St Mirren v Dundee

Rascal

2-0, final score, taking into account Dundee are shite I still thought we were half decent straight from the first whistle.

Not getting carried away but two wins on the bounce, two shut outs and a handy 6 points.

I'm aware we're playing teams that are of a similar standard but that's us won 2 from 3.

That'll do for me. 

Fingers crossed Arbroath beat Caley then Fakes... cant wait to see back of them.... we can now chill and look forward to our top 3 tilt next season.... Main will get 25 goals ...just need a defence goalie and some wingbacks....inrobbowetrust# untilweloseagain#

Good result today and much better team performance. Dundee are a team that has given up.

Right, I'm going to hold my hand up and admit I may have been too quick on SR judgement. Whether the penny has dropped with the players either playing to get a move or to try and change managers mind I don't know but they all seemed to get to grips with whatever they are being coached.

Few beers tonight I think👍

1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

Decent performance against a poor team. Gogic was MoM for me, but Fraser and Tait both put in a good shift, as did Kiltie. And Main and Greive are gelling well. Some goal from Main!

I like the Main/Grieve partnership. Even when they both came on against Rangers I thought they showed something else.

Crucial we keep Grogic next year. 

In all a good day and performance.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Have Dundee brought through a decent support or have they resigned themselves they're going down and stayed away? 

Just over 300. Obviously chucked it. If I had to watch Charlie Adams I would have chucked it too. You can see he has been a player but, dearie me, he is One of the least fit players I have ever seen

40 minutes ago, elvis said:

According to the BBC we scored our second against the run of play

Dundee looked decent for the first 5 or so minutes of the second half, apart from that we outplayed them. Main’s goal killed the game for them. 

We could have won by 5 or 6 today. 

Watching game on ALBA.

Both penalty claims certainly look as if they should have been awarded.

Another two shite decisions from the referee.

Gogic was excellent today. We need to make sure it's us that he signs for.

Good to see both strikers scoring. Greive in the right place at the right time and a fantastic strike by Main.

A good, strong performance from Erhahon today. 

Edited by FTOF

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Watching game on ALBA.

Both penalty claims certainly look as if they should have been awarded.

Another two shite decisions from the referee.

Gogic was excellent today. We need to make sure it's us that he signs for.

Good to see both strikers scoring. Greive in the right place at the right time and a fantastic strike by Main.

A good, strong performance from Erhahon today. 

Yes thought Erhahon looked much better today.

Decent performance against a Dundee team that looked beat after Adam's gift to us. 

Main looks transformed in the last two games. He gets my MotM for his goal and constant harrying of the Dundee defence.  Is he trying for a new or extended contract?

Also Gogic, Tait and Tanser were excellent, but can't agree about Erhahon. Apart from a couple of passes, thought he passed backwards more than forwards and even gave the ball away a couple of times.

We still need a reliable scorer. That's now two games where we should have scored more goals.

Still, shouldn't be greedy, I suppose.

COYS!

Edited by pondsman

Just back home after a great  trip to Paisley, 3 generations of Buds on tour. Really enjoyed the game and an excellent team performance. Everything went to plan and a nice reception for a club legend at HT too.

Rejuvenated Main has transformed into a new player the last couple of games, topped off with beauty today, the strike and the take down were quality. Pleased to see the bigman starting to click and looking that he could actually be an asset next season.

Even without my black and white specs on, what was that ref all about today? He had a shocker. McCarthy looked a bit shaky at the back but his teammates got him out of jail a couple of times. Gogic definitely runs in Duracell batteries, he was everywhere and we should be pushing the boat out to get him signed!

We’ve managed to come good at a crucial time. I was fearing we were heading for the playoffs but Robinson must’ve used the wee break before the St Johnstone game to sort things out.

Hopefully the feel good factor continues into next season. What a contrast of emotions compared to the Dee and Fakes fans. Feeling much more optimistic than I was a couple of weeks ago. Loved it today.

Family commitment so no ppv or go to the game but just watched the end on Alba.

Inexplicable mistake from Adam but Greive was in the right place and took it well.

Main’s finish was fantastic. Where has this player been all season ?

I trust Robinson to get the best out of the current players we keep and those we bring in.
Looking forward to next season.

Before then, I’m looking forward to attending the match at Pittodrie knowing there’s absolutely no pressure.
(Post match beers with Dons supporting work colleagues will be all the more enjoyable since the result will be pretty much irrelevant).

COYS !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 1st league win of the season in my last home game of the season   :thumbs2

Main goal was a belter, and fair due to the bud with Main name on his top on in W1, going nuts with div after the slagging he been getting    :lol:

Shame about the 2 job worth stewards who wouldn't let 2 young boys around 12 yrs old to go from the west stand to the south stand at H/T. Not allowed, not allowed was their answer   👎

Also, after being told on the tannoy that the players would be coming back onto the pitch after the game for the players and fans to applause each others, i seen the hospitality seat were empty, well free bevvy is an excuse   🍺   :lol:   but also the director box was empty apart from 3 people standing at the top of the stand  ☹️

3 hours ago, elvis said:

According to the BBC we scored our second against the run of play

We did. It looked, for the first ten minutes, like we hadn't come out in the second half. Like we have done previously.  Luckily they didn't take advantage. After we scored we took control again. Overall it was a good performance and we deserved what we got. We should have been out of sight first half.

Another good performance from Main and a goal too. It's looking a lot rosier now.

Edited by stlucifer