Ex St Mirren Players still Playing in SPL

We know that a lot of player movement takes place but Saints seem to have provided a number of players to other teams in Scotland. Hibs have 3 and Dundee have 3.  Aberdeen look like they might have 2 come the summer. Any others in our top league? 

Off the top of my head only the Old Firm, Aberdeen, Motherwell and County don't have any ex Saints in their squads.

You've already mentioned Hibs and Dundee:

St Johnstone MacPherson

Dundee Utd Liam Smith

Livingston Sean Kelly

Hearts Ross Stewart

Probably missed a few too.

We know that a lot of player movement takes place but Saints seem to have provided a number of players to other teams in Scotland. Hibs have 3 and Dundee have 3.  Aberdeen look like they might have 2 come the summer. Any others in our top league? 
Hibs have 4 (McGinn, McGregor, Magennis, Doyle-Hayes), as do Dundee if you include Adam who was on loan from the deid club (Mullen, McMullan, McGowan, Adam).

2 hours ago, Slarti said:
14 hours ago, Rascal said:

Hibs have 4 (McGinn, McGregor, Magennis, Doyle-Hayes), as do Dundee if you include Adam who was on loan from the deid club (Mullen, McMullan, McGowan, Adam).

Thanks Slarti. Had forgotten both Magennis and Adam. Any at other clubs in the Scottish Premier League at the moment?

Edited by Rascal

6 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Looking ahead to next season we could have a whole eleven playing with other clubs in the top league.. That surely has to be unusual other than for Celtic and Rangers? Or am I wrong and it is commonplace?

Three ways to look at this. Either, collectively we have an eye for talent and they move on to bigger clubs, or, we are sh!te at holding on to players of worth, or, Both. I know which side of the fence I'm standing.

40 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Three ways to look at this. Either, collectively we have an eye for talent and they move on to bigger clubs, or, we are sh!te at holding on to players of worth, or, Both. I know which side of the fence I'm standing.

Post Bosman makes it easier for players to move on. The fact that they are still playing in the top league after moving on shows that they were in demand. Being able to move them on during their contract and getting in some money in return would be good. 

5 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Add in John McGinn and Kenny McLean and we would have some team. Nudge down a league and there is Naismith at Killie and Broadfoot at Inverness Cally.  Whilst in England and abroad we can add even more.

Then find out who made real money from the transfers down south.

5 hours ago, Rascal said:

Add in John McGinn and Kenny McLean and we would have some team. Nudge down a league and there is Naismith at Killie and Broadfoot at Inverness Cally.  Whilst in England and abroad we can add even more.

Killie also have Brad Lyons Steven McGinn and Callum Waters And is Lee Hodson still at Accies?

Edited by Danny

40 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Would they be in your St Mirren team? (John McGinn and Kenny McLean apart)?

In case anyone didn’t understand the question. Would any of the players mentioned get into a Saint Mirren team . Naturally this is addressed to forum readers. Hope that helps. Jings. Otherwise I would be talking to myself and only one person on here constantly posts then answers and then posts. Still… it’s all fun.