Chairman's Season Ticket statement

Given that the club will not tell us if the OF are to get both ends of the ground, I suspect many season ticket holders will be recluctant to rush to buy their ticket. I will be. I expect that as the pay early discount period ends there will be an appeal to sign up. and pay up. Maybe even an extension to the period.claiming how they need our cash and probably will need to let in the OF at both ends if we dont. Some will give in and pay up. The board will have a good laugh and tell us to take part in the consultation - NOT A BINDING VOTE. Regardless of the result the OF will be at both ends next season to serande us and our children with the hot hits of 1690 and 1916 and the like. 
Really hope I am wrong but fear I will be right  - Buddies before bigots  - Black and white before the orange and the green.

P.S. I liked the suggestion I heard a few weeks ago - keep our families where they are - move the main stand folk to the family stand and put the OF in the main stand  with our directors - bet they would not do that [emoji38]

Dear Animal

Can you answer the questions you were asked now numerous times and conveniently seem to miss.

Yours in no hidden agenda
Cookie Monster

I agree with the family stand being given over to OF. It makes financial sense when we can hardly half fill it most weeks. I’m a ST holder in West and I know of a few ST holders there that don’t bother turning up for the OF games. I’d love it if we could fill the whole 8k with buddies but we can’t. Take the [emoji383]

53 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

I think that was only while restrictions were around and they ran it until the end of this season , could be wrong but I’m sure I heard/ read that that was the case.

That's a shame. I might end up being away and could miss a fair chunk of midweek games if we have any. 

1 hour ago, Stegman said:

I agree with the family stand being given over to OF. It makes financial sense when we can hardly half fill it most weeks. I’m a ST holder in West and I know of a few ST holders there that don’t bother turning up for the OF games. I’d love it if we could fill the whole 8k with buddies but we can’t. Take the emoji383.png

Look at attendances last season. We need to double our crowd to get anywhere near capacity.  Where as from a personal level I don't like them having 2 stands, commercially it adds up to an average full home games capacity over 3 games. It's a tough one. 

Screenshot_20220523-114724.jpg

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

Look at attendances last season. We need to double our crowd to get anywhere near capacity.  Where as from a personal level I don't like them having 2 stands, commercially it adds up to an average full home games capacity over 3 games. It's a tough one. 

So, taking the average outwith the @rsecheek's games, we gain around 6,000 bums on seats for the disruption of real and possibly future fans. With all the extra strewarding required and the fact that we have effectively deliberately lost revenue by the non inclusion of these games on Family tickets is it really worth the bad press the club get from their fans? It equates to under 400 extra fans at each game. I think that's doable with the right commercial team on board.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

So, taking the average outwith the @rsecheek's games, we gain around 6,000 bums on seats for the disruption of real and possibly future fans. With all the extra strewarding required and the fact that we have effectively deliberately lost revenue by the non inclusion of these games on Family tickets is it really worth the bad press the club get from their fans? It equates to under 400 extra fans at each game. I think that's doable with the right commercial team on board.

This has been done to death, it isn't logical to think successive chairman/ various boards would do this unless the financials were significant. They have all the data over a number of seasons to conclude the money is big enough for this to be a decision. The stewarding costs were broken down on previous threads and the extra is trivial compared to the income. 

3 hours ago, exiledfan said:

I reckon out of those 20 games, we only had 9 of them on a sat at 3pm. 

Sure that would have hit the attendance since for me, i decided to miss out on midweek games in the winter. 

For some reason or other, we seem to have had a lot more midweek games than normal at home. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I reckon out of those 20 games, we only had 9 of them on a sat at 3pm. 

Sure that would have hit the attendance since for me, i decided to miss out on midweek games in the winter. 

For some reason or other, we seem to have had a lot more midweek games than normal at home. 

Very true. Covid date changes didn't help. February was a slog. However how much did the OF income help offset the changes. We will never really know. 

This is a strange one! There are already concession tickets available, who are the other Buddies that you can buy a ticket for? The lengths the club will go to get Faraway to a saints game [emoji28]
C821DF90-891D-40B6-BEE7-EE8D72E8A453.thumb.jpeg.b1e80c4635a99575d20aba3f16675b79.jpeg
Unfortunately there's plenty of folk that can't afford a concession ticket even for a single game. Knew about this a while ago and believe its getting actioned through the charity foundation. [emoji106]

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

This has been done to death, it isn't logical to think successive chairman/ various boards would do this unless the financials were significant. They have all the data over a number of seasons to conclude the money is big enough for this to be a decision. The stewarding costs were broken down on previous threads and the extra is trivial compared to the income. 

It still equates to under 400 extra bums on seats with Saints' scarfs and that doesn't take into consideration the numbers involved in adding the @rsecheeks games onto the family tickets. What you are talking about is lazy marketing, taking the easy option. Not a way to grow a business no matter how you look at it. It's important to note that, because successive regimes revert to it, it doesn't mean it's the right way to go about it.

11 hours ago, stlucifer said:

It still equates to under 400 extra bums on seats with Saints' scarfs and that doesn't take into consideration the numbers involved in adding the @rsecheeks games onto the family tickets. What you are talking about is lazy marketing, taking the easy option. Not a way to grow a business no matter how you look at it. It's important to note that, because successive regimes revert to it, it doesn't mean it's the right way to go about it.

The bottom line is, the money is considerable to the clubs budget. If I remember correctly, it was around two first team players for the squad. We can go back in forth on your calculations but that’s what the people in the know, with all the information have calculated. 

That would be a big loss to a wafer thin squad if it couldn’t be quickly replaced. 

If it was just the case of ‘lazy marketing’ and it was so easy to add a few hundred home fans. All clubs would do it. It’s idealist. 

Edited by bazil85

6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

The bottom line is, the money is considerable to the clubs budget. If I remember correctly, it was around two first team players for the squad. We can go back in forth on your calculations but that’s what the people in the know, with all the information have calculated. 

That would be a big loss to a wafer thin squad if it couldn’t be quickly replaced. 

If it was just the case of ‘lazy marketing’ and it was so easy to add a few hundred home fans. All clubs would do it. It’s idealist. 

Dress it up however you will but, even with lazy marketing, we have seen a slight growth in fans turning out year on year. That in itself should negate the need to evict loyal fans in the chase for the bigot buck. With a reasonable push I'm sure Saints could not only increase gates but also find reasonable methods of growing other revenue streams. Other clubs earn far more from their assets outwith the football side. Why not us?

28 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Dress it up however you will but, even with lazy marketing, we have seen a slight growth in fans turning out year on year. That in itself should negate the need to evict loyal fans in the chase for the bigot buck. With a reasonable push I'm sure Saints could not only increase gates but also find reasonable methods of growing other revenue streams. Other clubs earn far more from their assets outwith the football side. Why not us?

As said, this has all been done to death, many times over. I don’t see much point in going over old ground on increasing revenue streams & fan numbers. There were hundreds of pages on it in the past. 

15 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

As said, this has all been done to death, many times over. I don’t see much point in going over old ground on increasing revenue streams & fan numbers. There were hundreds of pages on it in the past. 

And I would say that's the epitome of lazy thinking. Let's not try to solve the problem. Let's make excuses as to why we won't.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

And I would say that's the epitome of lazy thinking. Let's not try to solve the problem. Let's make excuses as to why we won't.

That would be a fair point if this hadn't been discussed and pondered over in hundreds of pages of posts. I also think it is a bit unfair to assume successive SMFC BOD's aren't trying to solve problems that will generate the club more income.