Jump to content

The Tennents Sixes


Recommended Posts

What a thrilling tournament it was a few decades ago. 

Great to watch and a fantastic atmosphere , would love it to return.

Anyway , what would your all time favourite St Mirren six a side team be ?

You can choose any player from from any era.

Go for it.

Mine would be ..........

Campbell Money

Alex Beckett

Victor Munoz

Billy Davies

Frank McAvennie

Lewis Morgan.

Beat that

Edited to add a Manager  -  Tom Hendrie

 

Edited by Forrest
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Sidmirren said:

Toxic Titch from Arbroath trolling a new topic in superfast time.

Doubt he knows one saints player from the past , never mind six.

Strange behaviour by an adult. Who would be in your six?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sidmirren said:

Toxic Titch from Arbroath trolling a new topic in superfast time.

Doubt he knows one saints player from the past , never mind six.

I’m impressed by that post of his.  Possibly his first ever to NOT contain a flurry of commas.
(I’m not counting his myriad solo emoticon posts.)

Further kudos to fartaway for actually using the word,  ‘coma’ and not being lured into - comma.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

I’m impressed by that post of his.  Possibly his first ever to NOT contain a flurry of commas.
(I’m not counting his myriad solo emoticon posts.)

Further kudos to fartaway for actually using the word,  ‘coma’ and not being lured into - comma.

 

Are we seeing signs of improvement? Might he yet join the English speaking world? I assume that English is his second language.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sidmirren said:

Ludo Roy, Tommy Wilson, Peter Godfrey, Tony Fitzpatrick, Frank McDougall and Frank McGarvey.  Manager would be Jack Ross.

Not a bad pick. I pondered over Putting the two Franks in and Tony is worth a shout. Good goalkeeper too and two decent defenders in Tommy Wilson and big Basil.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Chris Smith 

Josh Heaton 

Cole Kpekawa 

Kevin twaddle 

Moussa  Dagnogo 

Junior Morais 

 

An (un)inspired choice

Edited by Rascal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mind watching Saints play in the Paisley Ice Rink at the five a side Tournament or was it the Kelvin Hall. Just a wee boy, not a great memory. Although, I do remember seeing the Wrestling at Paisley Ice Rink, the legend Mick McManus being part of it.

Enough of that, my preferred all time six a side team would be.

DANNY STEVENSON

WILLIE FULTON

GORDON MCQUEEN

TONY FITZPATRICK

 BOBBY MCKEAN

DOUGIE SOMNER.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, shull said:

I mind watching Saints play in the Paisley Ice Rink at the five a side Tournament or was it the Kelvin Hall. Just a wee boy, not a great memory. Although, I do remember seeing the Wrestling at Paisley Ice Rink, the legend Mick McManus being part of it.

Enough of that, my preferred all time six a side team would be.

DANNY STEVENSON

WILLIE FULTON

GORDON MCQUEEN

TONY FITZPATRICK

 BOBBY MCKEAN

DOUGIE SOMNER.

 

DANNY LENNON AS MANAGER

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...