The one alcoholic drink you'd never drink again...................

faraway saint

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Whenever I’ve traveled I’ve always like sampling the local spirit. 

I should add however when going to Greenock I avoid the Buckie.

As a teenager living in Foxbar - it was normal for us all ( Findhorn Ave/Spey Ave/ Annan Drive ) area to chip in on a weekend, walk to the Stanley Firs , stand outside - ( had a wee off license ) ask a random guy to go in and get our carry oot

Once or twice they took our money and disappeared into the pub [emoji2][emoji2] never to be seen again

As a teenager living in Foxbar - it was normal for us all ( Findhorn Ave/Spey Ave/ Annan Drive ) area to chip in on a weekend, walk to the Stanley Firs , stand outside - ( had a wee off license ) ask a random guy to go in and get our carry oot

Once or twice they took our money and disappeared into the pub [emoji2][emoji2] never to be seen again
Aye, sorry about that. :whistle

9 minutes ago, guinness said:

Clear or dark?

I worked in the Tail of the Bank for many years a long time ago and 'clear or dark' reminded me of being taken to Sutherland's in Port Glasgow and the Argyll and Sutherland near the West Station in Greenock as a 'cultural experience' for a young lad from Paisley.

So, after all the experimenting throughout my younger years, and quite a few bouts of vomiting, I've narrowed ny current drink down to vodka/blackcurrant & diet pepsi.

There's an array of cocktails that, depending where I am, that I will sample but the vast majority of time is vodka.

In the summer weather maybe a couple, no more, bottles of lager, and that's it.

No more sickness, took me a while to get to this stage. 

• 1 year later...

From my youth - pernod & blackcurrant, vodka &orange, a quarter bottle or vodka and a bottle of fizzy orange. 

From parents/guardians and mates parents booze supply- martini, gin and whatever had the most in the bottle. 

On 3/27/2022 at 5:23 PM, faraway saint said:

So, after all the experimenting throughout my younger years, and quite a few bouts of vomiting, I've narrowed ny current drink down to vodka/blackcurrant & diet pepsi.

There's an array of cocktails that, depending where I am, that I will sample but the vast majority of time is vodka.

In the summer weather maybe a couple, no more, bottles of lager, and that's it.

No more sickness, took me a while to get to this stage. 

Here @Tommy, take your time reading this. 🤣

9 hours ago, munoz said:

From my youth - pernod & blackcurrant, vodka &orange, a quarter bottle or vodka and a bottle of fizzy orange. 

From parents/guardians and mates parents booze supply- martini, gin and whatever had the most in the bottle. 

I was "ill" with that a few times.

I must have had one of them 24 hour bugs you hear about. 😉