St Mirren v Dundee

Rascal

Our last but one match at home this season sees Dundee come to Paisley complete with 4 ex St Mirren players in their squad in a match that is a must win for them. A performance like today’s game in Perth would be great to see coupled with another win.

Agreed Ricky, if my sums are right and we better St Johnstone’s result we are safe.

After todays very good performance and win we surely need to keep this going and go out and win the game.

2 - 0 saints!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We don't even need to better their result. They have to win their last 3 games, so if they don't win next week, our result is irrelevant to the matter.

Having said that, let's relegate Muttley by both winning.

Dundee know they have next to no chance of surviving but, after seeing at the highlights from yesterday, they looked good in parts without taking anything from the game. It seemed they had a few chances in the first half that, if they went in, could have changed the complexion of the match. We need to put in a shift. Get the win and we relax for the last two games. Party atmosphere for the visit of Livi on Wednesday. I might take the long trip to Aberdeen the following Saturday to say farewell to the few that won't be here next season

15 hours ago, abersgonnygetye said:

Screenshot_20220430-200350_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Mark McGhee as a player was one to take seriously. He ran many a ball into the corner as Aberdeen broke from the back. Not quite as slim now (not many of us are). Dundee are by all accounts playing better than they had been but not getting results. It’s maybe worth noting that they only lost to Aberdeen away from home to a penalty. Not to be taken lightly imo. 

7 hours ago, Rascal said:

Mark McGhee as a player was one to take seriously. He ran many a ball into the corner as Aberdeen broke from the back. Not quite as slim now (not many of us are). Dundee are by all accounts playing better than they had been but not getting results. It’s maybe worth noting that they only lost to Aberdeen away from home to a penalty. Not to be taken lightly imo. 

Agree with this, I’m glad that this game (regarding relegation concerns for us) is all but dead rubber. It could have been a very nervy fixture had we failed to win yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Despite the absolute miserable last home game, tickets purchased out of morbid curiosity more than desire emoji2.png

Saints 3-1 Dundee

That was down to who was sitting behind you. :wink:

The bookies, thankfully, got our last game wrong, along with me, so I hope they are correct this weekend. 

image.thumb.png.50295a9e49eefb63e6b6295f5a5f1d7d.png

That was down to who was sitting behind you. :wink:
The bookies, thankfully, got our last game wrong, along with me, so I hope they are correct this weekend. 
image.thumb.png.50295a9e49eefb63e6b6295f5a5f1d7d.png

I immediately thought of you when I clocked him [emoji2]

It was unbelievably poor that game, this one however ?

Hopefully we get much better performance and result

Think Saturday’s performance and result will give the team a nice wee injection of confidence and we will build on it against Dundee.
Be nice to get one over McGhee but don’t mind Dundee too much, with wee Danny Mullen and Gowser in their team.  

2-0 Saints  

Edited by Balmullo Bud

I agree that we can't afford to take Dundee lightly. Their performance against the Dons at the weekend suggests that they have more fight about them than St. Johnstone did. So, our team needs to take confidence from Saturday's game and put in another performance full of effort and belief. Three more points would be an excellent result.

As always....COYS!!

Not that arsed, it would be good to win but if we lose it's no big deal. As anyone who seen the game on Saturday will know, The Saintees are not going to win three games in a row, we are safe. 

Plus it would quite funny if the Fakes were to get relegated automatically. Let's go all out for the win and make it entertaining either way. If we are going to get the higher prize money of 7th, 8th, or 9th we will need to win this, a draw is no use to either team. 

4 hours ago, pondsman said:

I agree that we can't afford to take Dundee lightly. Their performance against the Dons at the weekend suggests that they have more fight about them than St. Johnstone did. So, our team needs to take confidence from Saturday's game and put in another performance full of effort and belief. Three more points would be an excellent result.

As always....COYS!!

Aberdeen are sh*te.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Agreed... now that is a rebuild and Goodwin to raid Ireland...good luck with that 😄

How much would you like it if Saints were to beat Aberdeen when we play them in our upcoming game? Much as I liked JG as a player, I personally would love it!

6 hours ago, pondsman said:

As always....COYS!!

Listening to the start of Dons/Dundee match on Saturday, Jim Spence and the match commentator (dunno who?) were going spare at the acres of space being allowed to Dundee forwards.  

They seemed outraged that JG's team seemed set up with a Zonal defence, so that individual Dundee players were just not being picked up and allowed too much freedom to play.

Let's hope JG hasn't learnt any lessons from that.

53 minutes ago, Tommy said:

As this will be only my 6th and last league game at home this season, i am hoping for my 1st win   :shockaroony

2 draws and 3 defeats so far ☹️ 

Will guess a 2-1 win for us  :rolleyes:

It’s either a draw or a defeat then 🥺

Lucky Tommy 😂