No more 2 Stands for Celtic and Rangers

I think we should put this to a SMISA vote the same as we did with VAR. Highlight very clearly how much it has been worth to us over the seasons and let fans vote to decide. 

As mentioned on this thread though, this isn't a decision for a lot less bigot brothers fans at games, it is a vote for more of them in with home stands. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

I think we should put this to a SMISA vote the same as we did with VAR. Highlight very clearly how much it has been worth to us over the seasons and let fans vote to decide. 

As mentioned on this thread though, this isn't a decision for a lot less bigot brothers fans at games, it is a vote for more of them in with home stands. 

I will remind you again that the bottom line is SMiSA do not run St Mirren Football Club. Your suggestion for fans vote to decide who are members of SMiSA would exclude non members who make up the largest percentage of supporters.

Directors of a company make decisions, in this case St Mirren Football Club, sometimes easy and other times difficult but certainly not members of SMiSA. Good directors will have their ear to the ground and will weigh up the pros and cons with the additional knowledge not available to supporters.

25 minutes ago, hamlet said:

I will remind you again that the bottom line is SMiSA do not run St Mirren Football Club. Your suggestion for fans vote to decide who are members of SMiSA would exclude non members who make up the largest percentage of supporters.

Directors of a company make decisions, in this case St Mirren Football Club, sometimes easy and other times difficult but certainly not members of SMiSA. Good directors will have their ear to the ground and will weigh up the pros and cons with the additional knowledge not available to supporters.

I appreciate the intent but you don’t have to ‘remind me’ of anything regarding this. 

SMISA may not directly run SMFC but they have (majority) appointed directors on the board, they’re the majority shareholder and they have the views of 1,000+ St Mirren fans at their fingertips. The situation would be identical to VAR, SMISA informed, not SMISA decided.

If SMISA members vote for or against, it is a pretty strong indication of the overall views of SMFC fans because that’s the voting pool. Any SMFC fan can also vote by signing up to SMISA.

If the board made the decision based on a SMISA indicative vote (much like VAR) I can’t imagine many could complain about the outcome  

32 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

In that case, should the club not conduct a poll of the 3000+  season ticket holders, who's views they also have at their fingertips ?

Could do, I’m not sure if the systems are set up for voting with season ticket holder personal details the same way as they are with SMISA members. If it was more admin & permissions, it would make sense to keep it SMISA. 

Feel it’s a bit moot, either way achieves the same purpose and has the same, pretty weak considering challenge (not all St Mirren fans). 

I would be very surprised if the general view of SMISA St Mirren fans differed from season ticket holding St Mirren fans, many fans will be both. 

Edited by bazil85

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I appreciate the intent but you don’t have to ‘remind me’ of anything regarding this. 

SMISA may not directly run SMFC but they have (majority) appointed directors on the board, they’re the majority shareholder and they have the views of 1,000+ St Mirren fans at their fingertips. The situation would be identical to VAR, SMISA informed, not SMISA decided.

If SMISA members vote for or against, it is a pretty strong indication of the overall views of SMFC fans because that’s the voting pool. Any SMFC fan can also vote by signing up to SMISA.

If the board made the decision based on a SMISA indicative vote (much like VAR) I can’t imagine many could complain about the outcome  

I was only quoting your statement which was "and let fans vote to decide" That to me infers the fans make management decisions which I've tried to explain to you is not the way companies operate.

2 hours ago, hamlet said:

I was only quoting your statement which was "and let fans vote to decide" That to me infers the fans make management decisions which I've tried to explain to you is not the way companies operate.

Ah right, well it wasn’t. It was the same as the VAR vote, hence why I used the example. 

I do however feel, if there was a vote, whichever way the fans vote should be respected by the decision makers & implemented next season.  

Edited by bazil85

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the elephant in the boardroom has been poked by 2 big sticks over the last two weeks, I wonder the reaction of the chair's working party and what they will come up with.

Hopefully a paractical solution that does not involve the status quo of two stands to the cheeks or a vote of the SMiSA membership minority.

Have yet to see any real tangible benefits, so a failed project.

Now that the elephant in the boardroom has been poked by 2 big sticks over the last two weeks, I wonder the reaction of the chair's working party and what they will come up with.
Hopefully a paractical solution that does not involve the status quo of two stands to the cheeks or a vote of the SMiSA membership minority.
Who would you or who did you pick as your player of the season?

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
32 minutes ago, alanb said:

Who would you or who did you pick as your player of the season?

For what it is worth a loanee, Ronan, so no long term benefit.

35 minutes ago, alanb said:

Why shouldn’t it be put to a SMISA vote for guidance on fan view? Makes sense to me for the following reasons. 

- It’s unlikely their voting outcome would differ from the wider St Mirren support.

- Any St Mirren fan can join SMISA & participate in such votes.

-SMISA are the majority owners of SMFC, their elected representatives have the right to make these decisions and the right to engage their membership numbers in guiding them on such decisions. 

- It would be no different to giving a vote to season ticket holders, they also represent a ‘minority’ of St Mirren fans. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Why shouldn’t it be put to a SMISA vote for guidance on fan view? Makes sense to me for the following reasons. 

- It’s unlikely their voting outcome would differ from the wider St Mirren support.

- Any St Mirren fan can join SMISA & participate in such votes.

-SMISA are the majority owners of SMFC, their elected representatives have the right to make these decisions and the right to engage their membership numbers in guiding them on such decisions. 

- It would be no different to giving a vote to season ticket holders, they also represent a ‘minority’ of St Mirren fans. 

The working party will decide ie the board

SMiSA settled for fan ownership “ lite “ and are no longer independent and facilitated outside influences affecting club 

Any vote would be only an opinion poll

Only SMiSA vote the board cares for are those that approved spending funds ( currently suspended)

Hope the members board repair removes my name

I don’t have a vote via SMISA but would be interested to see any of the alternatives highlighted by the working party shared with the wider support, whether SMISA members or not. Nothing wrong with seeking wider input whilst recognising that the board have the ultimate decision making responsibility and authority.

For what it is worth a loanee, Ronan, so no long term benefit.
So his performances didn't contribute to us staying in the top division?

I know I'm being devil's advocate, but as he was the last signing before the transfer window shut we might not have got him if the budget didn't include the forecasted return from attendances of said games.

I don’t have a vote via SMISA but would be interested to see any of the alternatives highlighted by the working party shared with the wider support, whether SMISA members or not. Nothing wrong with seeking wider input whilst recognising that the board have the ultimate decision making responsibility and authority.
You want a say, pay. [emoji14]

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You want a say, pay. emoji14.png

There are two basic arguments involved here. 1. I don’t want to be a part owner and I don’t want to be part of the internal decision making process. 2. I am a regular customer and normally, good practice would dictate that the owners, board and management consider it important to seek the views of those who create the core revenue stream for the business. Are you suggesting that fan ownership somehow makes that unnecessary? Surely not?

The problem with canvassing fans is knowing who you are contacting, Season Ticket holders and SMiSA members are documented, the general populace of St Mirren fans not so much. So how do you go about contacting those that fans that fall outside of the two known groups without attracting mischief makers wanting to skew the result. Tricky one to get right, undoubtedly going to miss a section of the fan base however you do it.

There are two basic arguments involved here. 1. I don’t want to be a part owner and I don’t want to be part of the internal decision making process. 2. I am a regular customer and normally, good practice would dictate that the owners, board and management consider it important to seek the views of those who create the core revenue stream for the business. Are you suggesting that fan ownership somehow makes that unnecessary? Surely not?

So how wide do you suggest that the discussion should be open to?

The problem with canvassing fans is knowing who you are contacting, Season Ticket holders and SMiSA members are documented, the general populace of St Mirren fans not so much. So how do you go about contacting those that fans that fall outside of the two known groups without attracting mischief makers wanting to skew the result. Tricky one to get right, undoubtedly going to miss a section of the fan base however you do it.

Are the club legally allowed to contact season ticket holders for such a purpose?

26 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

So his performances didn't contribute to us staying in the top division?

I know I'm being devil's advocate, but as he was the last signing before the transfer window shut we might not have got him if the budget didn't include the forecasted return from attendances of said games.

Forever grateful for his performances this season and the budget may well have got him here, just hope the working party can come up with a feasible plan to mitigate a one away stand scenario.

From what I can see, the fans POV, via Q&As held has been made aware,lets see the clubs response.

Are the club legally allowed to contact season ticket holders for such a purpose?

Haven't a scooby, I suppose they could propose an opt in/out for canvassing opinion as part of purchase or renewal.

Forever grateful for his performances this season and the budget may well have got him here, just hope the working party can come up with a feasible plan to mitigate a one away stand scenario.
From what I can see, the fans POV, via Q&As held has been made aware,lets see the clubs response.

I believe they would want that as well to save them getting their ears chewed all the time for it.

I believe they would want that as well to save them getting their ears chewed all the time for it.

You would think that bar the sadomasochistic tendencies associated with us St Mirren folk

Maybe our off-field recruitment will provide the solutions