Abaadeen v St Mirren 15th May 22

14 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Well another clean sheet, another point and a team that seemed to have more energy again albeit some playing with pain killing injections. Once again i will admit I got it wrong in slating SR.

Roll on next season.

There has certainly been a lot of this over our recent managers. Ross, Kearney & Goodwin for example got hammered by many of our vocal fans early on in their stay. 

I didn’t quite get to the stage of calling for SR to go but I appreciate the frustration regarding him far more than I did the three above.

Probably because he took over a side on great form & the other three had bigger & immediate rebuilds on their hands. 

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

There has certainly been a lot of this over our recent managers. Ross, Kearney & Goodwin for example got hammered by many of our vocal fans early on in their stay. 

I didn’t quite get to the stage of calling for SR to go but I appreciate the frustration regarding him far more than I did the three above.

Probably because he took over a side on great form & the other three had bigger & immediate rebuilds on their hands. 

Looking back at the last 4 games especially where the team seemed to be a lot fitter,etc does beg to wonder if there was a bit less emphasis on that and more tactical positioning under JG.

1 hour ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Looking back at the last 4 games especially where the team seemed to be a lot fitter,etc does beg to wonder if there was a bit less emphasis on that and more tactical positioning under JG.

I was wondering if there was possibly a fitness hangover from Junior leaving. Maybe taking some time to adjust to the new guys ways of working & techniques. 

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I was wondering if there was possibly a fitness hangover from Junior leaving. Maybe taking some time to adjust to the new guys ways of working & techniques. 

It did seem a bit strange with a team going through quite a good run of form to a squad that looked devoid of any energy and whatever they tried didn't work. Like I have said before the performances in last 4 have been way better and not ashamed to admit I may well have got it wrong about SR.

27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Or maybe the fact we went from midweek to weekend games during that run with little rest bite to catch up with a squad that's not got the greatest depth.

The early break cane at the right time during a poor run and allowed us to regroup however to play 8 games in a month was always going to take the toll on a club with resources like us.