No more 2 Stands for Celtic and Rangers

I have put 1 bet on in my life and that was for St Mirren to win the Scottish. Cup in 1987.Betting is a mugs game
I had a Saints/Coventry double on that day - won feck all cos the bet was over 90 minutes and both games went to ET.

I’m looking forward to this being confirmed by the board and hearing about future initiatives by the board and our incoming chief operating officer on how we are going to work to encourage more fans, particularly younger ones, along.

13 hours ago, Rascal said:

Looks like the end of giving two stands to the OF when they come to Paisley https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/st-mirren-consider-cutting-celtic-23795369

Let's see what difference this makes to the attendance and our league position next season, as apparently we will take more points from the Old Firm, now! I reckon we might need to lose a squad player or two, unless those fools who campaigned for it cough up the money lost...I won't hold my breath. 

My worry if we go back to one stand is how to keep away fans out of the home sections I would like to think that any identified away fans would be ejected from the stadium but don’t know if the polis would be up for this as it’s a potential flash point 

How do you stop away fans buying home tickets?

11 minutes ago, HSS said:

My worry if we go back to one stand is how to keep away fans out of the home sections I would like to think that any identified away fans would be ejected from the stadium but don’t know if the polis would be up for this as it’s a potential flash point 

There's away fans in the home sections for all these games anyway, I had one sitting beside me the other week. Quite a nice guy actually 😁

4 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

Simply put; the more money we get the better team we have.

I don’t honestly think we could get worse players than some we have. Arbroath are part time and would probably have beaten us a few times this season if in the same league.

It’s criminal how much money we have spunked away over the years on some players who could not trap a bag of cement.

I’d rather watch more academy players than some of the wasters that have played for us over recent seasons.

I think we have actually increased our budget of recent seasons chasing Top 6 Tony’s dream.

The accounts will make grim reading next year. 

11 minutes ago, TopCat said:

There's away fans in the home sections for all these games anyway, I had one sitting beside me the other week. Quite a nice guy actually 😁

There’s going to be a lot more…………….

34 minutes ago, HSS said:

Sell the tickets for the game inside the ground during home games.

Unlikely the bigot would pay for 2 games, and if so we make more cash out of them. 

37 minutes ago, HSS said:

It will still happen but If others travel to away games as we do they might, like us, have found it harder to be able to buy tickets on the day of the match at the away ground. Determined fans will find a way. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Sell the tickets for the game inside the ground during home games.

Unlikely the bigot would pay for 2 games, and if so we make more cash out of them. 

That's a good idea, but you will have folk who, for example, work shifts and who cannot make the previous game.

I think we should continue with the current system, but expect our fans to have purchased more than one game before.

My neighbour, a Rangers fan, was in the home end for a game! He looked a bit sheepish when I said hello. :lol: To be fair to him, he sat on his hands.

59 minutes ago, W6er said:

That's a good idea, but you will have folk who, for example, work shifts and who cannot make the previous game.

I think we should continue with the current system, but expect our fans to have purchased more than one game before.

My neighbour, a Rangers fan, was in the home end for a game! He looked a bit sheepish when I said hello. :lol: To be fair to him, he sat on his hands.

Have them available more weeks in advance to help the shift workers. 

I have put 1 bet on in my life and that was for St Mirren to win the Scottish. Cup in 1987.Betting is a mugs game
It's hardly a mugs game when you are 100% convinced you know the outcome. We don't even need to be relegated given it's currently 6/1 for us to finish in the bottom two (Fakes massive 1/10 favs). FWIW I think our price is plain wrong given 2 of our 4 remaining games are away to our direct opponents and we have dreadful records at both venues. No idea why anyone as convinced as you are is not filling your boots especially since we don't even need to be relegated for you to collect.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
14 hours ago, elvis said:

It's hardly a mugs game when you are 100% convinced you know the outcome. We don't even need to be relegated given it's currently 6/1 for us to finish in the bottom two (Fakes massive 1/10 favs). FWIW I think our price is plain wrong given 2 of our 4 remaining games are away to our direct opponents and we have dreadful records at both venues. No idea why anyone as convinced as you are is not filling your boots especially since we don't even need to be relegated for you to collect.

I wish folks would learn that Elvis's schtick is his absolute pessimism. I, for one, find it humorous. He's part of the furniture here, and even if he was absolutely serious, so what? He's entitled to his opinion, that's what the forum's for. If we all agreed with one another, would there any point in it?

Whilst on this subject, we're all fans of the 'Murn, so can we not try to be civil with one another? We're brothers bound by a special bond, a devotion, to our great football club. No matter who you are, that earns you some respect in my opinion - regardless of anything else.

Edited by W6er

34 minutes ago, W6er said:

I wish folks would learn that Elvis's schtick is his absolute pessimism. I, for one, find it humorous. He's part of the furniture here, and even if he was absolutely serious, so what? He's entitled to his opinion, that's what the forum's for. If we all agreed with one another, would there any point in it?

Whilst on this subject, we're all fans of the 'Murn, so can we not try to be civil with one another? We're brothers bound by a special bond, a devotion, to our great football club. No matter who you are, that earns you some respect in my opinion - regardless of anything else.

Your trouble W6er is that you are right!