St Johnstone v St Mirren, 30/4/22

3 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Main starts again 😫

Can only assume he has some incriminating photos of the manager. 🤔🤨

Main was, in my opinion, our man of the match today CG. Fought for every ball, showed strength and determination. Playing like that I can see why we signed him. Great result too!!!

Unfortunately, Curtis Main has not performed to that level many times this season, but let's give him his due and acknowledge his contribution today in what was probably the most significant result of the season.

Until the Buddies can attract crowds that would allow us to compete budget-wise with clubs in the top six, then we will suffer many seasons like this.

It will be interesting to see if Robinson's close season signings can lift us into the top six for the first time in recent history.

4 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Main was, in my opinion, our man of the match today CG. Fought for every ball, showed strength and determination. Playing like that I can see why we signed him. Great result too!!!

Main did indeed play well today and deserves credit for his performance but it’s taken almost 30 games for him to pull a performance out !  Not good enough im afraid and I hope he isn’t spearheading our attack next season .

For me the MOTM was Gogic, commanded midfield . Hope we can convince him to stay. 

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Main did indeed play well today and deserves credit for his performance but it’s taken almost 30 games for him to pull a performance out !  Not good enough im afraid and I hope he isn’t spearheading our attack next season .

For me the MOTM was Gogic, commanded midfield . Hope we can convince him to stay. 

After Robinson's post match interview I think you may be disappointed, he clearly rates him highly.  

2 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

After Robinson's post match interview I think you may be disappointed, he clearly rates him highly.  

I cannot stand listening to his interviews.

9 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Also played really well and agree that it would be a big bonus if Gocic stayed.

30 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

Agreed. He played in Power's position and had 10 times the energy, drive and composure. 

Dropping Power today, was probably Robinson's best selection decision today.

I'm looking forward to seeing Robinson with his own players from the start of next season and not have to nurse a group of players abandoned by the guy who persuaded them to come to the club, based on his long term :lol: vision for the club. Also, hopefully, if he adopts three at the back, he'll actually sign players that are up to the job, and if it clearly isn't working, he'll won't persist with it for half of the season. He might actually sign a striker that scores goals, rather than underachievers on 3 grand a week.

39 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Dropping Power today, was probably Robinson's best selection decision today.

I'm looking forward to seeing Robinson with his own players from the start of next season and not have to nurse a group of players abandoned by the guy who persuaded them to come to the club, based on his long term :lol: vision for the club. Also, hopefully, if he adopts three at the back, he'll actually sign players that are up to the job, and if it clearly isn't working, he'll won't persist with it for half of the season. He might actually sign a striker that scores goals, rather than underachievers on 3 grand a week.

Grieve will get about a dozen next season once he's settled and getting service. He seems to have that instinct to be in the right place.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I cannot stand listening to his interviews.

Agreed. Today's interview made it sound like it was all his ideas and fact he told the players he was slagging off that he would take all the abuse to get the fans of a small club back on their side that we won. Though to be fair he was complimentary of Curtis and Alex. 

Should probably have a slice of humble pie before I comment further. Can't believe I am writing this but Main had a good game today. Question is why did it take him to long? But he put in a very good shift and was effective unlike the last 9 months.

We were well up for it from the start and dominated the game overall. A better final pass could have made the score a lot more comfortable. Our best performance under Robinson. The change today was down to formation and personnel changes. 2 strikers with Kiltie playing off them (by far his best position). Ronan playing deeper and dominated the midfield. No wingers meaning more competitive in the midfield. Far better formation that suited the players. Kiltie, Gogic, Greive and Main all deserve a special mention. Well done.

Having read some of the post prior and at the beginning of the game, i assume it was pointless for me to continue to watch this game  :shockaroony

We were the best team by a mile today and deserve to win. 

If i was a Fake Saint fan, i would be asking how after 90 mins plus, our keeper had 1 of his easiest  game this season.