How much longer do we give the manager

I'm usually all about giving a new manager time and a chance to prove himself, but Stephen Robinson is pushing even my beliefs now. He inherited a team with realistic top 6 dreams now the way we are playing we may end up in a relegation playoff. Yes it was a very close league but still no excuse. How much longer does he get.

I'm usually all about giving a new manager time and a chance to prove himself, but Stephen Robinson is pushing even my beliefs now. He inherited a team with realistic top 6 dreams now the way we are playing we may end up in a relegation playoff. Yes it was a very close league but still no excuse. How much longer does he get.
An hour? Or is that to long

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, KMbud1877 said:

As did Jim Goodwin at Aberdeen!

2 hours ago, munoz said:

He deserves a shot with his own signings unless we get relegated. 

We stay up- till Christmas, down - away please. 

We can't risk relegation though , it's a long expensive way back if we go down , as has been proven before. If we lose at Perth , get him out and let McManus get us points from Dundee and Livingston !

9 hours ago, munoz said:

He deserves a shot with his own signings unless we get relegated. 

We stay up- till Christmas, down - away please. 

I am in this camp. Goodwin at Aberdeen has fared only slightly better than SR since moving. Maloney found it tough as has McGhee. It’s a tough old game but treating people as Hibs did Maloney and we would be doing with SR if we binned him now doesn’t sit well with me. 

20 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

End the season a top flight team - give him time to build a side.

Relegated at end of season - gone no questions asked 

But he's proved already he's not up to the job. Why let him relegate us when someone else might be able to avoid that?

2 minutes ago, W6er said:

But he's proved already he's not up to the job. Why let him relegate us when someone else might be able to avoid that?

Not too often that I take a different view from yourself W6er but do this time. Am I disappointed with the way the season has gone? Of course I am. My first but understandable disappointment was JG going to Aberdeen. My second was that we didn’t make it into the top 6 having been so close to being in 4th place during a game. My third is that the new managers hasn’t, so far, managed to deliver results to keep us away from danger of falling into the playoffs. But he still might. I even envisage playing in the playoffs before being safe bringing a tumultuous season to an end followed by a frenzy of recruitment for the following season. 

57 minutes ago, W6er said:

That's the $1m dollar question. Is it a case of the BOD saying that the club simply can't be relegated, so get rid , or is it we've made our bed so we better lie in it ? IMO he should be gone already to give the interim manager a chance to revitalise the squad for the last four. As I said before , the club playing at the highest possible level comes way before any individual !

When does the time start for players to take the blame. We have loan players who have no loyalty to us and players wiith an eye for the exit door. Is it the managers fault or has our playing squad chucked it. Robinson clearly identified this when coming to the club and that is why he cannot get a tune out of some of them.

2 hours ago, Ethan said:

When does the time start for players to take the blame. We have loan players who have no loyalty to us and players wiith an eye for the exit door. Is it the managers fault or has our playing squad chucked it. Robinson clearly identified this when coming to the club and that is why he cannot get a tune out of some of them.

I suspect that JG’s problem at Aberdeen is very similar.

6 hours ago, Ethan said:

The "blame", if people want to play the blame game, is as much the players as it is the manager.

In the current frenzy against Robinson, this thread for instance, a "new" member starts with this type of thread before making even one post :lol:,not blameless by any means, the players, overall, despite some terrible performances, are sailing through this unscathed. 

Edited by faraway saint

7 hours ago, Ethan said:

Do you think it's a coincidence that as soon as Robinson walks through the door the players 'chucked it'? Surely that's down to the manager? 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

The "blame", if people want to play the blame game, is as much the players as it is the manager.

In the current frenzy against Robinson, this thread for instance, a "new" member starts with this type of thread before making even one post :lol:,not blameless by any means, the players, overall, despite some terrible performances, are sailing through this unscathed. 

So new members are not allowed an opinion or start a thread without a post? Piss off. As soon as he arrived he lost the dressing room. 

10 minutes ago, KMbud1877 said:

So new members are not allowed an opinion or start a thread without a post? Piss off. As soon as he arrived he lost the dressing room. 

😆😆😆There were other threads running about the manager for you to post your opinion 

Piss off? 😜

Edited by faraway saint

I think we should let him bring in his own players and keep him going at least until the end of the season. He’s been poor since he came in but at the same point we need to be looking at the players too. We are wasting 
£100K a year on Curtis main’s wages while he has done next to nothing and puts in no effort for the club. Jordan Jones IMO has been shite as well. 
But if we don’t stay up, I think that the only option is to send Robinson out the door along with Fraser Tait and Main.

Edited by bringbackobika