Abaadeen v St Mirren 15th May 22

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

He has a bigger wage packet as consolation.

Very true and I don’t blame him for taking the job, but his increased wage packet, his squad’s wages and the self entitlement of many of the Aberdeen fans make it all the more sweeter for a wee “diddy team” like us to finish above them. 

10 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Very true and I don’t blame him for taking the job, but his increased wage packet, his squad’s wages and the self entitlement of many of the Aberdeen fans make it all the more sweeter for a wee “diddy team” like us to finish above them. 

Agree 100%

45 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:

Yes, but an important consideration is that at the point we played both of Dundee and St Johnstone, they were both in a fight to stay up. That can be a dangerous time to play those type of teams, yet we professionally dispatched both. So yes, it is a fair comparison when not every team around us managed to do do that.

You mentioned TOP SIX teams, that inferred we were doing better than other TOP SIX sides, THAT makes your comparison pointless. 

I agree we've done reasonably well against other diddy teams. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You mentioned TOP SIX teams, that inferred we were doing better than other TOP SIX sides, THAT makes your comparison pointless. 

I agree we've done reasonably well against other diddy teams. 

Do you really think that there is all that much between every team in the middle pack from 4th-10th though? Because I don't really. Hearts are marginally ahead of the rest, but Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Ross County? Not for me personally. 

14 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:

Do you really think that there is all that much between every team in the middle pack from 4th-10th though? Because I don't really. Hearts are marginally ahead of the rest, but Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Ross County? Not for me personally. 

The other teams in the top six played the Old Firm, THAT makes it an entirely different ball game and, therefor, they will have had less chance of amassing points , unlike the dross we were playing.

THAT'S my point against your original post.

As for the difference, all subjective, I tend to go with the teams that get more points over a season are better than the teams that don't. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The other teams in the top six played the Old Firm, THAT makes it an entirely different ball game and, therefor, they will have had less chance of amassing points , unlike the dross we were playing.

THAT'S my point against your original post.

As for the difference, all subjective, I tend to go with the teams that get more points over a season are better than the teams that don't. 

Old firm ended in 2012 with the death of Rangers. The club were not special, they didn't get to go on where other clubs like Airdrieonians, Clydebank, Gretna did not. 

11 minutes ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
Bore off. :byebye

Yeah, "Clydebank" still exist, they just play in Airdrie and call themselves Airdrieonians. The original Airdrieonians and Gretna are gone - just like the original Rangers, it has to be said.

I have much more to worry about than this repetitive pish, but thanks anyway. :thumbs2

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

So we have more points that County, so we're better. So do Hibs. Also Livi have more points than Dundee Utd, Motherwell and County. So your argument doesn't really cut it.

12 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

So we have more points that County, so we're better. So do Hibs. Also Livi have more points than Dundee Utd, Motherwell and County. So your argument doesn't really cut it.

I'll assume your taking the piss but, since you seem to be having a moment I'll further explain, this would be before the split, when everyone has played the same teams the same amount of times. :byebye

FFS. :lol:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'll assume your taking the piss but, since you seem to be having a moment I'll further explain, this would be before the split, when everyone has played the same teams the same amount of times. :byebye

FFS. :lol:

Yes, but you didn't make that clear, did you?

10 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Well another clean sheet, another point and a team that seemed to have more energy again albeit some playing with pain killing injections. Once again i will admit I got it wrong in slating SR.

Roll on next season.

Yeah, I agree although next season Robbo gets all the chance to prove himself.

It has been a positive finish to the season with 4 clean sheets. 

As stated previously, draws have been our undoing and that has been down to poor game management in most cases.  I’m thinking about a goal shipped late late on against Well amongst others.

Those draws were on Goodwin’s watch but as the Manager is already signing he’s clearly got a plan so here’s hoping.

Best part of the season, not a ball kicked and fantasising about a world beating future!

Thankfully a dreadful season is at an end, one bereft of goals which is criminal. Genuinely only saw one good performance at home, the first win against Aberdeen, apart from that very little to enthuse about. Have very grave doubts about the manager and whom he will sign. I have a suspicion it will be English low league rejects, same as Stubbs. Might be wrong but I think he is very lucky to still be in a job after his awful start. I will get my season ticket as usual and like others, will have to hope for vast improvement next season. Fingers crossed.