Cost of Living

faraway saint

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Latest inflation figure is 7%, not great news. :(

When mentioning the things that have contributed to the inflation figure they mention shoes? :wacko:

Yes it calculates a "basket of goods" one item is clothes and foot wear. 

Think of a family with young kids new shoes aren't a luxury but a must at the rate they grow. 

Just now, exiledfan said:

Yes it calculates a "basket of goods" one item is clothes and foot wear. 

Think of a family with young kids new shoes aren't a luxury but a must at the rate they grow. 

Think of a family of adults, not buying shoes on a regular basis. 

Anyhow, no matter, still a difficult time for lots of people. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 9:27 AM, Scott-Leeds said:

If you hover near the till in Waitrose after getting your shopping you may find someone offering to pay for it emoji2.png

It’s been done and more than once by my sons. They appreciate what they have and have taken opportunities to help others. I’ve known them to pay for a taxi to take people home when they were scrabbling for the money themselves. Something wrong with that in your mind?  Something wrong with being proud of your kids for putting others before themselves? I don’t think so. 

5 minutes ago, Rascal said:

It’s been done and more than once by my sons. They appreciate what they have and have taken opportunities to help others. I’ve known them to pay for a taxi to take people home when they were scrabbling for the money themselves. Something wrong with that in your mind?  Something wrong with being proud of your kids for putting others before themselves? I don’t think so. 

Nobody is likely to have an issue with anyone doing a good turn, what sticks in peoples throats is you bumming about it, ya auld blawhard. :thumbsdown

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Nobody is likely to have an issue with anyone doing a good turn, what sticks in peoples throats is you bumming about it, ya auld blawhard. :thumbsdown

Gee whiz. Bumming lol No. Just qualities that I admire in them. It must be a Stirling thing though. The best shop for acts of kindness in Stirling is actually in Lidl. I have seldom been in there and not seen people helping each other even if it is just offering to let them go before them or helping them load their shopping onto the beltway or yes, adding the others shopping to their bill and I’m not talking family here.

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

When is April not in April?

When you've got that much money that your spouse doesn't declare it for tax reasons.

BBC News - Chancellor breaks pledge on energy bills
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61270840

Even more interesting is Jacob Rees-Mogg apparently saying that it was good news that the government were postponing post Brexit checks which will save £1billion and so help with the cost of living crisis. It would be difficult to make this stuff up.

Gee whiz. Bumming lol No. Just qualities that I admire in them. It must be a Stirling thing though. The best shop for acts of kindness in Stirling is actually in Lidl. I have seldom been in there and not seen people helping each other even if it is just offering to let them go before them or helping them load their shopping onto the beltway or yes, adding the others shopping to their bill and I’m not talking family here.

Do you NOT actually read what you write. [emoji1787]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...