St Mirren v Hibernian 23/4

TopCat

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

As said by another poster. Sean Maloney sacked. Ever more interesting game coming up. Will this help or hinder Hibs.

The difference is that we lost a manager who seemed to have the players playing well for him and they have got rid of a dud who did not seem to be able to motivate or organise their team.

I fear the worst, but then I usually do with Saints......

5 minutes ago, ianmac said:

The difference is that we lost a manager who seemed to have the players playing well for him and they have got rid of a dud who did not seem to be able to motivate or organise their team.

I fear the worst, but then I usually do with Saints......

But hope for the best!

49 minutes ago, pondsman said:

David Gray, Hibee legend, to take charge on Saturday. Might put some fire in their bellies. Hope not!

We won’t win regardless if they get a new manager’s bounce or not.

I’ve got more fire coming out my arse after my Indian last night than the whole of our team at present. 

Just hope Dundee win on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

I’ve got more fire coming out my arse after my Indian last night than the whole of our team at present. 

The beauty of football is that we just don’t know what we are going to get. I do think the Hibs players will be up for it so we need to be, that’s for sure. If not then your scenario  holds water.

12 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Oooohhhhhh can't say that.

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

The beauty of football is that we just don’t know what we are going to get. I do think the Hibs players will be up for it so we need to be, that’s for sure. If not then your scenario  holds water.

I'm not so sure if they will be up for it.  Nothing for them to play for really and not knowing who will be in charge next season whilst being flat from a semi final defeat. 

7 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

I'm not so sure if they will be up for it.  Nothing for them to play for really and not knowing who will be in charge next season whilst being flat from a semi final defeat. 

I hope that you are right!!!

15 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

These ides rarely come to anything, most players will put in a decent shift as every point is worth money, along with professional pride.

More down to what we do as a team. 

If Robinson hasn't sorted things out defensively then we'll lose , simple as that. We are haemorrhaging goals in a way that we haven't done in recent memory. Every team in the run in will fancy some goals against us.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm a wee bit late posting on the sacking of Maloney.

My initial reaction was it's a shocker of a decision.

Looking at the numbers, well, certainly not a sacking set of figures IMO.

Shaun Maloney statistics

Are Hibs the new Watford ? Ross 3rd and good cup runs... 7 games no win panic button...Maloney has some pedigree high profile no window to speak and loses best player..  who next ? Yogi again ? Like Burnley hope they lose all 5 and get relegated.. again

34 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Are Hibs the new Watford ? Ross 3rd and good cup runs... 7 games no win panic button...Maloney has some pedigree high profile no window to speak and loses best player..  who next ? Yogi again ? Like Burnley hope they lose all 5 and get relegated.. again

“Don’t panic Mr Mainwaring!” As someone once said. “Don’t Panic”

Edited by Rascal

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

New Manager bounce about to bounce us into the relegation playoff no doubt :zipit

We have seen this work both ways PS. Sometimes for the team involved and sometimes against. The best I have seen Hibs play was in the cup v Hearts , at least for part of the game. No shame to have lost to a very decent, hard working and well drilled Hearts team who has disposed of us in the previous round. An overreaction to get rid of Maloney. As we have seen , trying to change the style of play without recruiting your own players is far from easy. I don’t fear Hibs but I don’t think it will be easy.

Sacking Maloney now is a shocking decision. It shows that the Hibs board have no idea what their doing and theres no long term decisions being made.

If you hire a rookie manager you implicitly sign up for giving the manager time and need to accept that there will be mistakes. You don't hire a guy to do a job he's never done before then be surprised when he makes mistakes. 

Whether they should have hired a rookie manager in the first place is something else though. 

Edited by LargsBud

On 4/19/2022 at 11:58 PM, LargsBud said:

Sacking Maloney now is a shocking decision. It shows that the Hibs board have no idea what their doing and theres no long term decisions being made.

If you hire a rookie manager you implicitly sign up for giving the manager time and need to accept that there will be mistakes. You don't hire a guy to do a job he's never done before then be surprised when he makes mistakes. 

Whether they should have hired a rookie manager in the first place is something else though. 

We have signed a COP who has never done the job before

On 4/19/2022 at 11:58 PM, LargsBud said:

I dislike the way this has been handled. Hibs just miss out on top six. Hibs just miss out on getting to the cup final. No long term planning.