Is "fan ownership" killing our club

• giving a veto to a body that wants to use our club to further their own ends when they didn't need to
  • appointing a pensioner chairman who seems split between SMFC and his brass band, with no football experience and at least one question mark over his previous conduct
  • long-standing employees punted in favour of Kibble employees and trainees
  • ticketing problems
  • merchandising problems
  • deteriorating catering standards
  • Paying compensation for and appointing a manager who seems hell bent on pissing off the entire dressing room
  • car parking at the ground is free when it used to be an earning stream
  • contractors appointed to redevelop Ralston who are reputedly not up to the job
  • no word on developing the off-field earnings opportunities that the stadium represents
  • attendances down

SMISA stand accused of the above and doubtless more screw-ups, it is not their club but the small number of members seem to be able to dictate on strategic decisions which are dragging us down a path we should not be anywhere near.  Letting Kibble in to dictate, by dint of their veto, for the sake of saving a few months on the path to SMISA (not fan) ownership was a scandalous decision by an apathetic membership.

It will be interesting, and probably very sad, to see the end point of our SMISA-Kibble journey.  Our "fan" ownership adventure is looking more like that of Dundee than Hearts

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:
  • giving a veto to a body that wants to use our club to further their own ends when they didn't need to
  • appointing a pensioner chairman who seems split between SMFC and his brass band, with no football experience and at least one question mark over his previous conduct
  • long-standing employees punted in favour of Kibble employees and trainees
  • ticketing problems
  • merchandising problems
  • deteriorating catering standards
  • Paying compensation for and appointing a manager who seems hell bent on pissing off the entire dressing room
  • car parking at the ground is free when it used to be an earning stream
  • contractors appointed to redevelop Ralston who are reputedly not up to the job
  • no word on developing the off-field earnings opportunities that the stadium represents
  • attendances down

SMISA stand accused of the above and doubtless more screw-ups, it is not their club but the small number of members seem to be able to dictate on strategic decisions which are dragging us down a path we should not be anywhere near.  Letting Kibble in to dictate, by dint of their veto, for the sake of saving a few months on the path to SMISA (not fan) ownership was a scandalous decision by an apathetic membership.

It will be interesting, and probably very sad, to see the end point of our SMISA-Kibble journey.  Our "fan" ownership adventure is looking more like that of Dundee than Hearts

Valid questions IMO. But…You seem not to be asking questions. The post reads like a charge sheet with judgment included. I get that the Ownership Structure is still a source of contention. Fan ownership is what we have and we also have Kibble involved. These are facts.  This leads on to the Chair and Board and voting structure. It is what it is and isn’t going to change any time soon. I think the present Chair should have resigned but he hasn’t. You move on to the running of the club. My guess is that when ownership changes then other changes follow- usually management and staff and guess what - we have had changes of management and staff. These things are seldom achieved without friction. Then move on to services and development. Covid hasn’t helped with revenues down. Ralston-pass. Parking - I presently pay for parking as does one of my sons. Ticketing is a mess at most clubs just now (and yes it is far from easy with SM). I stood in the queue in Dundee and heard home fans being told that you couldn’t buy a ticket if they hadn’t bought one before and we’re on their system. Madness. New CEO ..Needed. Additional revenue streams. Part of their responsibilities I would guess. New Manager. Too soon to judge IMO

6 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Valid questions IMO. But…You seem not to be asking questions. The post reads like a charge sheet with judgment included. I get that the Ownership Structure is still a source of contention. Fan ownership is what we have and we also have Kibble involved. These are facts.  This leads on to the Chair and Board and voting structure. It is what it is and isn’t going to change any time soon. I think the present Chair should have resigned but he hasn’t. You move on to the running of the club. My guess is that when ownership changes then other changes follow- usually management and staff and guess what - we have had changes of management and staff. These things are seldom achieved without friction. Then move on to services and development. Covid hasn’t helped with revenues down. Ralston-pass. Parking - I presently pay for parking as does one of my sons. Ticketing is a mess at most clubs just now (and yes it is far from easy with SM). I stood in the queue in Dundee and heard home fans being told that you couldn’t buy a ticket if they hadn’t bought one before and we’re on their system. Madness. New CEO ..Needed. Additional revenue streams. Part of their responsibilities I would guess. New Manager. Too soon to judge IMO

Stewrds couldnt be arsed to take payment on the last two occassions that i attended within the last 6 or so weeks

19 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Stewrds couldnt be arsed to take payment on the last two occassions that i attended within the last 6 or so weeks

Ticketing is genuinely in a mess across Scotland, not just at our club. I am told that the big two wouldn’t agree to a common ticketing platform to be shared by all.

48 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I dont drink

It still daytime, but thanks for regurgitating a five year old catch phrase

I’d recommend not starting as it would appear you got a five year old to write that original post.

You have made a number of false accusations against SMiSA as many of those decisions were made by a senior club employee (no longer at the club) and the Kibble supplied Operations Manager.

I think you will find that SMiSA own 51% of St Mirren. That’s something we will hopefully see as long as the club exists.

Interestingly you don’t seem to offer up any alternative or suggest how to improve the situation.

1 minute ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I’d recommend not starting as it would appear you got a five year old to write that original post.

You have made a number of false accusations against SMiSA as many of those decisions were made by a senior club employee (no longer at the club) and the Kibble supplied Operations Manager.

I think you will find that SMiSA own 51% of St Mirren. That’s something we will hopefully see as long as the club exists.

Interestingly you don’t seem to offer up any alternative or suggest how to improve the situation.

Why are you getting so personal? disagree all you want but keep your insults to yourself.

As you pointed out, SMISA own 51% of the club, therefor they are responsible for how it is run and need to take it on the chin for their actions and inactions.  They should be trying to get the funds together to buy-out kibble instead of supporting this structure.

maybe if SMISA open up their structure to include non-members as registered stakeholders then that might encourage more people to join and lead to change. 

As things stand just now, it's all just too cosy for the people involved to want a change>  Nothing can really change until the SMISA "leadrship" accept their mistakes and start working on getting proper control of the club

49 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Why are you getting so personal? disagree all you want but keep your insults to yourself.

As you pointed out, SMISA own 51% of the club, therefor they are responsible for how it is run and need to take it on the chin for their actions and inactions.  They should be trying to get the funds together to buy-out kibble instead of supporting this structure.

maybe if SMISA open up their structure to include non-members as registered stakeholders then that might encourage more people to join and lead to change. 

As things stand just now, it's all just too cosy for the people involved to want a change>  Nothing can really change until the SMISA "leadrship" accept their mistakes and start working on getting proper control of the club

It is very affordable to join SMiSA if you want to make change. You can join for £5 a month. It is a large body covering a significant part of our adult fan base. 

Edited by SuperSaints1877

@beyond our ken please accept my apologies if I upset you by what I said previously.

I guess I’m still fcuking raging over the way our manager has destroyed the feel good factor round the club since he joined the club.

This team got to two semi finals last year and just missed out on top 6. To say they are not good enough and surplus to requirements while you still need them to perform on the pitch is lunacy.

Once again I’m sorry. 

Glad to see let's blame Tony is still the default. If it was Tonys fault then why did 1 person have that amount of responsibility without any help?

Was the professional GM not meant to be responsible for most of day to day running of the club with the CEO overseeing it?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, beyond our ken said:
  • giving a veto to a body that wants to use our club to further their own ends when they didn't need to Red herring, the veto only covers such things as changing the colour of the strips and astro pitches. 
  • appointing a pensioner chairman who seems split between SMFC and his brass band, with no football experience and at least one question mark over his previous conduct Eh? 
  • long-standing employees punted in favour of Kibble employees and trainees Operational change was literally the selling point of the Kibble partnership 
  • ticketing problems Resolved 
  • merchandising problems Resolved
  • deteriorating catering standards Debatable 
  • Paying compensation for and appointing a manager who seems hell bent on pissing off the entire dressing room Hindsight is a wonderful thing 
  • car parking at the ground is free when it used to be an earning stream Small commercial decision, hardly relevant to "killing our club" 
  • contractors appointed to redevelop Ralston who are reputedly not up to the job Ralston's rating has improved under fan ownership 
  • no word on developing the off-field earnings opportunities that the stadium represents We have had several communications and opportunities to question the board 
  • attendances down Linked to performance, happens with practically every club and happened at St Mirren before fan ownership. 

SMISA stand accused of the above and doubtless more screw-ups, it is not their club but the small number of members seem to be able to dictate on strategic decisions which are dragging us down a path we should not be anywhere near.  Letting Kibble in to dictate, by dint of their veto, for the sake of saving a few months on the path to SMISA (not fan) ownership was a scandalous decision by an apathetic membership. Nonsense and baseless. 

Edited by bazil85

17 hours ago, Rascal said:

When new CEO takes over it will be time to reduce the size of the board ,remove the hangers on like Wardrop (how did he ever become a Smisa representative?) and come up with a blueprint  that is a longterm strategy  for the football club.

He  will also address  the items noted previously  ,and we will have a better functioning  club led by us ,the supporters 

Was listening to Off the Ball Saturday before last.  Tony Fitz was the guest and wee Chic was standing in for Cowan.  Chic and Cosgrove were trying to get TF to say who was replacing him. Chic then did his usual and said he had been told it was between 2, and 1 of them would raise a few eyebrows. Hopefully get it sorted soon.

11 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

When new CEO takes over it will be time to reduce the size of the board ,remove the hangers on like Wardrop (how did he ever become a Smisa representative?) and come up with a blueprint  that is a longterm strategy  for the football club.

He  will also address  the items noted previously  ,and we will have a better functioning  club led by us ,the supporters 

Only if Kibble approve

17 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

I don’t want to mention any individuals other than the chairman and have made my thoughts clear on that before. The CEO will have responsibility for putting into effect the agreed strategy and business plan but will have no input on the composition of the board. That is for the owners and board to agree.

Edited by Rascal

2 hours ago, Langbank said:

Was listening to Off the Ball Saturday before last.  Tony Fitz was the guest and wee Chic was standing in for Cowan.  Chic and Cosgrove were trying to get TF to say who was replacing him. Chic then did his usual and said he had been told it was between 2, and 1 of them would raise a few eyebrows. Hopefully get it sorted soon.

Leeanne Dempster is one of the favourites to take over from Tony. I would be happy with that although I would prefer that Brian Caldwell made a return.