Come on Rangers

DougJamie

Well its a valid point Elvis...surely we gain from their success.... just pointing out the fact a few on here cant see a bigger picture... hope they win to because in sporting terms is some achievement... cant stand their fans and their chants though

Well its a valid point Elvis...surely we gain from their success.... just pointing out the fact a few on here cant see a bigger picture... hope they win to because in sporting terms is some achievement... cant stand their fans and their chants though
The "bigger picture" is that:

1. They get more money and so get even further away from other teams than they already are.

2. We need to listen to them go on about it for the rest of our lives.

3. It will, almost certainly, see them "celebrate" by smashing stuff up again.

Not sure how big an issue the first one is as they don't seem to care about spending money they don't have, never mind spending money they do have.

Nevertheless, any team winning a UEFA trophy before their 10th birthday would be some achievement.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

I hope they win whatever name they go by. I have no time for the sectarian element of the club or their fans. Bottom line is that they are the last Scottish team standing in Europe. And some financial crumbs will come our way. 67 looms large in the east end of Glasgow, maybe 22 will on the South Side. 

Edited by Rascal

No thank you.

I got booted out of the Station Bar in 2003 for cheering Porto's 3rd goal in Seville, after reminding the barman that no I didn't have to support Celtic - it's supposed to be a f**king St. Mirren pub.

I'll equally have streamers and whistles for an Eintracht Frankfurt win tomorrow.

Never forget who these cunts are... they leave towns like Paisley, Renfrew, Erskine, Johnstone and all over Scotland every week to support a club that they know will bring success. They'll then laugh at you for supporting shitey wee St. Mirren despite growing up a mile or so from the ground....and that's the good ones. 90% couldn't find Ibrox if you dropped them a Bellahouston or Parkhead from the top end of Duke Street but will still try and talk to you about 'their' club as if they have more or equal a vested interest in Rangers or Celtic than you do in SMFC.

So no, bigger picture or not, I wholeheartedly f**king reject any notion of either of these cuntish clubs being successful in Europe. Any other club, I'd be all for. Either of those two? Forget it.

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

No thank you.

I got booted out of the Station Bar in 2003 for cheering Porto's 3rd goal in Seville, after reminding the barman that no I didn't have to support Celtic - it's supposed to be a f**king St. Mirren pub.

I'll equally have streamers and whistles for an Eintracht Frankfurt win tomorrow.

Never forget who these cunts are... they leave towns like Paisley, Renfrew, Erskine, Johnstone and all over Scotland every week to support a club that they know will bring success. They'll then laugh at you for supporting shitey wee St. Mirren despite growing up a mile or so from the ground....and that's the good ones. 90% couldn't find Ibrox if you dropped them a Bellahouston or Parkhead from the top end of Duke Street but will still try and talk to you about 'their' club as if they have more or equal a vested interest in Rangers or Celtic than you do in SMFC.

So no, bigger picture or not, I wholeheartedly f**king reject any notion of either of these cuntish clubs being successful in Europe. Any other club, I'd be all for. Either of those two? Forget it.

Well one of them is successful in europe.... regardless of result...just makes it more fun when we beat them.... your talking about their fans who have a large scum element.. makes me laugh when 75% of the players cross themselves when they run on the pitch... point is its an incredible achievement on the pitch.. no doubt those off it will as per make a complete tit of themselves... i will take the money they generate anyday

On 5/17/2022 at 9:20 AM, DougJamie said:

It isn’t better for Scottish football if they win, it’s better for people within Scottish footballs pockets. (Short-term) 

Having both Celtic & Rangers in the Champions League just widens the gap even further & makes the league duller regarding competition. If we think it’s bad now, it would be much worse against even stronger Celtic & Rangers teams potentially battering other clubs 4, 5, 6, 7 nil every match.

We already have terrible Tv deals & can hardly get a league sponsor without mediation because of lack of excitement up here. It’ll only get harder with poorer deals as competition further diminishes. That’s the actual big picture. 

3 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:

Same supporters…

Is it though?

Until 2012, Rangers won a lot of things with its supporters.  It died…

…so the current lot that attaches itself to sevco must simply be zombies, IF they’re the same supporters?

Edited by antrin

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

It isn’t better for Scottish football if they win, it’s better for people within Scottish footballs pockets. (Short-term) 

Having both Celtic & Rangers in the Champions League just widens the gap even further & makes the league duller regarding competition. If we think it’s bad now, it would be much worse against even stronger Celtic & Rangers teams potentially battering other clubs 4, 5, 6, 7 nil every match.

We already have terrible Tv deals & can hardly get a league sponsor without mediation because of lack of excitement up here. It’ll only get harder with poorer deals as competition further diminishes. That’s the actual big picture. 

Ok i saw that comical piece on BBC website.... the gap is 30 pts to 3rd 41 points to 4th... so my money is on that remaining regardless... two big clubs and 38 diddy ones is the reality...