St Johnstone v St Mirren, 30/4/22

Ronan delivered some great passes yesterday and along with Gogic dominated the midfield.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

St Moan Leader elect Baz disagrees and we know he is never ever wrong!

I missed the match as I was driving to Carlisle to pick up a relative. First one I've missed in a long time... ... But I know who's opinion I trust!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

St Moan Leader elect Baz disagrees and we know he is never ever wrong!

I missed the match as I was driving to Carlisle to pick up a relative. First one I've missed in a long time... ... But I know who's opinion I trust!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Is it mine?

Indeed there is nothing at all amiss about 'opinions' especially when it comes to football,, however they do need to be based on reality.... unlike Mr B 's.  Allowing that much of what he implied about the team and its lack of urgency in recent times, yesterday the whole team clearly ate their Weetabix, took their vitamins and picked a lucky four-leaf clover en-route to the stadium, Main was a revelation, he ran, he harried, he tackled, he worked his socks off and had the best match in a St Mirren shirt ever, Grieve likewise kept at it for the whole game, and Kiltie and Ronnan, even Taite were excellent, , the whole team in fact were a class above where they have been recently.  Now when I say a class above, I don't mean in quality although we showed improvement, but rather in work rate and consistency and application, not world class  but way above Mr B's interpretation. 

23 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You literally admitted in the first sentence to not watching the game. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I was happy with Saturday’s result, but when assessing the team’s performance you have to keep in mind that the Fakes were the most disjointed, unfocused, leaderless outfit I’ve seen in years.  

The ball bounced aimlessly between them.  They never pressed to get the ball back.  They didn’t seem to know who their teammates were!

However…

Would I take winning the League and Scottish cups one year, followed by relegation in the next?

Probably….

54 minutes ago, antrin said:

I was happy with Saturday’s result, but when assessing the team’s performance you have to keep in mind that the Fakes were the most disjointed, unfocused, leaderless outfit I’ve seen in years.  

The ball bounced aimlessly between them.  They never pressed to get the ball back.  They didn’t seem to know who their teammates were!

However…

Would I take winning the League and Scottish cups one year, followed by relegation in the next?

Probably….

That’s a tough question Mr A. If I recall correctly we had a tough season the year after winning the cup in 1987 but it’s the cup win that I remember. 
Ps. Agree that St J were no great shakes but we pressed harder than I had seen us do for some time too so I’d like to think that we contributed to them having a poor performance.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

However…

Probably….

Yeah, completely agree with that. I would take that every time. Relegation is a lot more temporary than that memory will be for the St Johnstone fans.

Saturday for me was similar to the United, Motherwell & Hibs games of late from the opposite viewpoint. They were three very poor teams, we just happened to be worse on the day.

I don’t know if the results against us relaxed concerns of fans of those clubs, our win on Saturday certainly didn’t in my eyes. 

But as said, I’m just happy it’s at the very end of the season. Hopefully we have a good pre-season and come out fighting with a regenerated squad. 

41 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yeah, completely agree with that. I would take that every time. Relegation is a lot more temporary than that memory will be for the St Johnstone fans.

Saturday for me was similar to the United, Motherwell & Hibs games of late from the opposite viewpoint. They were three very poor teams, we just happened to be worse on the day.

I don’t know if the results against us relaxed concerns of fans of those clubs, our win on Saturday certainly didn’t in my eyes. 

But as said, I’m just happy it’s at the very end of the season. Hopefully we have a good pre-season and come out fighting with a regenerated squad. 

Was that St J double cup win not without fans in grounds? That actually sounds like my worst nightmare.

I didn't get to see the game. What was the formation he went with?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

3-4-1-2
Fraser, McCarthy, Shaughnessy
Tait, Gogic, Ronan, Tanser
Kiltie
Main, Greive.

3-4-1-2
Kiltie
Main, Greive.

Feels a bit weird not playing with wingers. When the season started and we had the 3 at the back the wingbacks made it feel super narrow up the pitch. I guess at the time though we tried to play then Kiltie and McGrath too, which didn't work.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

3-4-1-2
Kiltie
Main, Greive.

I’m no expert but the formation worked well. Plenty of movement from the 1-2 up front and lots in midfield. 

I agree there are some poor teams this year on terrible form..hibs, dons  well now played 36 games this year won 4 between them...BUT....Fakes and Dee are on a different scale of crap...  love to see Arbroath or Thistle up... back to Sat... big result that didnt flatter us and when it really mattered we turned up...hopeful turning point

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I agree there are some poor teams this year on terrible form..hibs, dons  well now played 36 games this year won 4 between them...BUT....Fakes and Dee are on a different scale of crap...  love to see Arbroath or Thistle up... back to Sat... big result that didnt flatter us and when it really mattered we turned up...hopeful turning point

Thistle please. Only because they will then be the closest match for me to attend next season.

Edited by Rascal