AGM

Hendo

AGM announced for 21st April.

Three places on the current SMISA board up for re-election - those of us who didn't pay much attention when the constitution was drawn up are probably surprised to hear only a third of the board are up for re-election each year. 

I'd urge anyone who wants change and a more inclusive SMISA to stand for election.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Three places on the current SMISA board up for re-election - those of us who didn't pay much attention when the constitution was drawn up are probably surprised to hear only a third of the board are up for re-election each year. 

I'd urge anyone who wants change and a more inclusive SMISA to stand for election.

I think I am right in saying the 4 "smisa"  guys on the St Mirren board are not on the Smisa board?

SMISA seem to me to be honest, up-front and approachable - doing the job that the rest of us aren’t diligent enough, bright enough, interested enough or capable of doing.

Buddies don’t need to be like the current rabble that are going ape-shit online with the directors of The Rangers cos they have caught them a cash-spinning friendly with their bosom brothers… ( although it’s fun to witness for outsiders!)

if you think you can do better than SMISA, join, participate and make everything perfect for everyBuddie.  Please.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

There's not much anyone can do about this 😂

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

There will be a lot of talented people within the support who could bring  fresh energy and thoughts to SMISA. Hope there are a healthy number of people who put their names forward. 

24 minutes ago, Rascal said:

There will be a lot of talented people within the support who could bring  fresh energy and thoughts to SMISA. Hope there are a healthy number of people who put their names forward. 

Yes there will be and to be fair the members there have a right variety of experience.

I would like to see a bit of diversity in fans of more diverse back ground and would be great to see some input from fans of different backgrounds to build inclusivity around the club.

Yes there will be and to be fair the members there have a right variety of experience.
I would like to see a bit of diversity in fans of more diverse back ground and would be great to see some input from fans of different backgrounds to build inclusivity around the club.

What is the backgrounds that you refer to?

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

What is the backgrounds that you refer to?

Fans with disabilities, LGBT+ representation, different ethnic backgrounds, more woman represented etc....

We are a community club and should be increasing our fan base by becoming more inclusive to everyone. 

Are you putting yourself forward?

Fans with disabilities, LGBT+ representation, different ethnic backgrounds, more woman represented etc....
We are a community club and should be increasing our fan base by becoming more inclusive to everyone. 
Are you saying that there is no representation from these groups you've mentioned?

23 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Can’t imagine anyone with an open mind disagreeing with this. One town, one team. For anybody and everybody. Makes sense to me.

22 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
43 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Are you saying that there is no representation from these groups you've mentioned?

No but reading the bios it's not indicating there are.  

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

No, I'm a white middle aged man so not diverse enough 😄

Diversity doesn't mean there is no place for white middle aged men.

What we need is lots of wide opinions that look to grow our club and keep it heart of a diverse community.

Think of the opportunities that we miss to grow and strengthen our community spirit.

We should be promoting more the woman's and girls teams, taking opportunities to show highlights on the TV at half time or even for a bit of fun woman's team Vs fans in penalties at half time as a bit of fun.

There are only 7 LGBT+ supporters clubs in Scotland would be great to see saints offering open days and spots in hospitality for special events whilst promoting that our club is welcoming to all.

Look at groups that promote equality with race and look to offer tickets where this may be appropriate as part of kick racism out campaigns.

We should be reinforcing that we are part of the community and celebrating this.

11 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You want a person to highlight in their bio if they have a disability, they are or are not LGBT+ and what their ethnic background is?

People can put what they like in their bio (after all you are a cookie monster living on Sesame Street).

What I'm saying is it would be nice to see more of a diverse agenda and representation. 

12 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

People can put what they like in their bio (after all you are a cookie monster living on Sesame Street).

What I'm saying is it would be nice to see more of a diverse agenda and representation. 

The basis for your argument is one that I support and that is that the club is for everyone irrespective of background, religion, political leanings, social status, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender, disability etc. these  being the most common distinguishing features currently used to define diversity. Again, one town, one team. I haven’t looked at any bios but I see no reason why people who wish to put themselves forward for election shouldn’t provide details that they think will advance their candidacy. Surely the days of the secret society are now past. Open disclosure including membership of orders like the Masons or Knights of St Columba would also be welcomed , I am sure in these enlightened times. Disclosure by all means.

Edited by Rascal

There are only 7 LGBT+ supporters clubs in Scotland ...

Things like that have always confused me. If you are wanting EQUAL rights/representation/etc why go out of your way to highlight your "differences"? I've heard (possibly) all the arguments but none of them make sense. If the aim is to be accepted in the "mainstream" then why separate yourself.

Me thinks you are being just a little disingenuous. You know for sure that people in any sector covered in the debate about diversity get together to form protest then project groups to improve their visibility and their impact on decision makers. Nothing unusual there. The gradual extension of the right to vote for all followed a similar path. I’m sure that you wouldn’t decry that. For me the main advantage of having diversity is the very fact that none of us can see things from every angle. As a friend put it …”If you think that there are no cliques, it’s because you are in the clique.” Let’s welcome groups with varying interests. Whilst football should not be political or religious there is every reason for it to favour inclusion. Show racism the red card is a case in point.