Welcome Keanu Baccus

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Let's not knock it, we've brought in a player who has performed well enough to go to the World Cup both the player and the club deserve their rewards.

Not knocking it at all just some people think we are on to loads of money but it gets shared between clubs they have been with for instance Mooy has been with 9 counting Celtic Baccus just 2 counting us.

We will get5 grand a day  and Sydney Wanderers will get the same but we will also get 1 grand a day for Mooy.probably be about 90 grand in total if we are lucky .
How do you work that out.

My understanding of it, is that a share of the payments of £10,000 a day are paid to the clubs that they have played for in the last 2 years.

IE, the 2 years are split into 6.

So seeing as Keanu has been with us for approx 6 months then we are due £3,333 for every day.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

How do you work that out.

My understanding of it, is that a share of the payments of £10,000 a day are paid to the clubs that they have played for in the last 2 years.

IE, the 2 years are split into 6.

So seeing as Keanu has been with us for approx 6 months then we are due £3,333 for every day.

Ok I haven't seen or heard anything about that .so probs about 45 grand if he's there 15 days including training before start of tournament.

59 minutes ago, ianmac said:

I am sure I read it is each day for 10 days before the tournament started until the day after the team is knocked out.

If the Aussies don't get past the group stage that is 10th Nov - 1st Dec.

So, if that is correct and £3,333 is correct then : £69,993.

Even better.

1 hour ago, ianmac said:

I am sure I read it is each day for 10 days before the tournament started until the day after the team is knocked out.

Phew, just what we need, I heard we're struggling to pay the electric bill, going to have to play in the dark. 🙄

Ok I haven't seen or heard anything about that .so probs about 45 grand if he's there 15 days including training before start of tournament.
https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022/media-releases/fifa-distributes-more-than-usd-200m-to-clubs-across-the-world

My mistake $s not £s