New COO/CEO

Why hasn't he or she been appointed yet? We knew Tony was retiring in January, in an ideal world his replacement would have been announced before he left and there would have been some overlap to allow for an orderly transition. Not only did that not happen, it's now two weeks since Tony left and the club is going through a vital time both on and off the pitch with this key role being vacant.

Why?

Why hasn't he or she been appointed yet? We knew Tony was retiring in January, in an ideal world his replacement would have been announced before he left and there would have been some overlap to allow for an orderly transition. Not only did that not happen, it's now two weeks since Tony left and the club is going through a vital time both on and off the pitch with this key role being vacant.
Why?
Just a matter of time, tick tock. [emoji1787]

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

A more reasonable answer is that the person is serving a period of notice.

Surely Tony would have been ask to work on if that was the case, until the new person was ready to take his place since this would mean the club at this moment doesn't have a COO/CEO at the club. 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

......... this would mean the club at this moment doesn't have a COO/CEO at the club. 

Unfortunately we have too many COOs in the squad at the moment.

What's happened to the Lasley rumours ? Wasn't he already a shoo-in for the post ?

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Unfortunately we have too many COOs in the squad at the moment.

What's happened to the Lasley rumours ? Wasn't he already a shoo-in for the post ?

Given how the season had went, i don't expect whoever the  new COO/CEO is to make my experience of the season any better. 

19 hours ago, TopCat said:

Why?

It looks like this is now imminent. I agree that it would have been good to have the person in place sooner, maybe even overlapping with Tony for a short period. Never the less it’s good to get someone in before the serious work of rebuilding on and off the park really gets going.

Hopefully he will have been using the last few years to get some education, maybe an MBA or other business degree

If he hasn't got that then i question the wisdom of paying compensation for his services.  I can think of several other people who would have fitted the bill and wouldn't need buying out of their current contracts

did we get compensation from Hearts when Junior joined them

13 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Lasley is completing a degree in Sports Management and has worked with Burrows who is a very successful EO at Motherwell. Better qualifications than his predecessor.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's a Masters in Sports directorship, which has a considerable focus on the business side of managing a club.

Master of Sport Directorship · Manchester Metropolitan University (mmu.ac.uk) is one example.

Since Motherwell were apparently funding his studies, it's extremely likely that he would be learning from Burrows as he progressed through his degree.

Given that Motherwell are a fan owned club, this should also help Lasley to carry out his remit at the club.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

It was McGarvey who had the paper shop on Seedhill road

prior to that his only involvement with paper had been on betting slips

McGarvey sold it to Fitzpatrick

Wheres Tommy when you need him?