or to sit with friends.

I was one of those spoiled Buddies who was a regular during the Fergie years and the few after where our regular crowds were much larger and we were closer to the top of the league. 
As for this game we should get right in amongst them as bottom club Dundee showed they can be rattled, it’s a must to keep at them for the 90+ minutes to give ourselves a chance.

For me the issues are .

1. We are wilfully giving over both ends of the ground to “them” , thus putting 1500 hostile fans behind our goalie in each half.

2. we are sending the wrong message to the young ‘uns in the so called family stand- support saints and you don’t matter 

3. I f**king hate them . 

For me the issues are .
1. We are wilfully giving over both ends of the ground to “them” , thus putting 1500 hostile fans behind our goalie in each half.
2. we are sending the wrong message to the young ‘uns in the so called family stand- support saints and you don’t matter 
3. I f**king hate them . 
In reverse order?

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

For me the issues are .

3. I f**king hate them . 

I agree that we are sending the wrong message to the young folk in the family stand. I also agree that it doesn’t help to have hostile fans at both ends. I deplore the sectarianism of both halves of the duo. The argument put forward by Cairters Corner are pretty sound IMO. The actual financial gain is smaller than first imagined and the damage now too great. An alternative suggested elsewhere is to allocate seats in the family stand to both home and away supporters family groups. Surely worth investigating? We always did have interlopers in the home stand. 

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

They are not sound as they do not include all costings. You'd think that someone that claimed to work in finance would know sound financial costings. emoji1787.png

Once again the needless niggle. They are soundly based and clearly explained using estimates and / or assumptions. They clearly can’t include all of the coatings but rather estimates. The club will of course have the coatings and have an opportunity to refute these. Are you an apologist for the decision to allocate both stands and in doing so, require family ticket holders to move for these matches? 

Edited by Rascal

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

Once again the needless niggle. They are soundly based and clearly explained using estimates and / or assumptions. They clearly can’t include all of the coatings but rather estimates. The club will of course have the coatings and have an opportunity to refute these. Are you an apologist for the decision to allocate both stands and in doing so, require family ticket holders to move for these matches? 

Why "estimates" they should know by now the actual costs

Yet they fail to include all costs. I'll give one as an example, the catering contract. This would have been awarded after the company had estimated attendances for their bid of said contract.

No, I'm a apologist for the supporters that are saving money as they didn't take their kids to games against 2 glasgow clubs.

I only niggle at liars and fantasists.

41 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Yet they fail to include all costs. I'll give one as an example, the catering contract. This would have been awarded after the company had estimated attendances for their bid of said contract.

No, I'm a apologist for the supporters that are saving money as they didn't take their kids to games against 2 glasgow clubs.

I only niggle at liars and fantasists.

I’m wasting no more time on you. I am however, neither of these. But..stay in your bubble. It may help if you have a look at this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicola_Brewer Pleasant lady. Enjoyed regular weekends in the Oyster Box in Umhlanga on the Indian Ocean coast of South Africa.

Edited by Rascal

I’m wasting no more time on you. I am however, neither of these. But..stay in your bubble. It may help if you have a look at this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicola_Brewer Pleasant lady. Enjoyed regular weekends in the Oyster Box in Umhlanga on the Indian Ocean coast of South Africa.
Are you saying you never posted this? [emoji50]

"Although I didn't meet the British Ambassador to South Africa at the embassy. 
Met her over dinner at a nice hotel in Umhlanga Rocks in Kwa Zulu Natal called the Oyster Box."

Meanwhile back on topic. One more game to go before we get to this one. If we pick up the points against Motherwell - a big if - then this game would become a potential season defining game for both teams. What more could we ask? (Apart from a point or three).