Mark Yardley - A St Mirren Legend

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1995&GameID=199509230

It seems like only yesterday that we were sitting in the Main Stand at Firhill witnessing Big Yards score his first goal for us with a cracking header against Hamilton Academical.

There was plenty more goals after that. All treasured.

On 3/28/2022 at 3:59 AM, shull said:

It seems like only yesterday that we were sitting in the Main Stand at Firhill witnessing Big Yards score his first goal for us with a cracking header against Hamilton Academical.

That was the day that Paul Macintyre got red carded because of that cheating wee cnut Hartley. Never forgiven him for that. Finished 2-2 IIRC, but I could be wrong since I'm auld and it was a good few years ago.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

That was the day that Paul Macintyre got red carded because of that cheating wee cnut Hartley. Never forgiven him for that. Finished 2-2 IIRC, but I could be wrong since I'm auld and it was a good few years ago.

Did he  not score in the first minute? I remember sitting and saying he'll do.

Edited by guinness

You cannot take away his exploits during our first division campaign 1999-2000,

but he was honking after that, sad memories of him being too heavy and struggling

to pass fitness tests in the SPL.  But yes a legend of the aforementioned First Division

Championship season.

My first sight of Yards was in a 3-1 midweek away win against Airdrie at Broadwood. He scored 2 goals that night. Other scorer was wee Bubbles god rest his soul.

That was a successful week back in the homeland for me as I followed that up with a trip to Dens the following Saturday, to see us beat Dundee 2-1 thanks to an absolute stoater from Jamie Fullarton and a late winner from James McMillan after he charged down the Dundee keeper’s clearance. 

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

My first sight of Yards was in a 3-1 midweek away win against Airdrie at Broadwood. He scored 2 goals that night. Other scorer was wee Bubbles god rest his soul.

That was a successful week back in the homeland for me as I followed that up with a trip to Dens the following Saturday, to see us beat Dundee 2-1 thanks to an absolute stoater from Jamie Fullarton and a late winner from James McMillan after he charged down the Dundee keeper’s clearance. 

Johnny McMillan. Remember it well sitting up in the corner of the main stand at Dens. Think that was maybe the game that Campbell Money had to wear a Dundee goalie kit for some reason. 

9 hours ago, Maboza said:

Johnny McMillan. Remember it well sitting up in the corner of the main stand at Dens. Think that was maybe the game that Campbell Money had to wear a Dundee goalie kit for some reason. 

John of course. Where the feck did I get James from?

Yes that was the game. You may also remember that Chic Charnley got hilarious pelters from the Saints fans. He had equalised with a free kick and was giving it big licks to our support. At the end he had to walk to the tunnel which is where all the Saints fans were gathered. Talk about heid doon. 🤣

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2