St Johnstone v St Mirren, 30/4/22

18 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hopefully we won’t have to worry about it, but I’ve just noticed that the play off final second leg is on a Monday night. How shite is that?

E4EA09A5-FE94-4DC4-8DC5-32DAD1061202.thumb.png.44ec6b13349982897df190f5dbab92e6.png

Thank for that.

I now know when to bugger off abroad  for a holiday   ☝️

This is a massive game, a win and we can relax, lose, well, exciting doesn't cover it.

Having never saw us win at Pittodrie I'm pretty sure the only victory I can remember at McDiarmid was when Roy Aitken was playing so surely perfect time for a victory up there right???

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Having never saw us win at Pittodrie I'm pretty sure the only victory I can remember at McDiarmid was when Roy Aitken was playing so surely perfect time for a victory up there right???

Why not? 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

This is a massive game, a win and we can relax, lose, well, exciting doesn't cover it.

We’ve lost out 8 out of 9 games with the team not showing 1 bit of fight and half the players chucking it.

St Johnstone are fighting and picking up points, only 1 winner in this 1 mate and it’s not us.

9 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

We’ve lost out 8 out of 9 games with the team not showing 1 bit of fight and half the players chucking it.

St Johnstone are fighting and picking up points, only 1 winner in this 1 mate and it’s not us.

I had a wee punt on St Johnstone at half time, 9/1, the stats suggested they were well in it, close but not close enough.

Aye, we struggle in Perth at the best of times, hard to see anything but a home win. 

Edited by faraway saint

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I had a wee punt on St Johnstone at half time, 9/1, the stats suggested they were well in it, close but not close enough.

Aye, we struggle in Perth at the best of times, hard to see anything but a home win. 

Our only hope of getting anything in Perth is if Jak has his best game of the season and chips in with a goal when we go one down and Main sleeps in and misses the team bus 

Robinson mentioned the “difficult pitch” in his interview yesterday, so he’s getting his excuses in early. 
Also, someone in the coaching staff must have the bottle to tell him the truth about Main as Robinson has a Putin like single bloody mindedness regarding his involvement in the squad let alone in the team.

He was also bumping his gums about bringing  youth through and giving them the chance in the 1st team. No evidence of that yesterday.

Give some of them a go next week. Can’t be any worse than the imposters he is putting on the pitch.

I’m sure of one thing. Those who post endless doom and gloom regarding the manager and players might be right but I’m glad that none of them are managing the team as motivation isn’t their strong point. I get the bit about Main but thought he had his best game so far on Saturday. Not great but still his best. To lose Tait and Brophy early as they did made an already difficult job even harder. The width of the crossbar was the difference between a draw and a win. We are making more chances, IMO, but not converting them. I will support whoever pulls on the jersey. They didn’t sign themselves. Another manager did. Until SR has had a chance to let go and bring in his own squad then I will support him too. Sure would be easier all round though if we could get a couple of wins!

5 minutes ago, Rascal said:

I’m sure of one thing. Those who post endless doom and gloom regarding the manager and players might be right but I’m glad that none of them are managing the team as motivation isn’t their strong point. I get the bit about Main but thought he had his best game so far on Saturday. Not great but still his best. To lose Tait and Brophy early as they did made an already difficult job even harder. The width of the crossbar was the difference between a draw and a win. We are making more chances, IMO, but not converting them. I will support whoever pulls on the jersey. They didn’t sign themselves. Another manager did. Until SR has had a chance to let go and bring in his own squad then I will support him too. Sure would be easier all round though if we could get a couple of wins!

You must be getting a different view of the game than me Ricky  :blink:  where are you sitting I need to change my seat 

7 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

You must be getting a different view of the game than me Ricky  :blink:  where are you sitting I need to change my seat 

Must be the view from W4! I like to stay optimistic. I didn’t say that I am a fan of Curtis Main, just that this was possibly his best outing for us. Stats also showed that we had more attempts and more on target. The disappointing stat for me in some ways was that we had fewer fouls. If I am honest I also thought That Hanlon of Hibs strolled through the game. The running of Newall caused us problems but their goal was in the fortunate category. Jak might be a little unhappy with himself that the shot went in on his narrow side at the post. This season was full of ups and downs before the break and this has continued. Might even go all the way to a play off. Not for the faint hearted.

In normal times and with a decent team , given our record against this team, I would predict a defeat. With this current team and manager, a defeat looks a certainty . No fight, nothing up front( as it has been for ages), and a creaky defence, I think it’s the play-offs for us. Miserable waste of a season, barely any wins or goals or entertainment. Rubbish. New manager urgently required. 

1 hour ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

In normal times and with a decent team , given our record against this team, I would predict a defeat. With this current team and manager, a defeat looks a certainty . No fight, nothing up front( as it has been for ages), and a creaky defence, I think it’s the play-offs for us. Miserable waste of a season, barely any wins or goals or entertainment. Rubbish. New manager urgently required. 

Always a tough place to play and their pitch looks bobbly in tv excerpts . Not impossible though. Reserve judgement on the manager.

8 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

In normal times and with a decent team , given our record against this team, I would predict a defeat. With this current team and manager, a defeat looks a certainty . 

So, you'd normally predict we get beat but at this stage, with the current team and manager, you predict we'll get beat? :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

All i hear is that SR will recruit his own squad....well that will be a very different task in the championship... 3 wins at home is relegation form.... Fakes used to be in Perth but we are the ones branding that title just now.... lets see if we react and fight or meakly surrender

On 4/23/2022 at 7:06 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hopefully we won’t have to worry about it, but I’ve just noticed that the play off final second leg is on a Monday night. How shite is that?

E4EA09A5-FE94-4DC4-8DC5-32DAD1061202.thumb.png.44ec6b13349982897df190f5dbab92e6.png

We know from experience that this is an exciting way to end the season . Having said that, I hope we are not involved. 

On 4/23/2022 at 7:53 PM, Ronnie said:

The last time we won at McDiarmid was 2014 when Tommy Craig was in charge, goals from Adam Drury and Jason Naismith.

I'll say the same thing i said before the recent Motherwell game, Rangers game and Hibs game: I fully expect yet another defeat, because our players aren't trying. I would be surprised if we got another point this season.