Europa League final.

Saint@Johnstone

Both BBC and STV news bulletins have been giving extensive coverage of the fans arriving in Seville and interviewing ex players and their own sports reporters. Pity they didn’t bother to mention that NEITHER of them will be showing the match or even highlights. What utter hypocrisy. Billed as Scottish footballs biggest match in years and absolutely no coverage. 

No.  Not me.

I somehow thought that match was this evening.  So was surprised no one on here blurted out the result.

ID (I Don’t) GAF.  It may happen sometime, but it seems our broadcasters also do not GAF.  
quite right, too.  :)

32 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Both BBC and STV news bulletins have been giving extensive coverage of the fans arriving in Seville and interviewing ex players and their own sports reporters. Pity they didn’t bother to mention that NEITHER of them will be showing the match or even highlights. What utter hypocrisy. Billed as Scottish footballs biggest match in years and absolutely no coverage. 

Like or dislike our two big clubs and their fans, this is still poor form by both the BBC and STV not to have bought the rights to show the game in Scotland on free to air tv. BT appear to be making it available free through their Utube channell

16 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Like or dislike our two big clubs and their fans, this is still poor form by both the BBC and STV not to have bought the rights to show the game in Scotland on free to air tv. BT appear to be making it available free through their Utube channell

I'm defence to BT I like the gesture to make all the European finals free on YouTube.  I'm not sure that the BBC or itv can easily get rights outside of tender processes. 

Insufficient people GAF about yet another hyped up match between a couple of financially shady outfits for it to be worth broadcasters chucking money at it.  Sound decision. 

just a boring kickabout between overpaid feet for hire.

No big deal.

7 hours ago, antrin said:

Insufficient people GAF about yet another hyped up match between a couple of financially shady outfits for it to be worth broadcasters chucking money at it.  Sound decision. 

It's nothing to do with "insufficient people", although that is a load of shite, not being interested, most football people know this.

I'll leave it at that as you'll be slevering about this all day, and probably tomorrow. :byebye

8 hours ago, antrin said:

just a boring kickabout between overpaid feet for hire.

No big deal.

No big deal for yourself or me, I agree but free to air channels have a poor track record which extends to showing  Live England Games in Scotland when there were alternatives . Now there is a WGAF. 

In all honesty, I’d think that some broadcasters who could potentially screen it, decided not to - simply because sevco and its fans are such a toxic brand.  Why be associated with such public bigotry, anti-social behaviour and - no matter the result - violence and hooliganism.

BT were already committed to screening a final, so had no choice.

This could be fun and games tonight. Two clubs whose fans are, in the main, utter f**kwits. It will be interesting to see the antics in the fanzone for those without tickets and the after the game when both sets of "supporters" are back in Seville city centre. The Spanish polis don't f**k about. it's baton charge first and ask questions later!

3 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

This could be fun and games tonight. Two clubs whose fans are, in the main, utter f**kwits. It will be interesting to see the antics in the fanzone for those without tickets and the after the game when both sets of "supporters" are back in Seville city centre. The Spanish polis don't f**k about. it's baton charge first and ask questions later!

No need to ask questions Get intae them 

Don't forget that it will be the police and/or German fans to blame - obviously.

49 minutes ago, Slarti said:
4 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Don't forget that it will be the police and/or German fans to blame - obviously.

It’s often rogue “Chelsea” fans who tarnish sevco’s reputation, isn’t it?