New COO/CEO

It's a Masters in Sports directorship, which has a considerable focus on the business side of managing a club.
Master of Sport Directorship · Manchester Metropolitan University (mmu.ac.uk) is one example.
Since Motherwell were apparently funding his studies, it's extremely likely that he would be learning from Burrows as he progressed through his degree.
Given that Motherwell are a fan owned club, this should also help Lasley to carry out his remit at the club.
I stand corrected. He is undertaking that course at Manchester.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

The original statement was “Tony ran his own business”

Tony did not run Compass,he may have been a “Director” but that doesn’t mean he was hands on in the business

1 hour ago, HSS said:

McGarvey sold it to Fitzpatrick

Wheres Tommy when you need him?

Me ?  

Can't remember anything about the shop but he did owned Total Soccer with an other guy for around 5 to 7 years i think. 

Sold out to him and doesn't have anything to do with it now. 

9 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Football  Director yes ,but not running the club 

😳Keith takes on the newly created role following the retirement of Chief Executive Officer Tony Fitzpatrick last month and will be responsible for managing all Club operations as well as assisting the board in setting the overall vision and strategy moving forward.

On 4/14/2022 at 11:47 AM, faraway saint said:

Did he?

What was it? 

Fitzy founded and ran a youth coaching operation in the mid 2000s either just before or just after his role with Livingston. He either set it up after Livi or sold it on to take on the Livi role.

Kan-Do sports management or something along those lines.

On 4/15/2022 at 5:52 PM, Jockmd said:

The club is moving in the right direction with the appointment of someone who is professional and ambitious which has been lacking for a number of years.

Where do you get professional  "degree from ?  he is  study for a Masters ,but has NOT got. that you can only obtain from some outfit online  where you pay £20k for ,and it exists at no other place (not a proper uni)

No experience  of running any business

Where do you get professional  "degree from ?  he is  study for a Masters ,but has NOT got. that you can only obtain from some outfit online  where you pay £20k for ,and it exists at no other place (not a proper uni)
Can we get that in English. [emoji1787]

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

Plenty of people who have worked alongside and learned from individuals who are running a business have gone on to be successful in their profession. Alan Burrows would seem to be an ideal mentor.

Also, the OP didn't mention "professional degree". 

Online studies do deliver "proper" university degrees nowadays. I suspect that assertion is more to do with your inability to recognise how modern life progresses nowadays. Quite a common occurrence in befuddled old tits.

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

I see.

From reading your post, I can tell you're quite the connoisseur and poster child for further education.

Unfortunately though, it appears the further education needed in this case is between the levels of primary and secondary school...

20 hours ago, FTOF said:

Plenty of people who have worked alongside and learned from individuals who are running a business have gone on to be successful in their profession. Alan Burrows would seem to be an ideal mentor.

Also, the OP didn't mention "professional degree". 

Online studies do deliver "proper" university degrees nowadays. I suspect that assertion is more to do with your inability to recognise how modern life progresses nowadays. Quite a common occurrence in befuddled old tits.

It's not a proper  university ,I could get if I gave them 20k