How much longer do we give the manager

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Come back in two months for proof. There will be several contracted players leaving the club in the summer, regardless of what league we are in. 

This squad needs an overhaul. Several players should be out on their arse   because they are utterly shite and I applaud Robbo for identifying this. To many jersey fillers who are in reality nowhere good enough to be there . 

19 minutes ago, CraigyBoy said:

This squad needs an overhaul. Several players should be out on their arse   because they are utterly shite and I applaud Robbo for identifying this. To many jersey fillers who are in reality nowhere good enough to be there . 

These utterly shite players did get the club it's highest finish in a generation last season, and they were even higher than that in February. Where do you think we should be finishing?

No one has a problem with the manager wanting to build his own team in the summer, it's how he's went about it is the issue. He'll rightly be out the door if he relegates us.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

These utterly shite players did get the club it's highest finish in a generation last season, and they were even higher than that in February. Where do you think we should be finishing?

No one has a problem with the manager wanting to build his own team in the summer, it's how he's went about it is the issue. He'll rightly be out the door if he relegates us.

Realistically we are a club which should occupy a place somewhere between 5th and 9 th place IMO. Our crowds are not big but we do have quite a high ratio of bums on seats to capacity. Last years finish was within the range I have suggested so, yes, it was a good year. We might yet finish between 7 and 9 so it could still be a good year but I will admit that it doesn’t feel like  that right now. 

13 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Realistically we are a club which should occupy a place somewhere between 5th and 9 th place IMO. Our crowds are not big but we do have quite a high ratio of bums on seats to capacity. Last years finish was within the range I have suggested so, yes, it was a good year. We might yet finish between 7 and 9 so it could still be a good year but I will admit that it doesn’t feel like  that right now. 

Yeah i agree.  Sadly we've spent the vast majority of the last 30 years below 9th. Finishing 7th and being in 6th still not good enough for some, clearly.

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Yeah i agree.  Sadly we've spent the vast majority of the last 30 years below 9th. Finishing 7th and being in 6th still not good enough for some, clearly.

7th last season, combined with two semi finals, was IMO, a pretty decent season.

We have not finished 6th, this "temporary" league position argument, along with the hilarious 4th, is irrelevant.

Although, if we stay up and score in the first minute of the first game next season, before any other teams score, we would be 1st, something to be remembered. :lol:

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

7th last season, combined with two semi finals, was IMO, a pretty decent season.

We have not finished 6th, this "temporary" league position argument, along with the hilarious 4th, is irrelevant.

Although, if we stay up and score in the first minute of the first game next season, before any other teams score, we would be 1st, something to be remembered. :lol:

Did you read what i said? 'being in sixth'.

Although, if we stay up and score in the first minute of the first game next season, before any other teams score, we would be 1st, something to be remembered. [emoji38]

I take it you don't remember going to darkhead in 2006, 3rd game of the season and singing at the start of the game, you're no, you're no, we're top of the league and you're no. [emoji6]

34 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Those of us who were around in the times when we qualified for Europe were spoiled to some extent. Some of us have also seen us just escape dropping to league 3 by the skin of our teeth. If I remember correctly, through a Hugh Murray goal at Forthbank v Stirling Albion have also seen the other side. Ups and downs are part of the game. I prefer the ups!

7 hours ago, TopCat said:

The only contract that could possibly be off the table is Tanser. Millar and Flynn weren't getting deals regardless and they don't play, Alnwick was leaving anyway, and i doubt any decision had been made either way on 34 year old Alan Power. No one else is out of contract. What has happened is that he's told players who are under contract for next year that they aren't part of his plans and they're free to leave in the summer. Which would be fair enough if we were safe, and i think he thought we were.  To the surprise of no one, there was then a huge change in attitude and we went from a team who was hard to beat to one who loses every week We now need these same players who know they're leaving in a few weeks to dig in and get us the results we are going to need to keep us in the league. 

We are in huge trouble. Despite this, we still have a decent chance of staying up, we had so many points on the board before Robbo arrived that even he is going to struggle to relegate us. 

If what you say about contracted players is right, then surely Main must be 1 of the players he want out and if so, why does he play him every week ?

22 hours ago, TopCat said:

No one has a problem with the manager wanting to build his own team in the summer, it's how he's went about it is the issue. He'll rightly be out the door if he 

Every team has  a squad- our depth unfortunately is very poor . The shite I talk about is still there - McGrath last season was immense, this however covered numerous short falls that JG didn't  identify or couldn't  in the summer - that was an abject failure in his tenure and really meant we went into this season not in a position of strength. Alas , our highlights this season have mostly been by players who aren't owned by the club-   and yes,we did well to get him but it's another void the new manager has to deal with going forward & Is always short term . I will reserve judgement on the current manager until he has had a transfer window as a minimum to come and make his mark,  and see can improve the failings our previous manager exhibited. 

On 4/30/2022 at 6:39 PM, Rascal said:

Six points from the three remaining games, two of which are at home, and we will equal last seasons points total. Seven and we surpass it. A bit of motivation there surely.

The flaw in that thinking is we don't win at home so we have as many points as we are going to have need the Johnnie's to drop more points for us to be safe I'm afraid.

On 4/30/2022 at 4:55 PM, guinness said:

Having won today I would think manager has at least until Christmas.

He has until he proves that he's not worthy of the job.

The only reason that we still had Goodwin in charge, was that he was a club legend. He could have had no complaints at being binned at several points during his tenure. Fortunately for him, he managed some very fortunate results in Jan/Feb. An occurrence that Aberdeen will live to regret IMO. 

Unlike others, I hope that Robinson succeeds and improves on this seasons shit show, which has been, with few exceptions,  dreadful from start until finish.

10 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Just saw the extensive two minutes coverage. Robinson said the win was coming. Lol, deluded. 

He's definitely a bullshitter , he always has been. He said there were signs last week , I must've blinked , and missed them. He's managed to scrape a performance together which virtually guarantees safety , after an horrendous run. If that run "with his  own players" is replicated next season he'll be a goner !

20 minutes ago, elvis said:

The flaw in that thinking is we don't win at home so we have as many points as we are going to have need the Johnnie's to drop more points for us to be safe I'm afraid.

Things can change Elvis but It would help if they do.