After Split Fixtures

2 hours ago, W6er said:

This forum badly needs a moderator or two. Most folk don't want to read these petty quarrels, there should be a separate sub-forum for them. But, FWIW, you don't 'win' arguments on here, you just make yourself look like a walloper - aimed at nobody in particular, btw. 

I presume the fixtures will be published imminently. I would imagine the SPFL would want St. Johnstone v Dundee last, in case it's a decisive fixture. Alternatively, we might play the Fakes on the same day, for the same reason. 

The most interesting bottom six for a while. 5 teams playing to avoid second last place. Competitive, as it should be.

Looking at the table, only the top 3 teams in the league have positive goal differences. The rest are negative. That surely is unusual? Ours is better than St Johnston and Dundee so theoretically worth a point in the event of a tie.

2 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Looking at the table, only the top 3 teams in the league have positive goal differences. The rest are negative. That surely is unusual? Ours is better than St Johnston and Dundee so theoretically worth a point in the event of a tie.

I would suggest that if we "tie" with these teams on points we would have conceded a few more goals than them, thus negating the slight, 3 goals over St Johnstone, advantage we currently hold. :1eye

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I would suggest that if we "tie" with these teams on points we would have conceded a few more goals than them, thus negating the slight, 3 goals over St Johnstone, advantage we currently hold. :1eye

All conjecture at this point. Another 4  points could be enough to leave Dundee behind. Another 9 could see off St Johnstone. Present form doesn’t inspire confidence but overall we have lost fewer games than any of the teams in the bottom six.

Will be a few of us biting our nails waiting on the split fixtures coming out,  I really don't see us winning any of the 5 games the we way are playing, reckon we will have to hope the other teams take care of St Johnstone to stop them getting the 6 to 8 points they'll need to catch us. 

Worse case scenario for me is that we get them first game...  lose it were going to the playoff for sure we already look like a team that's imploded and have little to offer 

34 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
At the risk of getting this thread back on topic, anyone know when the fixtures are announced?

Read somewhere it would be after the semi finals had been played.

Surely from a planning and resourcing point at the club's it should be sooner than later.  

Surely from a planning and resourcing point at the club's it should be sooner than later.  
Looks like what I read was a load of [emoji90]

https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-08-apr-22

The post-split fixture list will then be announced during a two-week break in cinch Premiership matches for the Scottish Cup semi-finals, with fixture round 34 taking place on
the weekend of 23/24 April.

“Clearly, given there are so many different permutations going into the weekend, this may result in a slight delay to the publication of the post-split fixtures. We will be working hard on these and will make an announcement as soon as possible next week.

Laughable that because they assume the positions before season starts that due to the fact "2 big hitters Aberdeen and Hibs" finish bottom 6 that it takes Kevin the student at the Spfl offices a full week to process the fixtures.

Not read the full thread but in case it's not been posted the fixture dates are -
April 23
April 30
May 7
May 11(Midweek fixture)
May 14/15

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Will be a few of us biting our nails waiting on the split fixtures coming out,  I really don't see us winning any of the 5 games the we way are playing, reckon we will have to hope the other teams take care of St Johnstone to stop them getting the 6 to 8 points they'll need to catch us. 

Worse case scenario for me is that we get them first game...  lose it were going to the playoff for sure we already look like a team that's imploded and have little to offer 

This is a really important 5 games for SR personally.  I see us getting 2 wins and a draw (beat Dundee and Livingston. Draw with St Johnston)

Laughable that because they assume the positions before season starts that due to the fact "2 big hitters Aberdeen and Hibs" finish bottom 6 that it takes Kevin the student at the Spfl offices a full week to process the fixtures.

Not read the full thread but in case it's not been posted the fixture dates are -
April 23
April 30
May 7
May 11(Midweek fixture)
May 14/15

[emoji1787]

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Fixtures are out
April 23 Hibs at Home 3PM
April 30 St Johnstone Away 3PM
May 7 Dundee Home 3PM
May 11 Livingston Home 7.45
May 15 Aberdeen Away 12.15

I was looking for a thread in the matchday topics. 

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

At the risk of getting this thread back on topic, anyone know when the fixtures are announced?

Just posted by Ronnie . Jim v Stephen in final game shootout

Edited by Rascal

22 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Fixtures are out
April 23 Hibs at Home 3PM
April 30 St Johnstone Away 3PM
May 7 Dundee Home 3PM
May 11 Livingston Home 7.45
May 15 Aberdeen Away 12.15

St Johnstone away, not great, hope we get something against a poor Hibs side, lose that and the pressures really on, especially if St Johnstone get something in their first game.