Welcome Keanu Baccus

2 hours ago, fmckinn said:

he has had a successful World Cup so far, if he does go I would like to think it would be for 1 million at least, as previous poster stated Celtic have just signed a 24 Yr old Canadian for 3.5 mill

Would love to get that sort of money but the harsh reality is that we’ll get what someone is prepared to pay and we consider a good offer. .

The Canadian lad has 33 full international caps while Keanu has just 4 sub appearances .  

Fingers crossed we get to see the best of him in a Saints strip for a wee while longer before he goes …. Hopefully for squillions 🤞

Well, Australia's World Cup campaign is over but well done Keanu Baccus!  Yes, he'll be disappointed that he and his teammates have been knocked out but Keanu can be proud of himself and his displays.  He should hold his head up high.  Well done, Sir!  I hope he gets a bit of rest and comes back to us refreshed and ready to go for the second part of our season.  I'm not sure how long we'll have the privilege of him in the Black and White stripes but I shall savour whatever time is left.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Australia assistant manager reckons he's worth at least £ 2 million quid.

Of course he is. He played against some of the best international sides on the planet and acquitted himself very well.

We're now leaving the realm of 'can we afford to lose him' as we always ask and entering 'can we afford to knock that back' bids.

Unless Rangers or Celtic want him and he's worth £6m to those two.

4 hours ago, elvis said:

Australia assistant manager reckons he's worth at least £ 2 million quid.

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/keanu-baccus-earn-st-mirren-25692544

Interesting. 2 million pounds according to Australian ass coach.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

FFS. 

5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I know the club will do something in recognition and I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but what is folks thoughts of Keanu being inducted in SMFC's Hall of Fame?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

It’s a sound idea, then.  :)

several mentions of Saints in the media at a World Cup.

A strong, positive role model, who seems likely to progress in the game and, as with John McGinn, Keanu is likely by his example to encourage similar talents to be attracted to Paisley.

And he seems like a decent person, someone in whose reflected glory Buddies can be proud.

Edited by antrin

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I know the club will do something in recognition and I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but what is folks thoughts of Keanu being inducted in SMFC's Hall of Fame?

Ask me again at the end of the January transfer window 🤔

41 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

£2m 🤣🤣🤣

We’ll bend over and take £250k right up the jacksy like we always do. 
Decent sell on clause is the very best we’ll do. 

Agree with you on that. Problem is the sell on clauses are on the never never imo and are taking a punt on what might happen.

I was going to say take the big transfer fee but look at the cats arse we made of the fergie fee.

9 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

£2m 🤣🤣🤣

We’ll bend over and take £250k right up the jacksy like we always do. 
Decent sell on clause is the very best we’ll do. 

The sell on clause idea is great when you’re talking about a 20-21 year old who may have 2-3 moves in him …..IF he makes the grade down south.

Much as Keanu is a smashing player , he will be 25 next year and unless he turns out to be a superstar is unlikely to be making many if any further multi million moves.  
I’d say we need to see some money now, perhaps with add ons for appearances and future international caps would be our best bet.

A move to a decent ( & well off!) mid table championship side might be best outcome  for us and the player. At this stage in his career progression I can’t see many EPL teams coming in for him and paying big money until he’s proved his worth at Championship level, and even then as I said, he will need to turn out to be a superstar to command a big fee. 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

The sell on clause idea is great when you’re talking about a 20-21 year old who may have 2-3 moves in him …..IF he makes the grade down south.
Much as Keanu is a smashing player , he will be 25 next year and unless he turns out to be a superstar is unlikely to be making many if any further multi million moves.  
I’d say we need to see some money now, perhaps with add ons for appearances and future international caps would be our best bet.
 A move to a decent ( & well off!) mid table championship side might be best outcome  for us and the player. At this stage in his career progression I can’t see many EPL teams coming in for him and paying big money until he’s proved his worth at Championship level, and even then as I said, he will need to turn out to be a superstar to command a big fee. 

Didn't he just prove himself on the biggest stage available [emoji6]

36 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Didn't he just prove himself on the biggest stage available emoji6.png

He had a very good competition, there is no doubt about that . He had three substitute appearances and an hour against World class opposition In which he didn’t look out of place .

I would say that any player needs to be able to maintain high standards through a season - not just 120 minutes or so of football. 

I hope he does go on and have a great career and I’m sure he will but I don’t think he is ready for a full season in the EPL If a top division club does come in for him , I’d think the first move would be a loan deal - hopefully to us for the remainder of the season. 

AEK Athens and Ghent among a lot of interest ....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keanu-baccus-gent-aek-athens-28698788

And as I have previously mentioned Celtic have just signed a 24 yo Canadian for £3.5M who has only ever played in Canadian football and a lot of that was College football. I think Baccus has proven himself to be of very decent quality and should command a decent fee.