Resurrected Clubs

Rascal

Lots of debate on this across the forum with the Govan Team cropping up most often. Airdrie, Clydebank and possibly Gretna might fall into this category. The SFA seem to treat the holding of a “licence” to be key. In the case of our Govan Friends this was, I believe, something that could be passed on to new owners despite the insolvency of the previous company which held the licence. Am I right in thinking that this also happened with Airdrie and Clydebank? 

Lots of debate on this across the forum with the Govan Team cropping up most often. Airdrie, Clydebank and possibly Gretna might fall into this category. The SFA seem to treat the holding of a “licence” to be key. In the case of our Govan Friends this was, I believe, something that could be passed on to new owners despite the insolvency of the previous company which held the licence. Am I right in thinking that this also happened with Airdrie and Clydebank? 
No.

15 minutes ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, Rascal said:

No.

Thanks. Had a look. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airdrieonians_F.C.  Interesting reading.

4 hours ago, antrin said:

Impoverished site you’re directing us to.

though mildly interesting as a starter for 1.

the link for the deid club that played at Ibrox takes you to pages that give a slightly more accurate idea of the reality than that page you posted.

I was amazed that there were so many clubs that have been founded as Phoenix Clubs. Strangely, the Govan one is not listed in the table alongside other Scottish clubs. I think perhaps suggesting that this was unique in its own way. Some of the sites give far more detail on that one. I was in Moscow doing some work when the Ibrox story broke. One of the guys I met was both a referee and an author of books on football in Europe. He was fascinated by the happenings and asked me to send him local coverage of the story as it unfolded.