Calories on menus

exiledfan

I'm turning into a grumpy old man.  I hate this new law that restaurants that if they have more than 250 employees you need to display the calories on a menu (why eating in a place with more than 250 employees makes you fatter I don't know) . 

I'm sure it's another excuse to give you less food for the restaurant to lower portions at same price and beside that when your eating out do you really want to know your eating like a pig?  This can't be good for folk with eating disorders as well. 

Edited by exiledfan

4 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

I'm turning into a grumpy old man.  I hate this new law that restaurants that if you have more than 250 employees you need to display the calories on a menu (why eating in a place with more than 250 employees makes you fatter I don't know) . 

I'm sure it's another excuse to give you less food for the restaurant to lower portions at same price and beside that when your eating out do you really want to know your eating like a pig?  This can't be good for folk with eating disorders as well. 

I am a bit confused (nothing new there) but how would a restaurant know how many people are employed in your work? 

7 hours ago, Rascal said:

Nothing wrong with smaller portions. Collectively we eat too much and too much of the wrong things. Improve the quality and make it taste better and be better for us. Imo

Agree, but no excuse for keeping the prices the same for a lesser amount. 

Calories on menus, FFS!

Do we REALLY need this level of information?

If you're eating out a few times, at most, a week, you surely have an idea what's going to make you fatter?

If you only eat out every few weeks or more then it's hardly an issue.

Another case of nanny state, gies piece. (with low calorie butter and lettuce please) :byebye

Calories on menus, FFS!
If you're eating out a few times, at most, a week, you surely have an idea what's going to make you fatter?
Another case of nanny state, gies piece. (with low calorie butter and lettuce please) :byebye
It's not the lack of a calorie count that bothers me, it's the lack of a list of ingredients. You order something then when it's brought out, the chef has decided to "tart it up" with something disgusting (like mushrooms, IMO) which isn't in the description.

6 hours ago, Slarti said:
6 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Calories on menus, FFS!

It's not the lack of a calorie count that bothers me, it's the lack of a list of ingredients. You order something then when it's brought out, the chef has decided to "tart it up" with something disgusting (like mushrooms, IMO) which isn't in the description.

Or now an excuse to offer a steak and 6 chips done Jenga style at 600 calories with a mushroom and half tomato. Then they charge extra for more veg and sides on additional calories and cost. 

Or now an excuse to offer a steak and 6 chips done Jenga style at 600 calories with a mushroom and half tomato. Then they charge extra for more veg and sides on additional calories and cost. 
FFS, ah've already mentioned mushrooms, get them tae f**k.

There's got to be some nice and healthy deep fried onion rings with a steak. [emoji1787]

What is wrong with you. Mushrooms are delicious [emoji3059]

I'd recommend the Italiano Pizza from Tandoori Express. Tell them you want it as the Cookie Monster gets it. Extra Mushrooms. [emoji1787]
They are seats for evil pixies.

And there was me thinking, “Mushrooms… They’re chambers in buildings for evil pixies.”
When all the time, mushrooms were furniture…?  :unsure:

Everyday a schoold….   lunatic asylum.
We don't want to know what you Auld Grammarians get up to in mush rooms, thank you very much.

Camphill, ya bass!

I’d expected better from you…

image.thumb.jpeg.34b4b1eccba1cc312d3af7d098ce1d23.jpeg
Interestingly and “factually”, most depictions of wee folk sitting on fungi, show toadstools.

Can Slarti get his worm back. [emoji1787]

PS Slarti you really need to try a toadstool raw. They're so good folk are dying to try them. [emoji6]

Camphill, ya bass!

I’d expected better from you…

image.thumb.jpeg.34b4b1eccba1cc312d3af7d098ce1d23.jpeg
Interestingly and “factually”, most depictions of wee folk sitting on fungi, show toadstools.

I think you'll find that those aren't actually "wee folk", they're normal sized folk sitting on giant toadstools, they just look wee cos they're far away.

Can Slarti get his worm back. [emoji1787]

PS Slarti you really need to try a toadstool raw. They're so good folk are dying to try them. [emoji6]

Leave him alone, he's enjoying it.

I did, twice. I died both times, I won't be trying them again.

• 2 weeks later...