Smisa stadium

1 minute ago, waldorf34 said:

Let's ditch that name and give it a name that we keptkeep  for the next 10 years, St Mirren Park or the Paisley Stadium ,at least that would let outsiders  know where St Mirren play.

Dump Smisa stadium!

Surprisingly I agree, the Smisa Stadium is a shit name, no direct link to St Mirren for many.

17 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Let's ditch that name and give it a name that we keptkeep  for the next 10 years, St Mirren Park or the Paisley Stadium ,at least that would let outsiders  know where St Mirren play.

Dump Smisa stadium!

Agree with this. St Mirren Park would do for me or at a Push Paisley St Mirren Park I like the theme…..all roads lead to St Mirren Park

Edited by Rascal

Dump Smisa stadium!
Isn't it that similar to Doncaster Rovers ground name. Don't want folk travelling there by mistake. [emoji1787]

I’d always thought New Love St , or Love St #2 would be good.

Just a sentimental grumpy old man…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's a use for the smisa pot - pay the council to change the name of Greenhill Road to New Love Street.

2 hours ago, Slarti said:
2 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
I’d always thought New Love St , or Love St #2 would be good.

Just a sentimental grumpy old man…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a use for the smisa pot - pay the council to change the name of Greenhill Road to New Love Street.

Surely the Council or Councillors are unlikely to be swayed by a cash bribe! 🤐😜

Surely the Council or Councillors are unlikely to be swayed by a cash bribe! [emoji850][emoji12]
Aye, right. [emoji1787]

I was really meaning to cover the costs incurred, or at least part of them. Not really feasible though, as there are businesses that would need reimbursed for their costs too. We can but dream, though.

Dump Smisa stadium!
Got to agree. I will never call it any sponsors name. Especially one who doesn't pay for it. It's St.Mirren Park. Nothing else.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Got to agree. I will never call it any sponsors name. Especially one who doesn't pay for it. It's St.Mirren Park. Nothing else.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Who doesn't pay for it? I could name many a times the sponsor as you call them, have put money into the club. [emoji6]

• 8 months later...
54 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I would have hoped the commercial dept would have been trying hard to find a new sponsor and generate at least a bit more cash. 

I’m surprised there has never been change in that area in terms of personnel or number of staff.

How long has CK been in that role?

Did we not try and freshen up with Ali de Foy? Had she left the building now?

It is incredible to think that CK has performed that role for so long without much or any assistance.

If you compare our commercial setup with other similar sized clubs in the top league I would say we are understaffed in that area.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Given the recent revelations of significant losses , I can’t understand why the Stadium name is still The SMISA Stadium.

I would have hoped the commercial dept would have been trying hard to find a new sponsor and generate at least a bit more cash. 

With all the redundancies, have we still got one. 🙄

What, you mean no one called it the simple digital arena?

It is true though, I don't think anyone who isn't a St Mirren fan know what our stadium is called. Regularly hear other fans and pundits call it 'Greenhill Road' 'St Mirren Park' or even the dreaded 'New St Mirren Park'. Personally. I stick with Love St.

If any future sponsor wants to throw some money at it they can have their brand in the name. Until then, it will officially be the SMISA stadium. Any formal name change would just put potential future sponsors off.