After Split Fixtures

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Like I said, we'll be watching out for other results as much as ours, the split certainly makes the finish exciting/interesting and we're playing teams equally as crap as us. :wink:

No one is as crap as us the last few games...  that's a fact including Dundee who had good results against Aberdeen and United 

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Which is against Dundee 😬

It’s all bubbling up nicely in the Battle of The Bottom Six. Like TurraBuddue a draw there would do especially if we pick points up against Hibs.

Edited by Rascal

I'd be very surprised if we went to Pittodrie on the last day safe from 11th, there's likely going to be something riding on that game. Would anyone be surprised if it was Jim's Aberdeen who consigned us to the playoffs?

Could be the other way round with us consigning Jim’s Dons to the play offs.
Not likely but it is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember Hibs going into meltdown 1 point from last 5 games and then Accies beating them after being 2 up from first leg.... fact is no one in bottom 6 is on form and its all going to come down to on the day....Dons Hibs on 2022 form should be in the shit but after 4 straight defeats and 3 points out of last 8 games  we also have a claim....in short like our manager...i havent a feckin clue....so changed pic to a manager who does

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

No one is as crap as us the last few games...  that's a fact including Dundee who had good results against Aberdeen and United 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Hibs & Dundee, points wise, are equally as crap, that's a REAL fact. :lol:

What planet you on spaceman  

Last 3 games 

Dundee 2 points goals 5 against 6  two games at home 

Hibee's 1 point     Goals 3  against 7  one game at home 

Mirren   0 points  goals 3  against 10  two games at home 

44 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Remember Hibs going into meltdown 1 point from last 5 games and then Accies beating them after being 2 up from first leg.... fact is no one in bottom 6 is on form and its all going to come down to on the day....Dons Hibs on 2022 form should be in the shit but after 4 straight defeats and 3 points out of last 8 games  we also have a claim....in short like our manager...i havent a feckin clue....so changed pic to a manager who does

The sad truth is DJ that I don’t think any of us has a clue. The boards, managers and fans of all of the clubs, with the possible exception of Dundee are probably all saying “how did we finish up here and what do we do now?” Fascinating if you were an outside observer. Nerve shredding if you are the board, manager , player or fan of any of the bottom six.

8 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

What planet you on spaceman  

Last 3 games 

Dundee 2 points goals 5 against 6  two games at home 

Hibee's 1 point     Goals 3  against 7  one game at home 

Mirren   0 points  goals 3  against 10  two games at home 

Last FIVE games.........................3 teams have 3 points, HIBS, ST MIRREN & DUNDEE, that's a fact. 

image.thumb.png.9ae5ffc025410a2238bc62881c4d7a95.png

13 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Only if we take something from Hibs 

If the beat us next game were in the Tom Tit 

We are anyway, them losing to Dundee means even if they beat us at McDiarmid they are still three points behind with three games to go. We could lose all five games and finish 10th unless St Johnstone get wins from elsewhere. 

It’s absolutely ridiculous we find ourselves worrying about ending up in the play offs after the position we were in when Robinson came in, every pundit and football person is talking about it and saying how every team should want to play us 1st game after the split.

Going by the body language and gutless performances of the players the last few games I honestly fear for us picking up 1 more point, we can’t even do the basics now like track runners or get out to stop crosses coming into the box, the players look half arsed.

The board can’t be happy at all, relegation will cost us an absolute fortune, a lot more than it would to sack the manager.

14 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

It’s absolutely ridiculous we find ourselves worrying about ending up in the play offs after the position we were in when Robinson came in, every pundit and football person is talking about it and saying how every team should want to play us 1st game after the split.

Going by the body language and gutless performances of the players the last few games I honestly fear for us picking up 1 more point, we can’t even do the basics now like track runners or get out to stop crosses coming into the box, the players look half arsed.

The board can’t be happy at all, relegation will cost us an absolute fortune, a lot more than it would to sack the manager.

The board won’t be happy. The manager won’t be happy. The players won’t be happy. The fans clearly aren’t happy. Is the solution to sack the manager? I don’t think so. A time for everyone to hold their nerve and get behind the team and the manager from the first to the last minute. If you haven’t managed along to support the team in person recently then maybe this is a good time to start and give loud vocal backing. No, I am not a happy clapper. I am just a Saint Mirren Fan who thinks that our support has seldom been more needed.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

We are anyway, them losing to Dundee means even if they beat us at McDiarmid they are still three points behind with three games to go. We could lose all five games and finish 10th unless St Johnstone get wins from elsewhere. 

WRONG 

They'll very likely only need one more win from their last 3 games to catch us and drop us in the playoff as long as they don't get battered in the other 2 games and that won't happen with their tails up....  do the Maths TC 

10 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

WRONG 

They'll very likely only need one more win from their last 3 games to catch us and drop us in the playoff as long as they don't get battered in the other 2 games and that won't happen with their tails up....  do the Maths TC 

I would like to think Dundee could beat St J at Dens.Dundee going into game off a good result against Utd and the Fakes going into it off a 7 goal defeat from Sellic.Can’t see their tails being up 

Of course it would help if we could pick up some points too,maybe a draw v Hibs and a draw at Perth would be enough to see us safe?

One thing for sure………there’s never a dull moment supporting SMFC 🏁🏁🏁

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

A time for everyone to hold their nerve and get behind the team and the manager from the first to the last minute.

Sorry but the fans shouting their support for the team and the manager isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference if the players aren't playing for the manager, that would appear to be where our weakness lies at the moment.

5 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Sorry but the fans shouting their support for the team and the manager isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference if the players aren't playing for the manager, that would appear to be where our weakness lies at the moment.

If any player is guilty of downing tools, they can get to. They play for the club and not the manager. 

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

WRONG 

Well yeah wins from elsewhere could mean just one win from elsewhere if they beat us. Doesn't change the fact that them failing to beat dundee next week would be a very, very good result for us.

46 minutes ago, HSS said:

I would like to think Dundee could beat St J at Dens.Dundee going into game off a good result against Utd and the Fakes going into it off a 7 goal defeat from Sellic.Can’t see their tails being up 

Of course it would help if we could pick up some points too,maybe a draw v Hibs and a draw at Perth would be enough to see us safe?

One thing for sure………there’s never a dull moment supporting SMFC 🏁🏁🏁

Yes Dundee could beat St J and that will have St J looking over their shoulder, would be the best case scenario for us if they do....  but that doesn't change our predicament if they beat us the following week and who would bet against that the way we are playing if we get nothing against Hibs,  

The 7-0 won't effect The Saintee's they know Celtic are capable of doing that to anyone right now I'm just glad it wasn't us that had to play them at darkheid can you imagine the score :shutup  7 by halftime 

There's no getting away from the fact that St Johnstone know they can easily beat us McDiarmid Park us as they usually always do 

25 minutes ago, munoz said:

If any player is guilty of downing tools, they can get to. They play for the club and not the manager. 

The problem is that dropping those who already have downed tools will potentially leave us unable to fulfil fixtures.

We might actually be better promoting the Academy players with McManus and Langfield as managers.

48 minutes ago, munoz said:

Agree. Players make great capital about being professional. The club pays their wages. The club expects them to put in the required effort irrespective of who the manager is.