St Mirren v Hibernian 23/4

TopCat

12 hours ago, Smithers Jones said:

I have seen some strange posts today, but this is just nonsense.

Who played better? Hardly any player got pass marks for me but at least Power was at the races. Working his socks off for the team. Putting in challenges and made some good effective passes. I suppose it's all about opinions when so much poor fair was on show.

We were the poorer of two poor teams. We looked as if we were playing for a draw right from the start, slowing everything down at free kicks, goal kicks and throw-ins. Maybe SR thought 'Get a point here and beat St. Johnstone next week and we're safe'. If so, that was a mistake. Given Hibs' troubles, we should have gone at them from the start. An early goal for us would have demoralised them.

As for our system, we know that 3 at the back doesn't work for us. SR has seen enough games now to realise that, so definitely question marks about him there. Yes, some players were poor but maybe they are just as befuddled as we are about why that system was employed. They certainly looked for long spells as if they weren't sure what they were supposed to be doing.

For those who are being hypercritical, if Tanser's effort had gone in instead of coming back off the bar, would we be being so hard on the players?

As a few have said above, the next two games will decide our season. Time for supporters to get right behind the team and help them get over the line to safety.

As always..... COYS!!

I've seen us play worse but ultimately it was another defeat.Think we are certs for playoffs probably against Caly Thistle wouldn't fancy our chances there or any where for that matter but you know what I don't care no point being in a league that we are more often than not crap in championship will do me just fine .

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

After the game Robinson said there are only 14-15 fit players and a number of others are playing through injuries/ delaying surgery. 

I wouldn't take what he says as truthful since none the players that were on the pitch looked if if they were carrying injuries.

After the game maybe but not before. 

20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I wouldn't take what he says as truthful since none the players that were on the pitch looked if if they were carrying injuries.

After the game maybe but not before. 

We had two players have to go off with injuries during the 90 minutes. Would say there's a decent chance playing them was a risk he took. 

I'm only quoting what he said though, I'm not giving it as an excuse. I would play practically anyone else at the club ahead of Main right now. 

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I've seen us play worse but ultimately it was another defeat.Think we are certs for playoffs probably against Caly Thistle wouldn't fancy our chances there or any where for that matter but you know what I don't care no point being in a league that we are more often than not crap in championship will do me just fine .

Agrred..The sad thing is so many teams with exception of Hearts and County have been inconsistent since Xmas...we also put in a run however it wasnt pretty it was probably overrated it got Goodwin a new job and SR then inherited a shot shy squad no way capable of top 6 in the true sense... look at Well ...shocking team one win this year and its nearly May yet they still easily beat us.... we win usually 10 or 11 games a season to stay up...we won 9 when we last went down mind u only got 3 draws not 12... Goodwin like Ross left us in the shit and on paper SR looked ok.... hindsight is easy...lose next week the BOD must act or i am with Elvis.. we have no chance

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

We had two players have to go off with injuries during the 90 minutes. Would say there's a decent chance playing them was a risk he took. 

I'm only quoting what he said though, I'm not giving it as an excuse. I would play practically anyone else at the club ahead of Main right now. 

I would play Mrs Main before Mr Main  

13 hours ago, bazil85 said:

After the game Robinson said there are only 14-15 fit players and a number of others are playing through injuries/ delaying surgery. 

Mr B. Without funding fault with JG or SR , this could well be true. As I recall it (a dodgy thing to say at my age I admit) JG made the point pre or early season that he was going with a smaller pool than before but of better quality. He also shipped out players on loan. No doubt this helped us work within our budget. To be fair, this took us close to the top six only failing by a small margin.