VAR Ballot For and Against

Rascal

I wish SMiSA members had been asked to submit votes on the introduction of this technology. 

Personally I’m against it. 

I’d like to see goal line technology introduced first followed by professional referees. I would like to see those referees miked up to the stadium PA to explain certain decisions or being interviewed after games to explain decisions.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I wish SMiSA members had been asked to submit votes on the introduction of this technology. 

I’d like to see goal line technology introduced first followed by professional referees. I would like to see those referees miked up to the stadium PA to explain certain decisions or being interviewed after games to explain decisions.

Professional referees is up to the clubs. If they want to pay for it they'll have it, 'twas ever thus.

I am all for VAR incidentally. 

On 4/7/2022 at 2:41 PM, SuperSaints1877 said:

I am for it but , in the absence of big screen replays in the ground, the referees should be miked up.

The latest news is that the cost will be tapered according to league position to help with affordability. Two steps forward for Scottish Football in one. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-premiership-var-costs-revealed-26686640.amp

Edited by Rascal

A cast-iron case for VAR has been made tonight at Ibrox.

Rangers have had 3 "goals" disallowed by VAR checks. 

With no VAR to check for 'errors', can you imagine a Scottish referee disallowing 3 Rangers goals at Ibrox in an SPFL league game ? Not a snowball's chance. 

The Rangers/Celtic biased SFA referees would have nowhere to hide if Big Brother VAR was watching them.