Mark O'Hara

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 9:01 PM, Tommy said:

Will this signing still happen if we drop out out the league or is the signing cast in stone  ?

Good question Tommy. The report was that he signed a pre contract with us. The terms, we don’t know. My take on it is that he would still join us. 

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
39 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Not heard much on this, how long he likely to be missing? May explain why he was soo off the boil for a while if he was carrying a knock. 

O'Hara took part in the pre-match warm-up on Saturday so surely he must be very close to being back.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Think Robbo said in his interview that O'Hara and McMenamin should be back in the squad for tomorrow night, but Strain is still another couple of weeks away.

I think, although we don't have the same crosses into the box from the right, we're coping well enough not to push Strain too hard. Elvis has been a reasonable deputy. Shrewd transfer work.

23 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I think, although we don't have the same crosses into the box from the right, we're coping well enough not to push Strain too hard. Elvis has been a reasonable deputy. Shrewd transfer work.

Agree 100%.

Also don’t want to be overly critical, but I think we are all potentially guilty of getting a wee bit misty eyed over Strain. He started the season (by that I mean literally the first handful of games) on top form taking up where he left off last season. However, let’s not forget that he did go off the boil to quite a large extent prior to his injury, including potentially costing us the game against Rangers by getting an incredibly amateurish sending off. 
No question he’s a smashing player and if we’re guaranteed to get Ryan from last season, then get him straight back in, but like you say, Elvis is performing well enough, so I’ll trust Robbo to watch Strain in training and reintroduce him at the right time. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agree 100%.

Also don’t want to be overly critical, but I think we are all potentially guilty of getting a wee bit misty eyed over Strain. He started the season (by that I mean literally the first handful of games) on top form taking up where he left off last season. However, let’s not forget that he did go off the boil to quite a large extent prior to his injury, including potentially costing us the game against Rangers by getting an incredibly amateurish sending off. 
No question he’s a smashing player and if we’re guaranteed to get Ryan from last season, then get him straight back in, but like you say, Elvis is performing well enough, so I’ll trust Robbo to watch Strain in training and reintroduce him at the right time. 

The formation that Robbo has set us up with since he came in, is much more effective with Strain in the side. I'm looking forward to a fit version of Strain returning, hopefully just at the right time.