Welcome Keith Lasley

In the absence of any "sloppy journalism" thread, perchance?  Why even bother with this, never mind lead with it?

"WHEN St Mirren posted a loss of £1.6m in their annual accounts, the disappointing results were seized upon by some supporters of Celtic and Rangers as a comeuppance for the club’s temerity to slash – it is never simply ‘reduce’ - their ticket allocations for their visits to the SMiSA Stadium".

Or,

"There are no such worries at St Mirren, who are on course to record their highest ever average home attendance over the course of the season, and Lasley is sure that the uptick is at least partly due to the fact the Saints fans have been made to feel as if their stadium is their own"

• Highest average home attendance: 17,333, 1949–50 (15 games)[15]  ]From a Wikipedia page, but referrenced to the source publication. 

I assumed that he meant at this ground as Love Street obviously had a much higher capacity. Maybe I'm wrong though, and so is he.

4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

In the absence of any "sloppy journalism" thread, perchance?  Why even bother with this, never mind lead with it?

"WHEN St Mirren posted a loss of £1.6m in their annual accounts, the disappointing results were seized upon by some supporters of Celtic and Rangers as a comeuppance for the club’s temerity to slash – it is never simply ‘reduce’ - their ticket allocations for their visits to the SMiSA Stadium".

Or,

"There are no such worries at St Mirren, who are on course to record their highest ever average home attendance over the course of the season, and Lasley is sure that the uptick is at least partly due to the fact the Saints fans have been made to feel as if their stadium is their own"

• Highest average home attendance: 17,333, 1949–50 (15 games)[15]  ]From a Wikipedia page, but referrenced to the source publication. 

After that first paragraph he goes on to point out the loss related to 2021/22 and not this season when we cut the Old Firm allocation.

1 hour ago, Slarti said:
4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Or,

I assumed that he meant at this ground as Love Street obviously had a much higher capacity. Maybe I'm wrong though, and so is he.

I think the "ever" defines the message he wanted to convey

• 8 months later...