Abaadeen v St Mirren 15th May 22

Brophy Millar(?) on Tait Henderson off.
I’d forgotten all about Millar…

https://www.stmirren.com/matt-millar

It's the one that has baffled me, especially since the livi game. Tait injured so instead of either Henderson or Millar out wide right we had Flynn.

I thought Millar was brought in as pace and width when Jim was going with his version of 3 at the back with wing backs, but not sure if it had been injury, fitness or just not being good that kept him out the side?!

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Very good result under the circumstances. Rode our luck but dug in well. We are not as high up the league as we might have wanted but we survived today and quite enjoying the view sitting above Goodie’s Aberdeen. 
Staying above Aberdeen could be the budget for a new player next season or pushing out the boat for Gogic. He’s been brilliant since he arrived. 

Hope to see Gogic back but I'm not hopeful.

Today's game kind of summed up the season.  Need to sort out delivery to front men and make sure we can make one count in games like this or top 6 will always be a push to far .

On a positive if you said we would take 7 points from Aberdeen at the start of the season you would take it.  They look awfull and can see them struggling next season. 

A season that was in danger of imploding with the changes midway through has ended with some level of stability. 
I think the fact that only the top three had less defeats (equal with Dundee United) but we have had the most draws, shows the fine margins of where we are. 
the lack of cutting edge, as it has for a few seasons, is the only difference. 
All in all can’t complain as we have proved that we can compete and are close to the next level 

Although not everyone is buying into the manager yet, an interesting statistic is that in the whole league, top to bottom, the only teams in the past five games that have picked up more points than us are the Bigot Brothers and Livingston. That's it. 

Edited by zurich_allan
Spelling error

1 minute ago, zurich_allan said:

Although not everyone is buying into the manager yet, an interesting statistic is that in the whole league, top to bottom, the only teams in the past five games that have picked up more points than us are the Bigot Brothers and Livingston. That's it. 

We have only played other Diddy teams. 

Still OK, but not a fair comparison. 

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We have only played other Diddy teams. 

Still OK, but not a fair comparison. 

Yes, but an important consideration is that at the point we played both of Dundee and St Johnstone, they were both in a fight to stay up. That can be a dangerous time to play those type of teams, yet we professionally dispatched both. So yes, it is a fair comparison when not every team around us managed to do that. 

Edited by zurich_allan

27 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

A season that was in danger of imploding with the changes midway through has ended with some level of stability. 
I think the fact that only the top three had less defeats (equal with Dundee United) but we have had the most draws, shows the fine margins of where we are. 
the lack of cutting edge, as it has for a few seasons, is the only difference. 
All in all can’t complain as we have proved that we can compete and are close to the next level 

I agree Banbury Bud. Turn two of those draws into wins and our season would have looked very different. But, “what if” or “what might have been doesn’t change where we are. Recruitment for next season is clearly going to be pivotal and adding goals is a priority.

Anyone else take as much pleasure as me out of Goodie’s post match interview. Raging at the ref, which I can understand. Ethan should’ve been off and didn’t see much wrong with their disallowed goal. 

He bemoaned the ref’s performance and  the fact that “We should’ve finished above St Mirren which is the difference between considerable prize money.” Will be forever grateful for what Goodie has done for us and think of him as a club legend but I cracked a massive smug smile listening to it.

Nae luck Jim…

5 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Anyone else take as much pleasure as me out of Goodie’s post match interview. Raging at the ref, which I can understand. Ethan should’ve been off and didn’t see much wrong with their disallowed goal. 

He bemoaned the ref’s performance and  the fact that “We should’ve finished above St Mirren which is the difference between considerable prize money.” Will be forever grateful for what Goodie has done for us and think of him as a club legend but I cracked a massive smug smile listening to it.

Nae luck Jim…

He has a bigger wage packet as consolation.

On 5/14/2022 at 2:55 PM, stlucifer said:

Well,  I have read that you have a reputation for making things up.

Now…that is a different story! 

(ps. The answer is no)

Edited by Rascal