4 Day Week

faraway saint

On 10/3/2022 at 5:42 AM, faraway saint said:

This is it, the first day of the 4 day week, up early, no big deal, can't wait till Thursday at 4:30. :thumbs2

First week over, getting up an hour early wasn't too difficult, I have been a wee bit tired at nights but no big deal.

The "carrot" of having Friday off certainly kept up the morale of the guys and today was like the last day before the holidays. :lol:

The manager, eventually, sorted out the slight difference in the holiday allowance for the rest of the year so everybody's happy. 

I'm already planning a Monday off which gives a nice long weekend. :thumbs2 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

First week over, getting up an hour early wasn't too difficult, I have been a wee bit tired at nights but no big deal.

The "carrot" of having Friday off certainly kept up the morale of the guys and today was like the last day before the holidays. :lol:

The manager, eventually, sorted out the slight difference in the holiday allowance for the rest of the year so everybody's happy. 

I'm already planning a Monday off which gives a nice long weekend. :thumbs2 

Where i work  they tried to fetch in a 4 day week rota, tried it..........naw! What seemed as a good idea at the time turned into days off not together 😡😡

Anyway can't grumble too much as off every weekend now👍👍

4 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Where i work  they tried to fetch in a 4 day week rota, tried it..........naw! What seemed as a good idea at the time turned into days off not together 😡😡

Anyway can't grumble too much as off every weekend now👍👍

We're a different game, quite easy to keep things as planned, any Fridays we are required to do ovetime still leaves us with the weekend to ourselves.

We're quiet right now so the long weekends will do me for now. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

We're a different game, quite easy to keep things as planned, any Fridays we are required to do ovetime still leaves us with the weekend to ourselves.

We're quiet right now so the long weekends will do me for now. 

Can't be too bad a place to work really. Anyway thank god tomorrow is Friday, most have a half day at sellafield so my afternoon stint will be very quiet😂😂 they joys of it being now a decommissioned site. 

• 1 year later...

Just saw an item on the BBC news that most companies who trialed the 4 day week have made it permanent.

Although the gentleman who was discussing this indicated that most companies had also reduced their hours.

I don't happen to agree that this approach would work in the manufacturing industry.

While there are areas that can be made more productive quite simply many other areas cannot so maintaining the core hours, and more when required, is a necessity IMO.