VAR Poll

W6er

Listening to supporters it will never catch on. The people who watch on the television have spoken. The fact it makes the experience less exciting for people who attend matches is neither here nor there

I never got the breakdown of the SMISA survey of those who never go to a game.

Let me think, do I want the correct decision or possibly not [emoji848]

14 minutes ago, guinness said:

Listening to supporters it will never catch on. The people who watch on the television have spoken. The fact it makes the experience less exciting for people who attend matches is neither here nor there

Are you saying two thirds of SMISA members don't watch live football? 🤔

1 hour ago, guinness said:

It’s with us now. Desmond White of Celtic many years ago took the view that live football on TV was anathema to footballs interest. Yet, despite wall to wall coverage in England crowds at the top games continue to grow with a number of clubs building bigger stadiums. They include large screens where replay action and VAR analysis can be seen so successfully blending the match and tv experience IMO. 

12 minutes ago, guinness said:

Vast .majority did not bother to vote as if was inevitable it would be passed.

Ok, are you saying two thirds of the people who voted don't attend games?

To save you any hassle, you've made a massive assumption that the "vast majority" share your view.

I happen to think the "vast majority" see it as helping that the CORRRECT decisions are made in the games we play, and not just against the Old Firm. 

PS The same "vast majority" hardly vote on any issues that SMISA raise. 

Edited by faraway saint

18 hours ago, Rascal said:

Well within their rights to vote against but like it or not, this has been coming for a while. We went from 1 referee and 2 linesmen to 1 Referee and 2 Assistant   Referees to 1 Referee and 2 Assistant Referees plus a 4th official before then review of decisions using TV and now onto VAR. Used well , it can add to the tension and atmosphere at games. Especially if the ground has replay facilities the fans can watch live.

All about opinions. For me that ‘tension’ is at the expense of what makes football the best sport in the world. Fast, cutting edge game play. 

VAR (for me) adds an unease to practically every open play goal. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

All about opinions. For me that ‘tension’ is at the expense of what makes football the best sport in the world. Fast, cutting edge game play. 

VAR (for me) adds an unease to practically every open play goal. 

As you say Mr B ….All about opinions.

I still feel the hurt of the cup exit to Celtic at Love Street after Celtic scored when the now late Johnny Doyle was yards offside and it stood. Oh for VAR that night or the day when Abercrombie (I think it was) cleared the ball of the line whilst standing on the line only for a goal to be awarded to the Govan Team. 

46 minutes ago, elvis said:

As good as in my honest opinion.

Happy to respect your opinion Elvis and you may be right but as long as it’s arithmetically possible for us to stay up, even if it goes to the playoffs then I will keep believing. It’s a choice to be positive just as your choice is to view things negatively.

20 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

A player plays the ball a second time after taking a free kick outside of the penalty area, what is your decision?

You are a referee, during play a player calls you a fcuking cheat. What do you do?

Are you trying to infer that, since most fans don’t know every single rule within football, they can’t tell when VAR has gotten something wrong? If so, that seems strange & a very weak argument. 

But to answer your questions. 

1. I’m not sure exactly what you mean here but if it’s someone kicking a ball twice after a free kick, I imagine it would be something along the lines of indirect free kick/ retake. I can’t remember a single example of this ever happening. 

2. I imagine a booking/ red card offence. 

You’ll never change my mind on VAR I’m afraid. I’ve seen it in action and my opinion is, it makes the game FAR worse. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Just can’t help yourself. Trolling and antagonising on practically every thread. 50,000+ embarrassing comments, sad life. 

Sorry petal.

As for the amount of posts, approx 2/3 of my posts receive some positive acknowledgement, you're, on the other hand, one of the worst on the forum. :byebye

Time you grew a pair. :lol:

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Sorry petal.

As for the amount of posts, approx 2/3 of my posts receive some positive acknowledgement, you're, on the other hand, one of the worst on the forum. :byebye

Time you grew a pair. :lol:

You crave likes on here, it’s quite hilarious. You’ve brought this up so many times, imagine fishing for them on BAWA 😂