St Johnstone v St Mirren, 30/4/22

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

The last time we won at McDiarmid was 2014 when Tommy Craig was in charge, goals from Adam Drury and Jason Naismith.

I'll say the same thing i said before the recent Motherwell game, Rangers game and Hibs game: I fully expect yet another defeat, because our players aren't trying. I would be surprised if we got another point this season. 

I take it you are not suggesting that someone start a Bring Back Tommy Craig thread? 

Said on P&B that we are 11/2 to finish in the bottom 2. 

Surely that must be worth punting the money the Dons gave us for Goodwin, since it would help to cover some of next season lost.

Just need to club to get the bet on without getting caught by the SPFL   :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

We haven't scored a single goal in Perth in our last 7 visits. 

Must be a record

Hadn't realised it was that bad, even though I've witnessed most of them.

PS Fortunately I'll be in Paisley this Saturday so I won't have to sit in that shithole watching shit football. 

Edited by faraway saint

Hadn't realised it was that bad, even though I've witnessed most of them.
PS Fortunately I'll be in Paisley this Saturday so I won't have to sit in that shithole watching shit football. 

One of our previous matches in last couple of years December in Perth the Radio Scotland reporter had did his homework and said about our record there but also in general matches v them produce very little goals for both teams he said how he though maybe he would bring a change of luck ....... It finished 0-0.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

One of our previous matches in last couple of years December in Perth the Radio Scotland reporter had did his homework and said about our record there but also in general matches v them produce very little goals for both teams he said how he though maybe he would bring a change of luck ....... It finished 0-0.

I would take 0-0 now, the optimist I am!

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

December in Perth, their ground must be one of the coldest in Scotland, always seems to be a cold wind whistling straight down, add in it's almost empty and you have a real shit atmosphere.

It's a pity it's fairly close, 50 miles each way, or I wouldn't bother.  

We'd been leaking goals like nobodies business before the weekend (14 in 4 games) so you can tell Robbo thought we need to keep a clean sheet for starters. He stuck five at the back and three in deep midfield. Of course we still lost without keeping a clean sheet, and the flip side was we hardly created a single chance.  In the games  we had lost just prior (rangers excpeted) we had been scoring (2 v Well, 2 v Hearts and 1 v Dundee Utd), but he took that threat away on Saturday, without plugging the gap at the back.

I felt one of the main reasons for that was Ronan playing in a much deeper role, which doesn't suit him. Connor is one of the best Saints players I've ever seen, the team must be built specifically to maximise his game winning ability, after all he has won us games himself several times. We must get him further forward on Saturday, where he can best hurt St Johnstone:

Alnwick

Fraser-Shaughnessy-Dunne-Tanser

Gogic-Power

Jones-Ronan-Henderson

Greive

Squad wise we are stronger than the Saintees. If our attitude is right we don't lose (we haven't lost any of the three previous games between us this season). My problem is i just don't think the attitude will be right and the Saintees will want it more than we do, and as such we will lose again. I hope I'm wrong!

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

We'd been leaking goals like nobodies business before the weekend (14 in 4 games) so you can tell Robbo thought we need to keep a clean sheet for starters. He stuck five at the back and three in deep midfield. Of course we still lost without keeping a clean sheet, and the flip side was we hardly created a single chance.  In the games  we had lost just prior (rangers excpeted) we had been scoring (2 v Well, 2 v Hearts and 1 v Dundee Utd), but he took that threat away on Saturday, without plugging the gap at the back.

I felt one of the main reasons for that was Ronan playing in a much deeper role, which doesn't suit him. Connor is one of the best Saints players I've ever seen, the team must be built specifically to maximise his game winning ability, after all he has won us games himself several times. We must get him further forward on Saturday, where he can best hurt St Johnstone:

Alnwick

Gogic-Power

Jones-Ronan-Henderson

Greive

Squad wise we are stronger than the Saintees. If our attitude is right we don't lose (we haven't lost any of the three previous games between us this season). My problem is i just don't think the attitude will be right and the Saintees will want it more than we do, and as such we will lose again. I hope I'm wrong!

Dunne is out for the season

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Alnwick

Gogic-Power

Jones-Ronan-Henderson

Greive

Ronan is an excellent player . Maybe with Gocic back he will be able to play further forward.

1 hour ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Got to win this. No other outcome surely.

Would certainly be the outcome we would like. Anything other than a defeat though might or might not be enough with three games remaining after this one. As many have said and as I have also witnessed Perth hasn’t been a very happy hunting ground for the Buddies. Time for a change. I hope.

4 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Don't think this team has a win in it.. so best we can hope for imo is not to lose and keep the gap to 5 points and crawl over the line somehow with the help of Hibs Livy and big Jim's team... what a thought that is 🙈

I think its more hope than anything. However surely now the players who are going to be off at end of season whether be loanees or released, if they have anything about them will be trying to put themselves in shop window for prospective clubs. I know I've posted before about them not wanting to run risk of getting seriously injured for a manager like SR, but if not for him or club. Do it for themselves.