St Johnstone v St Mirren, 30/4/22

3 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I think its more hope than anything. However surely now the players who are going to be off at end of season whether be loanees or released, if they have anything about them will be trying to put themselves in shop window for prospective clubs. I know I've posted before about them not wanting to run risk of getting seriously injured for a manager like SR, but if not for him or club. Do it for themselves.

Not get injured but have a go, to have a go cos at the end of the day probably quite a few don't figure in SR's plans anyway.

4 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Not a chance we are winning this game in Perth, too many bluffers in the squad. 

2-0 St Johnstone.

We need better players, with some sort of desire to win a match.

I wholeheartedly agree the manager's job is to get the best from what he has but, whatever the reasons, his hands are tied if the players are shite.

5 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Not get injured but have a go, to have a go cos at the end of the day probably quite a few don't figure in SR's plans anyway.

I’d also like to see us do that. Those who are staying have a vested interest in us being in the top league and those who are going in attracting interest from other clubs. This doesn’t need to be a recipe for disaster. Instead a motivation to do well. Let’s see.

1 hour ago, Balmullo Bud said:

I’d happily take a draw and no injuries or suspensions to our 2 remaining fit centre halves (touch wood). 
If the team can’t get themselves up for this one we’re in big trouble. 

So would I Balmullo and not care too much how we got it but this will require both hard work and 90 plus minutes of concentration. Playing with a swagger would be an unexpected bonus. Being in their faces is a pre requisite.

2 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Just had a thought enter my head 🤔   If you were StJohnstone in desperate need of 3 pts with 4 games left to play which one of the bottom 4 teams you still have to play would you choose first... 

No brainer I reckon 🥴 

Aberdeen.

7 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

I’d happily take a draw and no injuries or suspensions to our 2 remaining fit centre halves (touch wood). 
If the team can’t get themselves up for this one we’re in big trouble. 

Has one of Fraser, Shaughnessy or McCarthy picked up an injury?