Cost of Living

faraway saint

Add in the 10% hike in NI and even so called middle classes will be on the edge. This tory government have made conscious choices to force ordinary people into poverty to protect their friends. Don't let them kid you there was no choice. Yes. There would always be a squeeze but there were ways to alleviate a lot of that hurt.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Add in the 10% hike in NI and even so called middle classes will be on the edge. This tory government have made conscious choices to force ordinary people into poverty to protect their friends. Don't let them kid you there was no choice. Yes. There would always be a squeeze but there were ways to alleviate a lot of that hurt.

:snore

10%?

1,25% isn't 10%. 

Don't you support the NHS?

What is the tax increase for?

The original 1.25 percentage point increase in NI was supposed to raise £12bn a year. Increasing the point at which people start paying it, will cost more than half of this.

Initially, the extra money will go towards easing pressure on the NHS .

Gave up reading, usual Tory bashing. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:snore

10%?

1,25% isn't 10%. 

Don't you support the NHS?

What is the tax increase for?

The original 1.25 percentage point increase in NI was supposed to raise £12bn a year. Increasing the point at which people start paying it, will cost more than half of this.

Initially, the extra money will go towards easing pressure on the NHS .

Gave up reading, usual Tory bashing. 

If I have to explain this then you really need a maths lesson.

But you are correct. Technically it's MORE than 10%

Edited by stlucifer

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

If I have to explain this then you really need a maths klesson.

You're obsession and hatred is embarrassing, but here's something for you to consider...........................

While the highest earners will pay the most, it will be felt across the economy.

But things will change in July.

In fact, the impact of the higher threshold will actually take around two million lower earners out of the direct tax altogether.

Everyone earning under £32,000 a year will be better off - with one change cancelling out the other.

The aim of the national insurance tax rise was to help fund the health and social care levy, providing more money for a strapped NHS.

Sorry FS , wrong on this one.

The base rate for N.I. Contributions is 12%  if it increase BY 1.25% this is actually an overall increase of over 10% . 

The increase in threshold in July does not alter one bit that the rate has increased by over 10% it simply takes out those who earn less than £35k 

I don’t understand why we didn’t simply use the £350 Million a week promised by Boris et al to fund the Extra NHS spending .🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

You're obsession and hatred is embarrassing, but here's something for you to consider...........................

While the highest earners will pay the most, it will be felt across the economy.

But things will change in July.

In fact, the impact of the higher threshold will actually take around two million lower earners out of the direct tax altogether.

Everyone earning under £32,000 a year will be better off - with one change cancelling out the other.

The aim of the national insurance tax rise was to help fund the health and social care levy, providing more money for a strapped NHS.

As it stands:

• 13.8% on the £184.01 A WEEK
  • 2% (£0.66) on the remaining earnings above £967

Are you really telling me that this is a fair way to run a society? As for the NHS. This money will go to private contractors who rip the p!sh out of the NHS.

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The base rate for N.I. Contributions is 12%  if it increase BY 1.25% this is actually an overall increase of over 10% . 

The increase in threshold in July does not alter one bit that the rate has increased by over 10% it simply takes out those who earn less than £35k 

I don’t understand why we didn’t simply use the £350 Million a week promised by Boris et al to fund the Extra NHS spending .🤷‍♂️

Aye, while you can use this method the reality means..............see below.

@stlucifer is only concerned with Boris bashing, anyone who didn't expect a rise after the cost of Covid is not in touch with reality and blaming the government is utterly ridiculous. 

image.thumb.png.a0e3714e91f99524e2007f378731b188.png

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

As it stands:

• 13.8% on the £184.01 A WEEK
  • 2% (£0.66) on the remaining earnings above £967

Are you really telling me that this is a fair way to run a society? As for the NHS. This money will go to private contractors who rip the p!sh out of the NHS.

You have proof of this?  :wacko:

Awat and bile yer heid. 

8 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

It's an increase of 10% on tax but NOT an increase of 10% on taxation.

Manipulation of the figures, not really clever. 

Just now, stlucifer said:

If you look at a qwerty keyboard you'll notice the "k" and the"l" are next to each other. Big fingers small keyboard. But, hey ho, if that's what you want to descend to, fill yer boots.

I know, it's an easy mistake to make.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You have proof of this?  :wacko:

Awat and bile yer heid. 

See. :lol:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, while you can use this method the reality means..............see below.

@stlucifer is only concerned with Boris bashing, anyone who didn't expect a rise after the cost of Covid is not in touch with reality and blaming the government is utterly ridiculous. 

image.thumb.png.a0e3714e91f99524e2007f378731b188.png

Yes , but those are nett figures for when the threshold is raised in July .
It’s simply a case of increasing it for everybody by 10% then giving the lower earners a kick back in the raised threshold ( which I have no issue with BTW, but the fact is - it did rise by 10% or slightly over to be correct .

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

If you look at a qwerty keyboard you'll notice the "k" and the"l" are next to each other. Big fingers small keyboard. But, hey ho, if that's what you want to descend to, fill yer boots.

You have made umpteen feck up's recently, wrong thread, etc. :lol:

It's ok, your limitations are becoming more apparent by the week, keep it up. :byebye

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

It's an increase of 10% on tax but NOT an increase of 10% on taxation.

Manipulation of the figures, not really clever. 

It's not actually. It's an increase of more than 10% of NI. It's not close to 10% of overall taxation.

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yes , but those are nett figures for when the threshold is raised in July .
It’s simply a case of increasing it for everybody by 10% then giving the lower earners a kick back in the raised threshold ( which I have no issue with BTW, but the fact is - it did rise by 10% or slightly over to be correct .

Fair point. :happyclapper

Just now, faraway saint said:

Fair point. :happyclapper

I’m just Grumpy coz I’m gonna get stiffed again .

1. My N.I. Contributions will rise.

2. Yet again ,I’m getting stiffed for tax even more for having a company car & for driving a diesel !!

3. what’s the f**king point of PAYE if every year they tell me I’ve not paid enough tax and I start the year owing them ?

I thought the Tories were the party of low taxation ?

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’m just Grumpy coz I’m gonna get stiffed again .

1. My N.I. Contributions will rise.

2. Yet again ,I’m getting stiffed for tax even more for having a company car & for driving a diesel !!

3. what’s the f**king point of PAYE if every year they tell me I’ve not paid enough tax and I start the year owing them ?

I thought the Tories were the party of low taxation ?

Shut up ya high flying over paid fanny. :lol:

31 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

If I have to explain this then you really need a maths lesson.

But you are correct. Technically it's MORE than 10%

Nothing wrong with your arithmetic, other than that you deliberately erred on the low side. What we have is a continuation of austerity. Decisions could have been made to alleviate the burden on the poor and the elderly. Don’t forget that the government also abandoned the triple lock for pensioners. Our tax system is not as progressive as others, Meanwhile the government persists with policies which favour a low wage economy. Doesn’t make sense…unless you favour large companies.

just a thought. What would happen if collectively people decided not to pay the power bills in full? Just asking.

Edited by Rascal

3 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Nothing wrong with your arithmetic, other than that you deliberately erred on the low side. What we have is a continuation of austerity. Decisions could have been made to alleviate the burden on the poor and the elderly. Don’t forget that the government also abandoned the triple lock for pensioners. Our tax system is not as progressive as others,

just a thought. What would happen if collectively people decided not to pay the power bills in full? Just asking.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/609243