VAR Poll

W6er

27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

No deflection, my point has been completely consistent. I don’t support VAR for the reasons given, others do for their own reasons.

It’s also absolutely not baseless that you have antagonised & lashed out on this thread like you do on practically all others.

You’re an angry, nasty wee troll on this forum. 

^^^^^ Almost in tears. 😆😆😆

25 minutes ago, munoz said:

It will be interesting to see if the referees miraculously improve their performances now that this is going ahead.

I anticipate even more of a focus on the non-big decisions for the bigot brothers. Dodgy corners, throw-ins, dubious free kicks & more bookings for the smaller clubs. 

The big decisions that go in their favour have always gotten the attention but the favour throughout games won’t change with VAR. 

24 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I anticipate even more of a focus on the non-big decisions for the bigot brothers. Dodgy corners, throw-ins, dubious free kicks & more bookings for the smaller clubs. 

The big decisions that go in their favour have always gotten the attention but the favour throughout games won’t change with VAR. 

I think the opposite. The referees will be under more scrutiny to get things right. 

No hiding place for them now.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

I think the opposite. The referees will be under more scrutiny to get things right. 

How will VAR put them under more scrutiny than they are right now for decisions not checked by VAR? 

VAR doesn’t remove hiding places for all the examples I gave. 

Edited by bazil85

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Referees won't be hiding with the introduction of VAR.

I would doubt there is a top level official who will be against VAR.

VAR makes a referees job way easier.

Glad its was voted for as would have looked a right diddy league if they didn't.

Astro in the top league is bad enough !

44 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Referees won't be hiding with the introduction of VAR.

I would doubt there is a top level official who will be against VAR.

VAR makes a referees job way easier.

Glad its was voted for as would have looked a right diddy league if they didn't.

Astro in the top league is bad enough !

Exactly the point i was making, that and any biases will be easily shown up.

24 minutes ago, munoz said:

I can think of a number of times gone past, especially against the Govan team where results would have been markedly different and better if VAR had been around. Glad to see it come in but hope that top clubs will have screens to show the crowd what the VAR and refs are looking at.

Time will tell.  1.2 million quid though is not cheap given financial challenges we will be facing over the next 12 months .

If your a club like ours the only way to cover this is a 20 to 30 quid increase in season ticket fees (rough fag packet calculation on about 80 k a year with 3000 season tickets)and a few quid on other tickets before the cost of inflation is added.

29 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Time will tell.  1.2 million quid though is not cheap given financial challenges we will be facing over the next 12 months .

If your a club like ours the only way to cover this is a 20 to 30 quid increase in season ticket fees (rough fag packet calculation on about 80 k a year with 3000 season tickets)and a few quid on other tickets before the cost of inflation is added.

I take your point ES but I can think of lost revenue from cup competitions in particular where decisions were not given. Some as bad as a rugby tackle in the box by a keeper and others offside by a wide margin but allowed to play on. That covers both sides of the big 2.

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, and biases are rare, mostly from fans who's team has been pumped, more to do with incompetent referee's. 

Across the board you're probably correct for most refs.

Hopefully it will stop easily influenced refereeing decisions. 

3 hours ago, munoz said:

I guess what I am saying is, how will VAR now show up any biases? 

Take the 0-0 against Celtic before New Year for example. The ref gave them absolutely everything. Free kicks, make-believe corners, he played over six minutes of stoppage time when there wasn’t a single injury, goal or considerable stoppage in the second half. Just happened to be no big match changing incidents (penalty shouts or red cards). 

I don’t understand how VAR now puts that stuff under the light? 

For me, I think there is a very real risk that incidents not subject to VAR will even more go in the favour of the bigot brothers. VAR could almost be used as a safety net for officials in these senses. 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I guess what I am saying is, how will VAR now show up any biases? 

Take the 0-0 against Celtic before New Year for example. The ref gave them absolutely everything. Free kicks, make-believe corners, he played over six minutes of stoppage time when there wasn’t a single injury, goal or considerable stoppage in the second half. Just happened to be no big match changing incidents (penalty shouts or red cards). 

I don’t understand how VAR now puts that stuff under the light? 

For me, I think there is a very real risk that incidents not subject to VAR will even more go in the favour of the bigot brothers. VAR could almost be used as a safety net for officials in these senses. 

It could, IF there are any such fanciful biases, stop the critical decisions going under the radar? :wacko:

It's not there, as this has been explained previously, to correct corners, throw ins, etc, it's to..........

"clear and obvious errors" or "serious missed incidents" in four match-changing situations: goals; penalty decisions; direct red-card incidents; and mistaken identity.

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It could, IF there are any such fanciful biases, stop the critical decisions going under the radar? :wacko:

It's not there, as this has been explained previously, to correct corners, throw ins, etc, it's to..........

"clear and obvious errors" or "serious missed incidents" in four match-changing situations: goals; penalty decisions; direct red-card incidents; and mistaken identity.

Which is exactly my point. I don’t see how VAR will put referees under more scrutiny for anything VAR doesn’t check. If anything, I think it will dilute the scrutiny they get. 

I think there is a very real chance it will cause even more of a sway to the bigot brothers in decisions that aren’t directly match changing. 

06EB672C-63FB-4EBF-8ACB-212440210546.jpeg

Just now, bazil85 said:

Which is exactly my point. I don’t see how VAR will put referees under more scrutiny for anything VAR doesn’t check. If anything, I think it will dilute the scrutiny they get. 

I think there is a very real chance it will cause even more of a sway to the bigot brothers in decisions that aren’t directly match changing. 

06EB672C-63FB-4EBF-8ACB-212440210546.jpeg

The unhealthy focus on the Old Firm in this topic is verging on hysteria.

We play another umpteen teams, but when we play the Old Firm we are, mainly, on the back foot so many of the critical decisions will be against us.

VAR isn't only for Christmas. 

Anyhow, glad that football people, clubs/managers, seen the obvious benefits.

Bring it on. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The unhealthy focus on the Old Firm in this topic is verging on hysteria.

We play another umpteen teams, but when we play the Old Firm we are, mainly, on the back foot so many of the critical decisions will be against us.

VAR isn't only for Christmas. 

Anyhow, glad that football people, clubs/managers, seen the obvious benefits.

Bring it on. 

Old firm hasn't existed for almost a decade. 

That aside, Celtic & Rangers get this kind of focus because the bias is systemic up here. They play 34 league games a season each against other Scottish clubs and are favoured in almost all of them. 

It isn’t just a case of looking at it from our clubs perspective. There is blatant cheating in our game that happens dozens of times a season. 

Surely even you can see why so many have issue with it and why it gets so much attention?