VAR Poll

W6er

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Old firm hasn't existed for almost a decade. 

That aside, Celtic & Rangers get this kind of focus because the bias is systemic up here. They play 34 league games a season each against other Scottish clubs and are favoured in almost all of them. 

It isn’t just a case of looking at it from our clubs perspective. There is blatant cheating in our game that happens dozens of times a season. 

Surely even you can see why so many have issue with it and why it gets so much attention? 

Aye, all subjective and over egged. :snore

Look at the penalties we were awarded when we won the championship, 10 from 36 games.

2 seasons ago, 9 pens in 36 games, Rangers, in the same season 7 penalties. 

Aye, keep it up, you'll be in Australia soon. :byebye

36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, all subjective and over egged. :snore

Look at the penalties we were awarded when we won the championship, 10 from 36 games.

2 seasons ago, 9 pens in 36 games, Rangers, in the same season 7 penalties. 

Aye, keep it up, you'll be in Australia soon. :byebye

It is beyond all reasonable doubt that the bigot brothers get favoured above other clubs by officials in this country over the course of any given season. 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It is beyond all reasonable doubt that the bigot brothers get favoured above other clubs by officials in this country over the course of any given season. 

Away and howl at the moon, I prefer facts. :byebye

PS What part are you struggling with that ANY team who are likely to be attacking other teams for the majority of the game will get more decisions in their favor as they will have more possession, especially in the oppositions half? 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Old firm hasn't existed for almost a decade. 

That aside, Celtic & Rangers get this kind of focus because the bias is systemic up here. They play 34 league games a season each against other Scottish clubs and are favoured in almost all of them. 

It isn’t just a case of looking at it from our clubs perspective. There is blatant cheating in our game that happens dozens of times a season. 

Surely even you can see why so many have issue with it and why it gets so much attention? 

In other countries they might call this corruption as money might change hands. Here, the suggestion is that brotherhood is to blame. 

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Away and howl at the moon, I prefer facts. :byebye

PS What part are you struggling with that ANY team who are likely to be attacking other teams for the majority of the game will get more decisions in their favor as they will have more possession, especially in the oppositions half? 

No part of it at all. That point aside, Celtic & Rangers are generally massively favoured in this country by officials. 

Man C & Liverpool are in that position in England & don’t favour to the levels the bigot brothers do up here from bias officiating. 

8 hours ago, Rascal said:

In other countries they might call this corruption as money might change hands. Here, the suggestion is that brotherhood is to blame. 

I feel it’s a blend of conscious & unconscious bias towards the two biggest clubs. 

It’s certainly an easier life in front of 50/60k home fans to favour the bigots in decisions. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

No part of it at all. That point aside, Celtic & Rangers are generally massively favoured in this country by officials. 

Man C & Liverpool are in that position in England & don’t favour to the levels the bigot brothers do up here from bias officiating. 

Ok, so, no matter how much evidence is presented you still stick to your conspiracy theory? :wacko:

No problem, I think I get it. :lol

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, so, no matter how much evidence is presented you still stick to your conspiracy theory? :wacko:

No problem, I think I get it. :lol

You haven’t presented a shred of evidence that they aren’t generally favoured in Scotland. 

You wouldn’t be able to because it’s observable over many, many, many matches. 

No problem, I think I get it. [emoji38]
I can only go on the word of a former top level referee who admitted he doubted himself at times when so many were claiming for something. [emoji44]

Though he did caution every Hearts player in a wall when they encroached 10 yards before a free kick was taken. [emoji1787]

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You haven’t presented a shred of evidence that they aren’t generally favoured in Scotland. 

You wouldn’t be able to because it’s observable over many, many, many matches. 

Firstly I presented evidence that VAR is NOT a major influence on games, not according to you.

I presented evidence that St Mirren had more game winning awards than Rangers, you ignored that.

All you present is subjective, and coming from s simpleton like you, really doesn't cut the mustard. 

😆

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I feel it’s a blend of conscious & unconscious bias towards the two biggest clubs. 

It’s certainly an easier life in front of 50/60k home fans to favour the bigots in decisions. 

And those in the lodge. 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Firstly I presented evidence that VAR is NOT a major influence on games, not according to you.

I presented evidence that St Mirren had more game winning awards than Rangers, you ignored that.

All you present is subjective, and coming from s simpleton like you, really doesn't cut the mustard. 

😆

Incorrect, I showed that the stats you were using were misleading. 

That does not remotely suggest there isn’t favour throughout many games for the bigot brothers. It seems largely incidental. 

You’re getting upset & again trolling. Sorry my presence angers you. :) 

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Incorrect, I showed that the stats you were using were misleading. 

That does not remotely suggest there isn’t favour throughout many games for the bigot brothers. It seems largely incidental. 

You’re getting upset & again trolling. Sorry my presence angers you. :) 

^^^^ Copy/paste time again. 😆

Empty vessel. 🤡

I can't believe clubs are okay with the cost of VAR. £67k for the bottom club meaning everyone else is paying more. How is that worth it?

For us thats an extra high-end earning player a year.

Considering theres been all this fuss of giving the old firm 2 stands to make an extra £100k(ish) because that money is so important but they are happy to throw away more than £67k (£100k for mid table) without much complaints. 

53 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I can't believe clubs are okay with the cost of VAR. £67k for the bottom club meaning everyone else is paying more. How is that worth it?

For us thats an extra high-end earning player a year.

Considering theres been all this fuss of giving the old firm 2 stands to make an extra £100k(ish) because that money is so important but they are happy to throw away more than £67k (£100k for mid table) without much complaints. 

I think the days of two stands to the Big Two are over. 

18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Good for Morton, voting to protect one of the elements that makes football the best sport in the world.   

Well within their rights to vote against but like it or not, this has been coming for a while. We went from 1 referee and 2 linesmen to 1 Referee and 2 Assistant   Referees to 1 Referee and 2 Assistant Referees plus a 4th official before then review of decisions using TV and now onto VAR. Used well , it can add to the tension and atmosphere at games. Especially if the ground has replay facilities the fans can watch live.